Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egoprime II

Falcons Will Win By Two Scores

26 posts in this topic

I've thought the Falcons were going to win since about Tuesday, when I read about their O line being so unsettled.  With the proven plyers on our D line, I felt this was a mismatch in our favor.

Now I have read reports the the Vikes best DT AND their best WR are hurting.   After an offseason that saw the Vikes lose their other very good starting DT and their starting SS.

I'm not seeing a Viking win here at  all.  Topic title says the rest...

EDIT AFTER THE BUTT_WHIPPIN'

It has been suggested that I delete this post and thread by someone I respect very much, here.   I won't.   Because there is nothing wrong with fans believing.  

I -will- say I believe a hekuva lot less, now, than I did at around 12:55 today..... now its more "show me" than believing.

Far as the Falcons goes, I held up my end.  If they fail to hold up thiers….that's on them.

True Falcons fans get it.  The rest don't matter to me.    Thanks!  :D

Edited by egoprime II
Flyin' In DC likes this

I have a feeling Ridley will have a big game. Sanu will get us plenty of 3rd down conversions, but Ridley will have a day. Julio will have a lot of attention on him and Zimmer will have his blitz packages attempt to do the rest. 

egoprime II likes this

Yeah, no. I'm hoping for a win, but I'm hardly confident. The Vikes under Zimmer seem to always give us trouble, even in years where they're bad, let alone years like this where they've made so many improvements.

Maybe we do win by two scores, but I'm expecting a grind.

egoprime II likes this

21 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Love to see the defense carry this team until the OLine has a chance to gel.

20 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Hope you’re right

14 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

I have a feeling Ridley will have a big game. Sanu will get us plenty of 3rd down conversions, but Ridley will have a day. Julio will have a lot of attention on him and Zimmer will have his blitz packages attempt to do the rest. 

**********post I wrote,  copied from another thread************

Fast read-quick release Matt Ryan will negate the pass rush.

Then the Vikes' D gets wore out when the Falcons run the ball right at them.

Then there is the no huddle....and Koetter's staple play, the screen pass.

Several ways to slow down that Vikes' D, and the Falcons use all of them.

ALSO:  reduced time on field for Vikes' O means our pass rushers get to disregard the run.....

Win by 2 scores.  They're down by 2 scores at this moment and it only looks like it's going to get worse.  The offense is not ready.  This defense is a good test and its imposing its will.  It's starting to look like it's going to be a long season.

As I've said before defense wins championships, not offense.

3 hours ago, egoprime II said:

Now I have read reports the the Vikes best DT AND their best WR are hurting.   After an offseason that saw the Vikes lose their other very good starting DT and their starting SS.

This right here should have been your clue on why they wouldn't win

Bez quitting plays makes me sick, get him out of there...as far as DQ vs Zim...no contest as it shows in the score

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Might wanna delete this post quickly @egoprime II

Thanks for that g-dawg, I know you are being considerate.  Its cool.  Nothing wrong with fans believing.

Far as the Falcons goes, I held up my end.  If they fail to hold up thiers….that's on them.

True Falcons fans get it.  The rest don't matter to me.    Thanks, man!  :D

Think I might add something to my original post....

g-dawg likes this

3 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

You misspelled Vikings...

Eh...oh is -that- who we were actually playing???

Oh heck, man, we got no chance against the VikINGS, none at all...….:rolleyes::ninja::munch: