Goober Pyle

Falcons Inactives for Minnesota

48 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Beast from the middle east said:

Surprise Ollison is an inactive, same for Senat. Senat has fallen off a cliff it seems.

I think there's more going on with Senat behind closed doors. He was a healthy scratch a couple times last season. I thought he impressed this preseason. 

Or it could be that since Minny is a outside/stretch zone run team, we're stressing speed on the line this game. 

Draftnut57 likes this

There shouldn't be any surprise about Brown. The Falcons do the traditional 7 offensive linemen on game day so he's odd man out. Wes is the back-up center and swing guard.

Ty is the swing tackle. I'm surprised both Hill and Ollison are inactive. I thought one of the big backs would play.

The Don™ and Tim Mazetti like this

3 minutes ago, Beast from the middle east said:

Surprise Ollison is an inactive, same for Senat. Senat has fallen off a cliff it seems.

Ollison is not a surprise at all (nor is Hill really).  He did not get any reps with the ones in preseason and there's four guys ahead of him.  Senat is in an odd spot.  He's not been bad but we got a lot of guys who've shown more than he has.  He also offers no ST value.

The Don™ likes this

3 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Weird to see Brown there with Gono already out. Hill AND Ollison a little odd too. No big back for short yardage. They must be impressed at Keith Smith to lead the charge on run plays.

Brown makes sense as they carry 7 OL, so the swing emergency tackle will always be Ty, and the other player better be cross trained to play OG and Center (Wes). I hope they plan to cross train brown as he is infinitely better than Wes. Not sure what is going on with Senat, but he was playing well in Preseason. I'd rather roll with him than Cominsky for this game. Must be some off the field stuff, or his lack of pass rush. 

The Don™ likes this

2 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Ollison is not a surprise at all (nor is Hill really).  He did not get any reps with the ones in preseason and there's four guys ahead of him.  Senat is in an odd spot.  He's not been bad but we got a lot of guys who've shown more than he has.  He also offers no ST value.

Could use the goal line touches though, as the Vikes play the run very tough. I think hes better than Hill as the short yardage back. 

13 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

What’s up with Brown? He’s not hurt is he? 

Wes is the back up guard and center

5 minutes ago, Beast from the middle east said:

I'd rather roll with him than Cominsky for this game. Must be some off the field stuff, or his lack of pass rush. 

I think Cominsky offers more ST value. He moves very well for a guy his size.

It's actually a good thing to have good players inactive 1st game of the season. That means the Falcons have good depth.

TheFatboi and HASHBROWN3 like this

2 minutes ago, GleasonForever! said:

All the talk of “we need a big back” from TD and Quinn just for them both to be inactive? 

Probably because they don’t think it’s going to be s blowout game where they have to protect a lead. Thinking it’s gonna be a close game. In that case Freeman will carry the load along with Ito. 

Vandy likes this

10 minutes ago, Beast from the middle east said:

Could use the goal line touches though, as the Vikes play the run very tough. I think hes better than Hill as the short yardage back. 

No idea and honestly our run game will go as our OL goes.  None of our backs are going to run through walls and Free and Ito are the best equipped to find daylight and improvise.

You know, I kept telling people (read: the homers) that Hageman and Senat were NOT "Beasts". But as per typical, rational discussion is frowned upon on the TAFT.

The surprises to me are Hill and Ollison. Means it will not be a RB by committee behind Free. All free all day, with a tid bit of Ito.

42 minutes ago, GleasonForever! said:

All the talk of “we need a big back” from TD and Quinn just for them both to be inactive? 

Not very concerned, freeman runs more violently then either of those guys.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

1 hour ago, Lowndesfalc said:

I was surprised at Brown. Wonder if he’s possibly trade bait. 

Paying that kinda money for a guy to sit? SMH...

5 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

So the finesse runners?

Freeman is not finesse......he can drop the hammer if he gets a full head of steam.

But I would have liked to see a bigger back get some carries.