Monoxide

*** Official Falcons Vs Vikings In-Game Thread ***

3,212 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, isproab said:

I have to disagree. When is the last 50 catch season he has had? The answer is never in the NFL. That guy catches may 1 or 2 TDs a year as a primary blocker at TE. If you want a TD reception out of the #2 TE position, put Graham there. He has much better skill....yet no experience. Just saying, Stocker should never be a designed pass receiving option. He isn't built for it. Falcons have to know their own personnell. 

Its like when teams use linemen as tackle eligible receivers.

It is not uncommon for teams to use those heavy packages and running play action off of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Disagree that it's the worst ever. That 2010 game in Pittsburgh was pretty embarrassing too. They lost in OT against Dennis Dixon of all people.

At least they made it to ot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cole World said:

 

Sad thing is I watched Julio trot off the field in too many key situations. Now we start the same crap with a new OC. Something tells me it's more of an edict or mode of operation from the head coach than a true need. 

If he can't play 90% of the snaps, he doesn't deserve 66 million.... Just saying. 

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

You sound like a 2019 politician. Attack the person not the argument. Typical. 

No your argument is just trash.

Thinking that the rb is going to fumble because of the OC is strait stupidity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Yup.

Again bad decision....but they happen.

Yeah, I don't have any issues with the way the game was called today. The only time I yelled about the play calls was when we kept trying sweep tosses to the outside. Those plays just don't work in the NFL anymore because defenses are just too fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobodies playing for the 'love of the game' anymore, all about the $$ get paid and stick it to man, or the fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, isproab said:

Sad thing is I watched Julio trot off the field in too many key situations. Now we start the same crap with a new OC. Something tells me it's more of an edict or mode of operation from the head coach than a true need. 

If he can't play 90% of the snaps, he doesn't deserve 66 million.... Just saying. 

Name one WR that plays 90% of the snaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol. You cherry picking apologist. Sure man. After the whole series of offense and defense that’s the reason they lost. They lost because they were out coached, out game planned, unprepared, and not ready for the game. At all. This was an organizational failure. To say otherwise is a lie. Here the thing. Listen to Dan Quinn and Dmitroff. They’ll be saying the same thing and it will be the truth. 

Vandy and thofin21 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

By scoring a whole 9 points.

they made it to OT this game was over after the first 5 minutes. Freeman is terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep sitting out pre-season

5 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

lol. You cherry picking apologist. Sure man. After the whole series of offense and defense that’s the reason they lost. They lost because they were out coached, out game planned, unprepared, and not ready for the game. At all. This was an organizational failure. To say otherwise is a lie. Here the thing. Listen to Dan Quinn and Dmitroff. They’ll be saying the same thing and it will be the truth. 

They lost because they were unprepared, tossed around like rag dolls and schooled by the Vikes coaches. Dan Quinn is just a terrible coach any way you slice it. The Falcons org is a **** show. Some players are hungry, today we looked like we were there just to pick up a check. And it all lays on DQ's Ranbows and Butterflies style of coaching. Brotherhood my ***, the product they're putting on the field is not worth a $250 ticket.

Black Francis likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

Keep sitting out pre-season

They lost because they were unprepared, tossed around like rag dolls and schooled by the Vikes coaches. Dan Quinn is just a terrible coach any way you slice it. The Falcons org is a **** show. Some players are hungry, today we looked like we were there just to pick up a check. And it all lays on DQ's Ranbows and Butterflies style of coaching. Brotherhood my ***, the product they're putting on the field is not worth a $250 ticket.

Yep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

All excuses are made up lies. 

I think Dan Quinn spends more time coming up with buzz words for the after game pressers than he does on pre-game planning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Vandy, I remember you and I saying this back in 2015, but Mike Smith when it comes to game day coaching coaches circles around Quinn. 5 years later and Quinn is no better than he was.

Nobody likes to hear it 567, but it still It rings true today. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vandy said:

Especially the coaching staff G. Mike Zimmer and his staff embarrassed us today. We were totally outclassed in every facet of game. 

Yep. It was a beating and an overall embarrassing performance. A game so pathetic it makes even an 8-8 season look like an impossible dream for this team. I can't imagine what Arthur Blank must be feeling after watching that ****.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

The Falcons lost this game before they stepped on the field. 

