Monoxide

*** Official Falcons Vs Vikings In-Game Thread ***

3,212 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Not my first choice but he is 6'5.

And he has experience......so not the worst call 

Terrible call. Basic call. Unoriginal basic call. Easily read and easily defended. Let’s say Matt didn’t throw it. What other options did he have. He was literally under pressure and that was his only choice. That play. All or nothing and it was a whole lot of nothing from the snap. 

PokerSteve likes this

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Stupidity......more stupidity

Like our coaching staff? Am I not “cheering” hard enough. You are full of BS. 

7 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

This is stupid.

No game plan is the reason for 2 interceptions, fumble and inconsistency in penalties

The offensive philosophy the whole game was literally crap.  All of it. No consistency. No game plan. There is nothing to defend. It was easy to see. Really bad football. No excuses. Excuses are for losers. 

Chaz and isproab like this

24 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Terrible call. Basic call. Unoriginal basic call. Easily read and easily defended. Let’s say Matt didn’t throw it. What other options did he have. He was literally under pressure and that was his only choice. That play. All or nothing and it was a whole lot of nothing from the snap. 

You do realize that Ryan had hooper open right?

Ofcourse you don't

That was a bad decision by the  qb....nothing more...nothing less

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Especially the coaching staff G. Mike Zimmer and his staff embarrassed us today. We were totally outclassed in every facet of game. 

Vandy, I remember you and I saying this back in 2015, but Mike Smith when it comes to game day coaching coaches circles around Quinn. 5 years later and Quinn is no better than he was.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

You do realize that Ryan had hooper open right?

Ofcourse you don't

That was a bad decision by the  qb....nothing more...nothing less

Ok. That’s why the Falcons lost. Sure...not just the total breakdown in offensive philosophy or anything. Not at all. Just that ONE made up lie of a pivotal play. Sure man. Go ahead and sell the lie. It’s a lie though. Keep selling it to your believers. 

52 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Stocker stopped on the route that was a bad decision by Ryan...had he taken the easier throw to Hooper then we score there IMO

Go back and look at the play, Hooper wasn't open either. Ryan only had two options on the play, Hooper and Stocker and neither were open. Ryan should have thrown it out the back of the end zone. No clue why he didn't. Vikings defense had the play covered.

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, Atlwings said:

And y'all talking bout Julio better than AB,AB NEVER GOT SHUT DOWN BY RHODES,AS A MATTER  A FACT HE DESTROYED HIM

Well, I said last year Julio has lost a step, he isn't physically destroying guys and running away from them any longer. He is still a good receiver, but if he isn't going to practice and work with his QB, good luck. Spends way too much time on the sidelines. It's game one, hasn't played a meaningful snap since last year, why are Gauge and Hardy on the field and the 66 million dollar man is on the sideline? 

7 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Ok. That’s why the Falcons lost. Sure...not just the total breakdown in offensive philosophy or anything. Not at all. Just that ONE made up lie of a pivotal play. Sure man. Go ahead and sell the lie. It’s a lie though. Keep selling it to your believers. 

If you actually knew what you were talking about... I might take you seriously.....but you dont have a clue.

When a qb throws 2ints and your running back fumbles....that is not "philosophy"

That is just bad execution and that plauges the falcons more than any OC....it plagues any team when it happens.

Falconsfan567 likes this

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Go back and look at the play, Hooper wasn't open either. Ryan only had two options on the play, Hooper and Stocker and neither were open. Ryan should have thrown it out the back of the end zone. No clue why he didn't. Vikings defense had the play covered.

He had hooper early but did not pull the trigger.

By the time he saw it he tried to throw it out of the endzone....and just did not get enough.....but even then if Stocker keeps running to the back pilon that may end up being am incomplete.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

If you actually knew what you were talking about... I might take you seriously.....but you dont have a clue.

When a qb throws 2ints and your running back fumbles....that is not "philosophy"

That is just bad execution and that plauges the falcons more than any OC....it plagues any team when it happens.

If you knew what you were actually talking about you’d realize that the play calling was simplistic, dated and literally proven to be impossible to execute against savvy highly intelligent coaching staff’s and organizations that are playing in the 21st century therefore the turnovers were inevitable when the play doesn’t have a chance from the start so players...being human beings and competitors naturally force the issue against a failed design. You’re obviously not a leader in life. 

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

If you knew what you were actually talking about you’d realize that the play calling was simplistic, dated and literally proven to be impossible to execute against savvy highly intelligent coaching staff’s and organizations that are playing in the 21st century therefore the turnovers were inevitable when the play doesn’t have a chance from the start so players...being human beings and competitors naturally force the issue against a failed design. You’re obviously not a leader in life. 

Seriosuly the single stupidest post that i have ever seen here.....and I lived through the Vick75 and swift years.

53 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Not my first choice but he is 6'5.

And he has experience......so not the worst call 

I have to disagree. When is the last 50 catch season he has had? The answer is never in the NFL. That guy catches may 1 or 2 TDs a year as a primary blocker at TE. If you want a TD reception out of the #2 TE position, put Graham there. He has much better skill....yet no experience. Just saying, Stocker should never be a designed pass receiving option. He isn't built for it. Falcons have to know their own personnell. 

That was the worst opening game I've ever seen the Falcons play.. Been watching them since 1980. A Comedy of errors On Offense, Defense, Special Teams and the sidelines. Everyone was to blame, but Dan Quinn deserves most of it.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

He had hooper early but did not pull the trigger.

By the time he saw it he tried to throw it out of the endzone....and just did not get enough.....but even then if Stocker keeps running to the back pilon that may end up being am incomplete.

You're right. I just went back and looked at it again and Hooper was open straight off the snap because the linebacker was late reacting and getting over and if Ryan throws it immediately it's a touchdown. As big and as strong as Hooper is, if he still throws it to him Hooper would have probably been able to muscle his way in the way Tony G used to down close.

PokerSteve likes this

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

You're right. I just went back and looked at it again and Hooper was open straight off the snap because the linebacker was late reacting and getting over and if Ryan throws it immediately it's a touchdown. As big and as strong as Hooper is, if he still throws it to him Hooper would have probably been able to muscle his way in the way Tony G used to down close.

Yup.

Again bad decision....but they happen.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Seriosuly the single stupidest post that i have ever seen here.....and I lived through the Vick75 and swift years.

You sound like a 2019 politician. Attack the person not the argument. Typical. 

Just now, Nobis_Ghost said:

That was the worst opening game I've ever seen the Falcons play.. Been watching them since 1980. A Comedy of errors On Offense, Defense, Special Teams and the sidelines. Everyone was to blame, but Dan Quinn deserves most of it.

Disagree that it's the worst ever. That 2010 game in Pittsburgh was pretty embarrassing too. They lost in OT against Dennis Dixon of all people.