*** Official Falcons Vs Vikings In-Game Thread ***

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s finally here! The moment we’ve all been waiting for. It’s time to show the world why 2019 is the year of the Falcons. I know we’re 4 hours away, but I’m too excited to go back to sleep so I’

**** the Saints!

Posted Images

Do people really think game one of 2016 and game one of this year are that comparable?  I remember being at the first game in 2016, we lost but we didn’t look completely lost like they did today.  It’s  like they got a bunch of random dudes together and said okay, this is your team.

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I thought DK did a good job in adjusting the offense when it was clear that the inital plan did not work.

The falcons had 2 drives in the vikings redzone and turned the ball over twice.

Garbage points. 

Our offense looked completely out-of-synch. Minny D had a lot to do with that, as did our new OL who will need a few games to gel. But I never understood the koetter hire to come in and run shannahan’s offense. 

3 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

No quick plays to offset the rush. Slants. Get guys in space. What an antiquated offense. Terrible. No in game changes. Nothing. 

No excuse for that when you have Ridley and Julio that can go for huge chunks on a simple slant.  We barely ran any crossing routes which Ridley also excels at.

My stream was garbage, but I may have to renew gamepass to take a look at the route concepts.  It seemed like many were the typical long developing deep routes.  I wish we would simply attack all levels.  We have the players to create mismatches on every level but it just isnt happening.

6 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Do people really think game one of 2016 and game one of this year are that comparable?  I remember being at the first game in 2016, we lost but we didn’t look completely lost like they did today.  It’s  like they got a bunch of random dudes together and said okay, this is your team.

Yes it felt the same to me. Only difference was the turn overes today. Protect the ball from those mental errors and.... we still would have lost, but would have been in the game. So yes, felt about the same. 

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Garbage points. 

Our offense looked completely out-of-synch. Minny D had a lot to do with that, as did our new OL who will need a few games to gel. But I never understood the koetter hire to come in and run shannahan’s offense. 

Not talking about the scoring drives.....I am talking about the 2 other would be scoring drives that ended up not being scoring drives.

We were in scoring position both times.

Once we started getting no huddle we moved the ball pretty well....the turnovers were the real difference

6 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

No quick plays to offset the rush. Slants. Get guys in space. What an antiquated offense. Terrible. No in game changes. Nothing. 

We litterally did only quick plays after the first 2 drives.

It is one reason that we were only getting 5 or 6 yards a pass...everything was short and quick

2 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

No excuse for that when you have Ridley and Julio that can go for huge chunks on a simple slant.  We barely ran any crossing routes which Ridley also excels at.

My stream was garbage, but I may have to renew gamepass to take a look at the route concepts.  It seemed like many were the typical long developing deep routes.  I wish we would simply attack all levels.  We have the players to create mismatches on every level but it just isnt happening.

Early on that was true but we went to much quicker passes