Goober Pyle

Falcons Inactives for Minnesota

48 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

There shouldn't be any surprise about Brown. The Falcons do the traditional 7 offensive linemen on game day so he's odd man out. Wes is the back-up center and swing guard.

Ty is the swing tackle. I'm surprised both Hill and Ollison are inactive. I thought one of the big backs would play.

Wes is Gawd Awful.   We need another backup center 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

Probably because they don’t think it’s going to be s blowout game where they have to protect a lead. Thinking it’s gonna be a close game. In that case Freeman will carry the load along with Ito. 

I can't buy that assumption. Surprised you made it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Probably because they don’t think it’s going to be s blowout game where they have to protect a lead. Thinking it’s gonna be a close game. In that case Freeman will carry the load along with Ito. 

Wonder how they feel now that it’s a blow out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Not very concerned, freeman runs more violently then either of those guys.

Well I wish I could see it today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 7:03 PM, g-dawg said:

Wes is Gawd Awful.   We need another backup center 

I'm not sold on Wes either but at this point I doubt there will be an upgrade. Quinn or TD likes something about him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

I'm not sold on Wes either but at this point I doubt there will be an upgrade. Quinn or TD likes something about him.

Yeah I remember a few years ago DQ singles Wes out as “winning the offseason” so I was thinking we would see a new higher level of play - it didn’t happen and he may have gotten worse.   He seems to be the teacher’s pet.

Was the same with last regime and Joe Hawley.

FinalScore2.0 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 11:46 AM, The Don™ said:

I think there's more going on with Senat behind closed doors. He was a healthy scratch a couple times last season. I thought he impressed this preseason. 

Or it could be that since Minny is a outside/stretch zone run team, we're stressing speed on the line this game. 

Until the defensive players start playing with consistent gap control and basic position techniques, like a LB scraping over to the hole, then it doesn’t matter one little bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did we sign Brown? lol. All Senat does when he plays is produce results, but he can't buy his way into a game. And why carry two extra RBs if you aren't going to have even one of them available. If both Ito and Free go down will we go empty set of every play? This makes no sense to me honestly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Why did we sign Brown? lol. All Senat does when he plays is produce results, but he can't buy his way into a game. And why carry two extra RBs if you aren't going to have even one of them available. If both Ito and Free go down will we go empty set of every play? This makes no sense to me honestly. 

Brown is starting this week at right guard after the Lindstrom injury. Hopefully he does well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, montanaman71 said:

Brown is starting this week at right guard after the Lindstrom injury. Hopefully he does well!

Then why is he listed as inactive???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Then why is he listed as inactive???

I think this is an old thread. It says inactives for the Minnesota game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, montanaman71 said:

I think this is an old thread. It says inactives for the Minnesota game.

Ahhhhhh... Thank god lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 1:02 PM, falconsd56 said:

Freeman is not finesse......he can drop the hammer if he gets a full head of steam.

But I would have liked to see a bigger back get some carries.

I've been Free's biggest fan,, But He's not the runner he use to be.. I'm with those who think we should use one of the big backs for short yardage if nothing else.  Sure , use Free as long as he's producing.. But we should have one of the bigger backs ready if needed.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 1:11 PM, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Haha....told y’all about Oliver 

Guy had one bad game and you wanna brag to say you're right? Why not hope he improves for the team instead of being a miserable stain? 

HASHBROWN3 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this fails it is on TD and DQ they refuse to use a big back. Last year 3rd and 2 we kept sending Ito and them into the line even with a lightweight, inadequate OL and most of the time we didn't make it. We have chance to have some size in the backfield to go with our wiggle guys but they refuse to.  Do we really want Freeman to run violently in a 16 NFL game season?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gold4425 said:

If this fails it is on TD and DQ they refuse to use a big back. Last year 3rd and 2 we kept sending Ito and them into the line even with a lightweight, inadequate OL and most of the time we didn't make it. We have chance to have some size in the backfield to go with our wiggle guys but they refuse to.  Do we really want Freeman to run violently in a 16 NFL game season?????

Really is frustrating to say the least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Guy had one bad game and you wanna brag to say you're right? Why not hope he improves for the team instead of being a miserable stain? 

Not just one game bruh. He’ll get abused again Sunday. Dude just isn’t that good.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I thought Brown was starting for Lindstrom...smh

He is. See my post above. This is the inactive list vs Minnesota.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 10:43 AM, Beast from the middle east said:

Surprise Ollison is an inactive, same for Senat. Senat has fallen off a cliff it seems.

this board says he is really good that is the 5-11 senat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now