Monoxide

*** Official Falcons Vs Vikings In-Game Thread ***

3,212 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

This game was so far worse than that one because at least in that one the offense was good. Can't even come close to saying that about today.

This game wouldn't have gotten out of hand if it weren't for fumbles, missed assignments and terrible officiating.

Free doesn't drop the ball, and Stocker doesn't quit on his route and we could have had 2 scores right there. These things can be fixed. It's not the end of the world.

SoldMySoul likes this

I dont want to see people on here saying that we're  better than the Saints...I've  been arguing with folks all summer about Dirk kotter being hired and not paying alford...This team isn't  going anywhere anytime soon.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Exactly.

Our first 8 Drives on offense?

Negative results. 3 Turnovers by the Offense and 4th "turnover" was STs failing after offense sucked first drive.

We can't have 8 straight negative drives to start the game.

Kirk Cousins literally just dropped a football and nothing bad happened to him. That sums up the entire game pretty well.

Schwarzwald likes this

I nearly forgot just how clueless about 75% of the board is.

Rough games like today bring out the the absolute worst of the stupidity that this place can bring.

Just now, mattyicefalcon said:

And they always had defense now prolific offense.

And let's not forget to mention how many games in preseason that Baltimore has won over the last few years - sort of like they come into seasons well-prepared?

5 minutes ago, Precyse said:

Falcons, redskins losing is almost the same if not the same as losing a game on the last play

No the Skins played like the old Falcons blowing it in the second half.  Falcons have perfected blowing it starting in the first quarter.  But hey, we can continue our pre season play into regular season and carry on evaluating. 

Edited by Realsurfin
Spelling

Just now, Precyse said:

Falcons 

5 minutes ago, rounz said:

:lol:

5 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

They gone regret passing up Williams to give that job to a dude no one would even hire as an offensive coordinator just cuz Baker liked him.

"Humble Yourself" will stare at his head coach, and they may turn it around.

Falcons loss to them last season.

4 minutes ago, Mescalito said:

Of course Ryan is gonna stay out there.  The coach shouldn't allow it in my opinion...

I got ya, I didn't like him taking more unnecessary hits either. I agree with ya. Let Schaub earn a little of his money.  Quinn may have wanted him to sit, Schaub was warming, so they definitely had that in mind. I just think it's probably one of those times when Ryan said he was going back out there and Quinn figured it wasn't a good time to be trying to show his authority with Ryan. Matt had a rough day and you could tell he was pissed. You know Matt wanted those live snaps.

1 minute ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

This game wouldn't have gotten out of hand if it weren't for fumbles, missed assignments and terrible officiating.

Free doesn't drop the ball, and Stocker doesn't quit on his route and we could have had 2 scores right there. These things can be fixed. It's not the end of the world.

I agree with that boom! After it got so far out of hand, they simply gave up.

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

2 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

And they always had defense now prolific offense.

Dangerous team. We wouldn't stand a chance against them. I think the eagles are going to put a hurting on us. 

PokerSteve likes this

Just now, THEHEADCOACH said:

I got ya, I didn't like him taking more unnecessary hits either. I agree with ya. Let Schaub earn a little of his money.  Quinn may have wanted him to sit, Schaub was warming, so they definitely had that in mind. I just think it's probably one of those times when Ryan said he was going back out there and Quinn figured it wasn't a good time to be trying to show his authority with Ryan. Matt had a rough day and you could tell he was pissed. You know Matt wanted those live snaps.

This team needs more reps not less.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

You don’t trade your all pro OG. Mayfield had cleanest pocket last year. He was running for his life.

I missed that one. They traded linemen too? Yikes.

6 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

You must not have been watching for very long because last year alone was full of crappy games like this. Mistakes, bad protection, wrong routes. There is no team minus the Pats that don't have several bad games throughout the season.

The Eagles and any other team can lay an egg at any point. Judging our season by the 1st Game isn't feasible in football.

I dunno...that first half was about as bad as it gets. At least last year we at least could say we had a lot of injuries...but this was us at full strength and made even worse by it being the first game...where you would think they would be really pumped up. Instead they had zero energy and I didnt see a lick of positive emotion. 

Edited by diehardfalconsfan

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Rough games like today bring out the the absolute worst of the stupidity that this place can bring.

It's important to remember that many of the negative posts are from fans of other teams pretending to like the Falcons. And most of the others are several drinks in after a pretty miserable three hours. I've watched people rant about Jake Matthews and Desmond Trufant, two of our best draft picks ever. It's that kind of day.

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

All because you post a gazzillian posts a week does not make "us" clueless.

16 minutes ago, jidady said:

I'm annoyed by so much today, but it's the math that's irritating me right now. We had no business going for two on either play. That's two points we just gave away. 

Saving Bryant who is on a Kick count... :ninja:

jidady and PokerSteve like this

4 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Officiating had nothing to do with the offense getting owned. And I'm sorry, but the turnovers are a part of the equation. We can't just take those out. The offense looked horrendous. We couldn't run the ball and Matt was under great pressure all game. Completely new OL and looked just as terrible as last year.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

1 minute ago, Realsurfin said:

No the Skins played like the old Falcons blowing it in the second half.  Falcons have perfected blowing it starting in the first quarter.  But he we can continue our pre season play into regular season and carry on evaluating. 

Or days and practices off

The Offense will watch film of this game over-and-over, and still start slow and timid against The Eagles in the Dome.

This team will be moved to London after this dome turns 20 

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I'm confident we'll bounce back. D actually played decently and some of the penalties were 'questionable' to say the least. Offense could have easily had 2 more scores without the fumble and the TE giving up on his route.

We can get it together.

Drew4719, falconsd56 and VTCrunkler like this

25 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Jake Matthews gets a pass around here and I'm not sure why. He's always been VERY middling.

That's not true. He's had some bad games but overall his play has been very good the last few years. He was VERY good last year.

This game? Terrible.

falconsd56 likes this