Monoxide

*** Official Falcons Vs Vikings In-Game Thread ***

3,212 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Nothing going right.  LSU looked good also yesterday.  

That's actually a good example, LSU changed up everything on offense and look at them now. Not saying it'll work, but It can't hurt too much at this point.

11 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Everything is odd to me right now.  I thought for sure when Koetter and Mularkey got brought back we were scrapping Shanny's scheme.  I didn't even bother to follow up.

I couldn't believe when I finally came back and ya'll told me we were still running the same offense.  I had to go and search up articles from the summer, I couldn't believe it.

How hard would it be to not only call a different playbook, but a different offensive philosophy as well?  Honest question.

2 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Thank God for Grady. Without him, our dline would be WAY worse than it is. 

"Let him walk, why keep him if the cap makes us let lesser players walk?!"

1 minute ago, HEIST said:

To an extent but to me that's just more mental mistakes. Like not holding contain ever. 

It's a little more than that on the oline.

Like the Ryan pick was because he was under pressure, almost immediately, and threw a jump ball into double coverage

Jerz #Quinning likes this

2 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

Haven’t even heard Riley’s name!!! There are several that would have been cut anywhere else:

He made a good play during that drive with the Free fumble

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

How hard would it be to not only call a different playbook, but a different offensive philosophy as well?  Honest question.

With an offseason, not hard at all.  Especially since Koetter's already worked with Matt.  I just knew that's what we were doing.

In-season... not so much.  Koetter apparently, spent the whole offseason learning the verbiage and everything, so it is what it is at this point.  It's too late to rip everything up and Koetter to install ALL of his stuff.  Best we can hope for are tweaks, and them getting comfortable enough that Koetter can add in a few new pieces each week.  

It's not gonna stay this bad the whole year, but this isn't a good sign at all.  

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Just now, stizz said:

Is Ryan or is it Koetter terrified of going deep with RHodes going out of the game?

When it takes 6 of  your guys to block 4 of theirs.... they are going to have an advantage covering

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this