Monoxide

*** Official Falcons Vs Vikings In-Game Thread ***

3,212 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

This team needs more reps not less.

I don't disagree with that. That's what i always say, practice and preseason games do matter, and it showed today. Look how many of our main players never really played and alot didn't even really practice this off-season. The oline has hardly played together. 

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Yup.

There were alot of mistakes that are fixable.

Will they get fixed? Who knows but it is fixable.

Both on offense and defense

I have very little hope that it will get fixed. Dan Quinn hasn't proven he can get the players to clean up sloppy mistakes. HeIl, Quinn hasn't even proven that he can clean up his own mistakes.

rounz likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes, the Vikings had good field position several times, but that doesn't excuse the defense getting owned. Guys not keep containment and letting the Vikings run outside several times all game. You look at the way the Falcons defense played the outside runs versus the way the Vikings played the outside runs and one team was disciplined and well coached and the other was not.

Like I said, there was sloppy play to go around, but it's too soon to through in the towel IMO.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Yep.

Win the Turnover Battle and stop the run on Defense?

We win this game.

Exactly. Though those are both things the team was committed to doing this year. Communication was bad out there.

PokerSteve and Schwarzwald like this

8 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

We dont stand chance with our own division honestly.

Actually, with our schedule being so division-oriented at the end, the NFL is setting up for division to possibly be a bunch of mediocre teams this year that fight it out to the last week of the season?  And, don't forget the NFL will want the Thanksgiving game to be popular across the US.

4 minutes ago, Rise said:

Stocker is a blocker. Run-over The Vikings....That pass was a corner fade rote with a blocking TE (who knows Dirk's offense from his time in Tampa,).

.....and he ran the wrong route..lol

The Falcons had to run-the-ball well and more often inside in order to deceive The Vikings defense near the goal.

Stocker is a TE. He's a receiving target like Hooper and he was moving in the direction that Matt was throwing but cut short.

If this wasn't the case matt would have never thrown the ball the way he did.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The problem is coaching. That's the problem!! Team was so unprepared to play today. I don't know why the Falcons always start the season like this under Dan Quinn. I don't understand why this team always looks like they've never played football together before. The only good news is that in week 2 games under Dan Quinn the Falcons are undefeated.

Falcons began Quinn's first season 6-0 in 2015.

Maybe, because Shanahan did not give-and-take on the run though and Grady was a UT, and they had a big NT next to him.

Ryan was still having problems passing early though

Practice! Be hit in practice too! Get use to it!

Get better.

That give-up lob pass INT to Julio was a bail-out 

Just heard DQ interview on radio. He sounded so disappointed in losing the TO battle so hard and getting us out of our run offense and with how poorly the run defense played.

He sounded very short and deflated.

He gotta take that frustration out on coaching these boys up man.

PokerSteve likes this

2 minutes ago, Rise said:

Falcons began Quinn's first season 6-0 in 2015.

Maybe, because Shanahan did not give-and-take on the run though and Grady was a UT, and they had a big NT next to him.

Ryan was still having problems passing early though

Practice! Be hit in practice too! Get use to it!

Get better.

That give-up lob pass INT to Julio was a bail-out 

Yes, they started 2015 5-0 but if you remember the season opener, they barely won it and tried their best to not win it because of lots of dumbassness in the 2nd against the Eagles. They were winning games that year to start the season but were hardly playing well. They had the miracle Alford interception in OT to beat the Redskins. There was the 10-7 "win" over the Titans. The Giants game they won on a last second score. Cowboys game where they were blown out in the 1st half and then somehow miraculously won in the 2nd half.

21 minutes ago, jidady said:

We've had a bad month, so this one didn't even bother me. I had to laugh at the backbreaker play, though. We were in a prevent defense, yet they had two different receivers wide open. It looks like Pruitt can't run a defense unless it's all five-star recruits.

You gotta believe they will turn it around 

Schwarzwald likes this

13 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

@Vandy - wasn’t impressed with Freeman.   Gonna have to do more if he wants his 2020 salary from Arthur.

If you’re really basing that brilliant observation Off this one game, I hope you weren’t “impressed” with anyone. It was a total bomb by entire team. 

Drew4719 likes this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

If you’re really basing that brilliant observation Off this one game, I hope you weren’t “impressed” with anyone. It was a total bomb by entire team. 

Yes it was

I was impressed with Grady.

Schwarzwald and Drew4719 like this

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yes they did.  I expected the mismatch between their DLine and our OLine

Didn’t expect Vikings to run it down our throats on the edges like that.

Ugh. Hope that ugly frog was the worst we see all season.  If not, Quinn and a host of others join freeman in seeking a new team next year. 

40 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Ugh. A double whammy. I was watching that game. UT had that thing won!

Which one?  It was fun seeing Georgia State get all up in that booty!

And y'all talking bout Julio better than AB,AB NEVER GOT SHUT DOWN BY RHODES,AS A MATTER  A FACT HE DESTROYED HIM

Did anyone else notice when they were highlighting the Julio/Rhodes matchup and bragging about Rhodes coverage that he was holding his jersey on every single play they showed?

Just now, g-dawg said:

Did anyone else notice when they were highlighting the Julio/Rhodes matchup and bragging about Rhodes coverage that he was holding his jersey on every single play they showed?

Bro Rhodes always shuts Julio Jones down see last time we played the bikes,AB DESTROYED DUDE THO

Just now, Vandy said:

Back to freeman, he sure looked tentative.  

Yes he did.  I hope I am wrong but he is basically two years removed from being a dominant back - hope he shows out rest of the way but I am skeptical.

54 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Considering that I have barley posted in TATF this offseason....

Bringing that up DOES make you clueless

barley-in-a-bowl.jpg