Monoxide

*** Official Falcons Vs Vikings In-Game Thread ***

3,212 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

NOrthside then Tech Pkwy NW.  As long as you're not trying to do this an hour before kickoff it should only take you 20-30 minutes to get to the Stadium.  Finding a parking space may take a minute...

Thanks, I tried that for the Dallas game last year - took even longer lol.  

A primary problem is that the cops stop traffic for small groups of pedestrians rather than letting the crowds bunch up before stopping traffic.

The key is getting to the stadium at least 2 hours before kickoff - that's not always possible though and other NFL cities seem to find a way.  Even the Braves do lol

4 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

The OL isn't helping. Julio had Rhodes beat, but Ryan was rushed. 

The “Rhodes is the only CB that can cover Julio” bs is going to continue until we finally have an Oline that can give Ryan a regular amount of time to pass against teams like the vikes

Hopefully Julio gets a chance to show it on a national stage in the playoffs this year 

Faithful Falcon likes this

Just now, Beast from the middle east said:

Yep, this is worse than the browns because they keep hyping up the team and giving us a glimmer of hope. This team is worse than ulcers.

And it's worse because of the talent on this team. It's really unreal to be so bad with so much.

tonatl07 likes this

1 minute ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Remember when people blamed Greg Williams blitzing for the OL struggles in the preseason!? Nope, they just suck

Our OL looks leagues better than they did the last time we played the Vikings.

3 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

At least the Falcons aren't leading you on and are setting expectations up front.

If things don't change drastically the 2nd half.... go ahead and get ready for  Quinn in the hot seat on Atlanta sports talk radio...

I am so ready to see him on the hot seat

16 minutes ago, caponine said:

Lol I'm just speaking facts , yall blamed coleman last year. What about Freenan in this game ?? 

And what’s with this y’all BS? I supported Coleman when he was a falcon. 

Like I said, go root for the 49ers. 

Is it normal to feel some resentment for this team right now?

We've endured a lot, suffered a lot of embarrassment, all w/out ever getting rewarded for it.

ZoneOne01 likes this

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

Don't think they've even given up a sack. Not that sacks are everything, but our OL looks leagues better than they did the last time we played the Vikings.

No they don’t....Matt has been running for his life for 2 years now

2 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Too much sense, apparently.   For the life of me I just don't get it.  You're intent on keeping this WCO system then go out and hire I guy with a completely opposite offensive identity AND don't let him at least install his system.

Looks like a total mess out there.  We have nothing to hang our hat on right now.

We only have Knapp and Morris with WCO experience.  Seems an odd mix

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

That wasn't what happened. lol

You know what man some people are just going to make asinine comments! 

8 minutes ago, SirCzah said:

Maybe, eventually, we will realize that the Vikes blitz, all of the time, every time, every year, and adjust our playcalling.

Exactly it’s not rocket science. 

SirCzah likes this

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Falcons dline is too small.. Change my mind

Scheme is our problem right now.

Quinn is out there running odd fronts, and playing our guys head up on linemen for some reason I can't figure out.  We ain't built that way and can't get off blocks.

We go back to that under front where they can use their quickness to shoot gaps, we'd be seeing something different right now.  They're just washing us right now the LOS on those zone runs.

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

This team is not gonna win if they think Free is the best RB on the team. I would've cut him after the missed block in the SB. 

Patriots would have surely done it.

I absolutely agree that missed block was the nail in the coffin. Cuz if he blocks ...that's a wide open T D to Robinson.

1 minute ago, Dirtybird56 said:

The “Rhodes is the only CB that can cover Julio” bs is going to continue until we finally have an Oline that can give Ryan a regular amount of time to pass against teams like the vikes

Hopefully Julio gets a chance to show it on a national stage in the playoffs this year 

Yep, and Rhodes should be called Holds, because that's all he's doing.

Just now, ParanoidAndroid said:

So for the fire DQ crowd, who replaces him?

Seriously, I'd like to know

At this point, anyone.

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Too much sense, apparently.   For the life of me I just don't get it.  You're intent on keeping this WCO system then go out and hire I guy with a completely opposite offensive identity AND don't let him at least install his system.

Looks like a total mess out there.  We have nothing to hang our hat on right now.

It was the first DQ decision that was troubling to me. Felt like slinging **** at the wall and hoping something stuck because he feels that seat getting hot. Just like the end of Smitty's tenure. He better hope the light flips on soon.

6 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

I was so fired up for the season and we do this.

It could be worse. We could be playing at home and have our team checked out on the season already, giving up 42 in a single half to the Ravens!

Poor Miami fans. We know what is correctable on a handful of plays going our way. At least our team isn't checked out like the Dolphins.

FalconinPA likes this