 

58 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

lol. You cherry picking apologist. Sure man. After the whole series of offense and defense that’s the reason they lost. They lost because they were out coached, out game planned, unprepared, and not ready for the game. At all. This was an organizational failure. To say otherwise is a lie. Here the thing. Listen to Dan Quinn and Dmitroff. They’ll be saying the same thing and it will be the truth. 

Brutal truths.

Black Francis likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

 

Brutal truths.

 sorry Vandy but no it's pure stupidity.

The Falcons had the ball two times in scoring position...we fumbled and threw an interception.

No matter what any numbnuts has to say that is not on the offensive coordinator, head coach or anybody but the players themselves.

We had another two drives that we're positive dries but the penalties ended up derailing the drive.... I don't necessarily put the penalties on the players as much simply because those are so sprightly called by the refs.

After the first two series the Falcons adjusted at move the ball very well versus Vikings. And the Falcons had their chances they just simply did not make the most of them.

 To say that the Falcons never had a chance before they even stepped on the field is Swift level stupidity.... It seriously makes Skip Bayless sound like a Rhodes Scholar

FalconFan1st likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

 sorry Vandy but no it's pure stupidity.

The Falcons had the ball two times in scoring position...we fumbled and threw an interception.

No matter what any numbnuts has to say that is not on the offensive coordinator, head coach or anybody but the players themselves.

We had another two drives that we're positive dries but the penalties ended up derailing the drive.... I don't necessarily put the penalties on the players as much simply because those are so sprightly called by the refs.

After the first two series the Falcons adjusted at move the ball very well versus Vikings. And the Falcons had their chances they just simply did not make the most of them.

 To say that the Falcons never had a chance before they even stepped on the field is Swift level stupidity.... It seriously makes Skip Bayless sound like a Rhodes Scholar

I'm just disappointed in the defense. They let the Vikings run wild. It was embarrassing. All the talk about getting our starters back on defense and Quinn calling the defense and it was 2018 all over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

 sorry Vandy but no it's pure stupidity.

The Falcons had the ball two times in scoring position...we fumbled and threw an interception.

No matter what any numbnuts has to say that is not on the offensive coordinator, head coach or anybody but the players themselves.

We had another two drives that we're positive dries but the penalties ended up derailing the drive.... I don't necessarily put the penalties on the players as much simply because those are so sprightly called by the refs.

After the first two series the Falcons adjusted at move the ball very well versus Vikings. And the Falcons had their chances they just simply did not make the most of them.

 To say that the Falcons never had a chance before they even stepped on the field is Swift level stupidity.... It seriously makes Skip Bayless sound like a Rhodes Scholar

Gotta call bull- **** on that one, my friend.

can you honestly with a straight face say you liked the play call on that interception? If Sark was still our OC, this board would be crucifying him.

And coaching is much more than just play calls. It’s having your team ready to play. Our entire team ....offense, defense, special teams....had their azzes handed to them today. We’re too talented to be embarrassed like that. And that comes back to coaching. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm just disappointed in the defense. They let the Vikings run wild. It was embarrassing. All the talk about getting our starters back on defense and Quinn calling the defense and it was 2018 all over again.

No Doubt .. I'm not sure what the **** Quinn was thinking with some of his defensive alignments but at times it was just too easy for the vikes.

The last touchdown was ridiculous the Vikings have four blockers for three Defenders

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Gotta call bull- **** on that one, my friend.

can you honestly with a straight face say you liked the play call on that interception? If Sark was still our OC, this board would be crucifying him.

And coaching is much more than just play calls. It’s having your team ready to play. Our team ....offense, defense, special teams....had their azzes handed to them today,,

There was nothing wrong with the play call. If Ryan throws it to Hooper it's a TD. You really gonna blame Keotter for Ryan's mistake?

I agree with the other part though. Team was no prepared to play today.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

There was nothing wrong with the play call. If Ryan throws it to Hooper it's a TD. You really gonna blame Keotter for Ryan's mistake?

I agree with the other part though. Team was no prepared to play today.

Heck yeah I’m gonna blame him for throwing the ball in the red zone without our WRers in the game. 

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.