Monoxide

*** Official Falcons Vs Vikings In-Game Thread ***

3,212 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

So? He’s done this for years and it doesn’t get fixed. I think we are just a bad team. Undisciplined....lack of focus. 

lol dude hasn't been turnover prone. Are you drunk or high?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do people really think game one of 2016 and game one of this year are that comparable?  I remember being at the first game in 2016, we lost but we didn’t look completely lost like they did today.  It’s  like they got a bunch of random dudes together and said okay, this is your team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I thought DK did a good job in adjusting the offense when it was clear that the inital plan did not work.

The falcons had 2 drives in the vikings redzone and turned the ball over twice.

Garbage points. 

Our offense looked completely out-of-synch. Minny D had a lot to do with that, as did our new OL who will need a few games to gel. But I never understood the koetter hire to come in and run shannahan’s offense. 

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

No quick plays to offset the rush. Slants. Get guys in space. What an antiquated offense. Terrible. No in game changes. Nothing. 

No excuse for that when you have Ridley and Julio that can go for huge chunks on a simple slant.  We barely ran any crossing routes which Ridley also excels at.

My stream was garbage, but I may have to renew gamepass to take a look at the route concepts.  It seemed like many were the typical long developing deep routes.  I wish we would simply attack all levels.  We have the players to create mismatches on every level but it just isnt happening.

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Do people really think game one of 2016 and game one of this year are that comparable?  I remember being at the first game in 2016, we lost but we didn’t look completely lost like they did today.  It’s  like they got a bunch of random dudes together and said okay, this is your team.

Yes it felt the same to me. Only difference was the turn overes today. Protect the ball from those mental errors and.... we still would have lost, but would have been in the game. So yes, felt about the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Garbage points. 

Our offense looked completely out-of-synch. Minny D had a lot to do with that, as did our new OL who will need a few games to gel. But I never understood the koetter hire to come in and run shannahan’s offense. 

Not talking about the scoring drives.....I am talking about the 2 other would be scoring drives that ended up not being scoring drives.

We were in scoring position both times.

Once we started getting no huddle we moved the ball pretty well....the turnovers were the real difference

Vandy, Schwarzwald and Drew4719 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

No quick plays to offset the rush. Slants. Get guys in space. What an antiquated offense. Terrible. No in game changes. Nothing. 

We litterally did only quick plays after the first 2 drives.

It is one reason that we were only getting 5 or 6 yards a pass...everything was short and quick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

No excuse for that when you have Ridley and Julio that can go for huge chunks on a simple slant.  We barely ran any crossing routes which Ridley also excels at.

My stream was garbage, but I may have to renew gamepass to take a look at the route concepts.  It seemed like many were the typical long developing deep routes.  I wish we would simply attack all levels.  We have the players to create mismatches on every level but it just isnt happening.

Early on that was true but we went to much quicker passes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Once is an aberration.  If we see it again next week, then real trouble.

Yeah, as bad it looked, they can look just as good next week. Make me feel better about the team if they do.

Schwarzwald and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Stocker stopped on the route that was a bad decision by Ryan...had he taken the easier throw to Hooper then we score there IMO

Post game Ryan said he was trying to throw it away but didn't get enough on it. 

Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NWFALCON said:

Post game Ryan said he was trying to throw it away but didn't get enough on it. 

Yeah....i can buy that but he had hoope....bad decision either way IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, falconsd56 said:

Yeah....i can buy that but he had hoope....bad decision either way IMO

Yep, he admitted both INT's were bad decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Stocker stopped on the route that was a bad decision by Ryan...had he taken the easier throw to Hooper then we score there IMO

Why is Stocker in any route? We’re they trying to trick them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

Why is Stocker in any route? We’re they trying to trick them? 

Not my first choice but he is 6'5.

And he has experience......so not the worst call 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Black Francis said:

Old 4 vertical offense without a real back to run a real play action. Long developing plays while Matt eats it. 

Litterally not what happened at all

capitan and falconidae like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, falconsd56 said:

This is stupid.

No game plan is the reason for 2 interceptions, fumble and inconsistency in penalties

Lies. More lies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.