Monoxide

*** Official Falcons Vs Vikings In-Game Thread ***

3,212 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

I'm annoyed by so much today, but it's the math that's irritating me right now. We had no business going for two on either play. That's two points we just gave away. 

They did the same thing in pre season.  They have a hard enough time getting 6 let alone a deuce.  Quinn is not that great a coach.  There I said it.  

TOTAL NET YARDS 345 269
Total Plays 67 49
Avg Gain 5.1 5.5
NET YARDS RUSHING       73 172
Rush Attempts 17 38
Avg Rush Yards 4.3 4.5
NET YARDS PASSING 272 97
Comp. - Att. 33-46  8-10
Yards Per Pass 5.9 9.7
Sacked - Yards Lost 4-32 1-1

Difference is 3 Turnovers by Falcons. 0 by Vikings.

1 blocked punt to give them ball at our 30 for their first possession.

Clean up the TOs and we have a shot.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

3 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Guess you forgot how bad we looked game 1 in 2016.

One game is not the end of the season

This game was so far worse than that one because at least in that one the offense was good. Can't even come close to saying that about today.

SoldMySoul likes this

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Would you rather be the Falcons or Redskins? Get blown out straight out the gate or play great in the 1st half and blow a big lead in the 2nd half?

Falcons, redskins losing is almost the same if not the same as losing a game on the last play

Edited by Precyse

The Vikings are So over-rated...Opportunity to excite fans for the game next week. There will be more Eagles fans in the Dome.

Must-win against another aggressive team (Eagles) that actually makes aggressive play-calling.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzz

Earn your money. Do your job. 

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:
TOTAL NET YARDS 345 269
Total Plays 67 49
Avg Gain 5.1 5.5
NET YARDS RUSHING       73 172
Rush Attempts 17 38
Avg Rush Yards 4.3 4.5
NET YARDS PASSING 272 97
Comp. - Att. 33-46  8-10
Yards Per Pass 5.9 9.7
Sacked - Yards Lost 4-32 1-1

Difference is 3 Turnovers by Falcons. 0 by Vikings.

1 blocked punt to give them ball at our 20 for their first possession.

Clean up the TOs and we have a shot.

Blocked punt should be counted as a turnover too, so really it was 4 turnovers. Not gonna beat anyone when you lose the turnover battle 4-0 and can't stop the opponent from running the ball.

Drew4719 and Schwarzwald like this

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

This game was so far worse than that one because at least in that one the offense was good. Can't even come close to saying that about today.

I exude disappointment!!! So many problem areas.

3 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

They gone regret passing up Williams to give that job to a dude no one would even hire as an offensive coordinator just cuz Baker liked him.

Especially since Williams was ready to keep Kitchens on as OC. There was no reason not to keep Williams.

Just now, SoldMySoul said:

This game was the worst I have seen a minute. Our two scores were basically give me. Cousins threw for 100 yards.

Don’t get it twisted, I am not optimistic . 

You must not have been watching for very long because last year alone was full of crappy games like this. Mistakes, bad protection, wrong routes. There is no team minus the Pats that don't have several bad games throughout the season.

The Eagles and any other team can lay an egg at any point. Judging our season by the 1st Game isn't feasible in football.

falconidae, capitan and Drew4719 like this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Blocked punt should be counted as a turnover too, so really it was 4 turnovers. Not gonna beat anyone when you lose the turnover battle 4-0 and can't stop the opponent from running the ball.

Exactly.

Our first 8 Drives on offense?

Negative results. 3 Turnovers by the Offense and 4th "turnover" was STs failing after offense sucked first drive.

We can't have 8 straight negative drives to start the game.

MIN after the first 2 short-field TDs off those turnovers?

2 TDs in 7 drives.

That is manageable if our offense shows up.

falconsd56 likes this

6 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

We ran our Vanilla offense today...don't want to show the Eagles what we have next week....:flush::lol:

Hahahaha 

We had Vanilla ice cream watching this clown show

1 minute ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

You must not have been watching for very long because last year alone was full of crappy games like this. Mistakes, bad protection, wrong routes. There is no team minus the Pats that don't have several bad games throughout the season.

The Eagles and any other team can lay an egg at any point. Judging our season by the 1st Game isn't feasible in football.

I can’t watch all the games because of the Taints. I caught a handful last year.