Cole World

Falcons opening day record under Dan Quinn

22 posts in this topic

Under Dan Quinn we are 2 - 2 in opening games.

So far every odd year we seem to win.

2015: Won against the Eagles

2016: Loss to the Bucs 

2017: Won against the Bears

2018: Loss to the Eagles

2019: 

TheFatboi and FalconBlood like this

3 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Still remember the depression on this board after that loss to the Bucs. Good times.

I was at that game. I was demoralized and had no idea the rest of the season would go the way it did. At least, this time, Quinn is calling the defense from the start of the seas.  

Edited by droopy1592
Bobby.Digital likes this

Just now, droopy1592 said:

I was at that game. I was demoralized and had no idea the rest of the season would go the way it did. 

I was at the Bears game. The last second win stopping their comeback was a relief after SB51.

FalconBlood and Domed Outter like this

8 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I was at the Bears game. The last second win stopping their comeback was a relief after SB51.

Ugh I still had a bad feeling because felt that game was closer than it should have been. 

Jesus and FalconFan1st like this

Just now, droopy1592 said:

Ugh I still had a bad feeling because felt that game was closer than it should have been. 

That was how they played all year. I hope with the offensive minds running the show now that they can learn to break away and hold a lead.

ltstorm2 likes this

This is a must win game as our next opponents are the eagles and the tough Texans are on our schedule too. Cant afford to dig ourselves in an early hole. Start good, start early, and dont let off the Gas until the playoffs are secure. 

35 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Under Dan Quinn we are 2 - 2 in opening games.

So far every odd year we seem to win.

2015: Won against the Eagles

2016: Loss to the Bucs 

2017: Won against the Bears

2018: Loss to the Eagles

2019: Won against the Vikings 

Fify 

Cole World likes this

51 minutes ago, Jesus said:

That was how they played all year. I hope with the offensive minds running the show now that they can learn to break away and hold a lead.

That's how they've played since Matt Ryan was drafted in '08.  We've won a bunch of games (barely).  I remember a few years ago while we were in our come from behind or barely hang on win stretch and a poster said that he liked the "drama"..... F that not all the **** time? Like, **** near every game?  Can we please just more than once a blue moon just dominate a team from start to finish without having me sweating bullets in the 4th qtr?  Matt Ryan has a bajillion come from behind victories for a reason.

54 minutes ago, Beast from the middle east said:

This is a must win game as our next opponents are the eagles and the tough Texans are on our schedule too. Cant afford to dig ourselves in an early hole. Start good, start early, and dont let off the Gas until the playoffs are secure. 

Na, half of the league will be 0-1 after Monday.  It's how you finish a season, not how you start it(to an extent).  We need to be a cohesive unit when we run through that gauntlet of 5 straight NFC South opponents.

Cole World likes this

35 minutes ago, ltstorm2 said:

Na, half of the league will be 0-1 after Monday.  It's how you finish a season, not how you start it(to an extent).  We need to be a cohesive unit when we run through that gauntlet of 5 straight NFC South opponents.

We are only allowed to lose 5-6 games tops, cant afford a 0-2 hole with division games still to come. 

I might have to change the channel over to watch the Braves vs Nationals. It looks ugly right now and we're still in 1st quarter.

They worry about players getting hurt in preseason that nobody played so when they start the season we play like **** for 2 or threé games what happened to practicing in pads and hitting every day it built up a toughness for the players

EpicBird likes this

8 hours ago, Cole World said:

No complaints from me.

I was WAY off. 

But I've seen this over and over. 

I get my hopes up, but we all know the ending....