Monoxide

*** Official Falcons Vs Vikings In-Game Thread ***

3,212 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, RubberDucky said:

Is it normal to feel some resentment for this team right now?

We've endured a lot, suffered a lot of embarrassment, all w/out ever getting rewarded for it.

You're just now feeling resentment for this team lol

2 minutes ago, diehardfalconsfan said:

And it's worse because of the talent on this team. It's really unreal to be so bad with so much.

Talent? I’m not really seeing much of that on the field. Sadly. 

3 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Too much sense, apparently.   For the life of me I just don't get it.  You're intent on keeping this WCO system then go out and hire I guy with a completely opposite offensive identity AND don't let him at least install his system.

Looks like a total mess out there.  We have nothing to hang our hat on right now.

When we go no huddle we are moving the ball.

We have moved the ball well the last few drives but penalties and turnovers have snuffed things.

blkbigdog35 likes this

Minny is a great team but what I saw in the first half was awful. 

The Falcons are playing the whole “the offense struggles against a physical team” act perfectly. I expected it. I just wasn’t expecting the Vikings offensive line to do what they did in the first half. That is not a good sign for the defense........

Just now, Vandy said:

No they don’t. 

If we dont have Dline than we have Oline 

If we have Oline than we have Dline missing.

This year we have BOTH missing....so end result probably 4-12 or 5-11

1 minute ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

You should better by now

You are correct, don't know why I let my guard down. I figured we are healthy and ready to go.

Man, y'all oline is not very good. I would revamp the whole thing including the coaches. Year after year it's the same ole story.

Edited by Winn chicken

It could’ve been a lot worse.  We played very disjointed football in all phases and look rather timid.  They talk the talk throughout the week, but come gametime it seems to go all out the window.

We have all of the pieces, but it’s hard to tell who’s leading the ship.  Somebody’s gotta have some heart on this team.  We can’t practice all offseason and come out looking like this.  That’s unacceptable.

With that said, I still think we can win this game.  Our run defense got a little tighter towards the end of the half, and if we can stop being handsy in the secondary then we might be able to get some stops.

Vikings will still come with pressure so we’ll have to get the ball out quickly and keep grinding with Ito.

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

We only have Knapp and Morris with WCO experience.  Seems an odd mix

Everything is odd to me right now.  I thought for sure when Koetter and Mularkey got brought back we were scrapping Shanny's scheme.  I didn't even bother to follow up.

I couldn't believe when I finally came back and ya'll told me we were still running the same offense.  I had to go and search up articles from the summer, I couldn't believe it.

FalconsIn2012 and Schwarzwald like this

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It could be worse. We could be playing at home and have our team checked out on the season already, giving up 42 in a single half to the Ravens!

Poor Miami fans. We know what is correctable on a handful of plays going our way. At least our team isn't checked out like the Dolphins.

But Dolphins fans were not expecting a Super Bowl anytime soon

Falcons will always have the no-respect trophy the start of every season until they are consistent.

1 minute ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Patriots would have surely done it.

I absolutely agree that missed block was the nail in the coffin. Cuz if he blocks ...that's a wide open T D to Robinson.

Dude blatantly lied after the game saying it wasn't his block. Remember what he and his family member agent cried for a contract the week of the SB. Would have never looked at him the same after that.

11 minutes ago, thofin21 said:

One of the worst opening games in recent memory 

Yep. This rates right up there with some of the worst openings in Rankin Smith's laughable years. On a brighter note, the second half couldn't possibly be worse. #fingerscrossed  :ninja:

thofin21 likes this

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It could be worse. We could be playing at home and have our team checked out on the season already, giving up 42 in a single half to the Ravens!

Poor Miami fans. We know what is correctable on a handful of plays going our way. At least our team isn't checked out like the Dolphins.

Yep, Jackson is putting a whipping on them.

Schwarzwald likes this

3 minutes ago, Shagpill 2.0 said:

Yup Smith has his head down and hit him. Period. I'm Quinn is acting passive on the side lines. Get some rage in you man. The refs are blowing this game. 

Quinn does need to learn to work the refs. We get totally hosed and he will just throw his tail between his lehs and hide. Reminds me of Coach Kline off the waterboy.

Back in the prime Smitty days. Mike Smith would step off in their ***. He got his words in. 

rounz and Schwarzwald like this

Just now, ParanoidAndroid said:

So for the fire DQ crowd, who replaces him?

Seriously, I'd like to know

Now that's a good question.

Who do they think that's on the market that can come in a do any better?

1 minute ago, mattyicefalcon said:

If we dont have Dline than we have Oline 

If we have Oline than we have Dline missing.

This year we have BOTH missing....so end result probably 4-12 or 5-11

Wanna bet? :ninja:

Schwarzwald and Drew4719 like this

2 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Scheme is our problem right now.

Quinn is out there running odd fronts, and playing our guys head up on linemen for some reason I can't figure out.  We ain't built that way and can't get off blocks.

We go back to that under front where they can use their quickness to shoot gaps, we'd be seeing something different right now.  They're just washing us right now the LOS on those zone runs.

to true... normally when guys are that out of position it is a scheme issue. Yea a few of them are losing one on one's but the entire dline is not in position to make a play. 

Just now, RoddyWhite84 said:

Waiting all this time just got atlanta to look like complete ****...I love my team to the core but ******** man 

Yep, they looked better last year with all the injuries

RoddyWhite84 likes this

Just now, KRUNKuno said:

It could’ve been a lot worse.  We played very disjointed football in all phases and look rather timid.  They talk the talk throughout the week, but come gametime it seems to go all out the window.

We have all of the pieces, but it’s hard to tell who’s leading the ship.  Somebody’s gotta have some heart on this team.  We can’t practice all offseason and come out looking like this.  That’s unacceptable.

With that said, I still think we can win this game.  Our run defense got a little tighter towards the end of the half, and if we can stop being handsy in the secondary then we might be able to get some stops.

Vikings will still come with pressure so we’ll have to get the ball out quickly and keep grinding with Ito.

You are such a homer if you believe we have any chance.

Coach who had a chance to get some points on board wasted a golden opportunity

This team has no heart..  too soft to the core.

The superbowl hangover is real.