Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Monoxide

*** Official Falcons Vs Vikings In-Game Thread ***

7 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

Dude you still missing the point..... I didn’t say Ryan hasnt played well..... but you would have to admit we have seen Ryan have to make s lot of these speeches which = huge problems within our organization. I’ve followed this team since 1972..... so I have the right to my opinion just like you do. Lighten up.... it’s not a personal attack on you. :lol:

Ok fair just wanted some clarity.

11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Don't know what game you were watching but Gage and Hardy looked pretty **** good yesterday.

Look at the depth chart.  I'm glad they looked good.  However #4 and #5 shouldn't be the primary because you want to rest #1, #2, and #3.  Especially 8 minutes into game number 1.  This just tells me the coaching staff doesn't get it.

Edited by isproab

8 hours ago, isproab said:

Look at the depth chart.  I'm glad they looked good.  However #4 and #5 shouldn't be the primary because you want to rest #1, #2, and #3.  Especially 8 minutes into game number 1.  This just tells me the coaching staff doesn't get it.

They were not pulled off the the field for rest. They were pulled off the field because that is what the package called for.

On 9/8/2019 at 0:40 PM, falcons007 said:

No. The game needs 4TD even if you go all 2 pt attempts. It’s too early for a 2PA.

the only logic I can think of is they expect to give up at least another FG. By going for 2 on 3 drives you negate those 3 pts. 

15 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

They were not pulled off the the field for rest. They were pulled off the field because that is what the package called for.

And that's stupid 567. An end around to Gage? Come on. Get the other plays to work first. The Vikings weren't even biting on anything to get fooled by misdirection. No package in a game you're down 14-0 out the gate should not include Julio, Sanu, and Ridley. Period. Especially once Rhodes got hurt and Alexander got hurt. 

5 minutes ago, vel said:

And that's stupid 567. An end around to Gage? Come on. Get the other plays to work first. The Vikings weren't even biting on anything to get fooled by misdirection. No package in a game you're down 14-0 out the gate should not include Julio, Sanu, and Ridley. Period. Especially once Rhodes got hurt and Alexander got hurt. 

Yeah, Spielman was shocked that the Falcons didn't immediately start attacking the replacement CB.   No situational awareness.

Edited by JeffAtl

4 minutes ago, vel said:

That was dumbest play. I thought Falcons were going to attack the sub on next snap Rhodes got hurt. Go Max protect and have Julio go deep.

9 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

Yeah, Spielman was shocked that the Falcons didn't immediately start attacking the replacement CB.   No situational awareness.

I hate teams that don't do that. Belichick and Payton do it immediately. It's like nobody is paying any attention to what's going on. Just careless. But it's a league wide problem. 

2 minutes ago, vel said:

I hate teams that don't do that. Belichick and Payton do it immediately. It's like nobody is paying any attention to what's going on. Just careless. But it's a league wide problem. 

Yep, Belichick and Payton both have killer instincts.  Payton isn't half the coach or strategist that Belichick is, but his "rip your throat out" personality serves him well.

Edited by JeffAtl

1 hour ago, vel said:

That's a different argument and discussion than "why are we resting guys 5 plays into the game?"

44 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That's a different argument and discussion than "why are we resting guys 5 plays into the game?"

I put them together. Why TF are you're top three weapons off the field in a game that you were down 14 points after only running 6 plays? Rest or otherwise, the score dictates you need to get into gear quickly. 

54 minutes ago, vel said:

I put them together. Why TF are you're top three weapons off the field in a game that you were down 14 points after only running 6 plays? Rest or otherwise, the score dictates you need to get into gear quickly. 

I've got no answers for that. Lots of things I have no answer for.