Julio’s March Into History

FalconsIn2012

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I really think we’ll have more balance offense than that. Signing FB Smith and drafting the hosses for OL confirm that.

So many weapons... Ridley, Hooper, sanu, Freeman to go with Julio....

Teams won’t be able to triple-cover him, which I think will increase his TDs. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him have less yards but a lot more (15 or so) TDs....

If we are 59-39 pass/run ratio, it will be a special season.  If we get pass happy, it limits our offensive weapons 

7 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I kind of agree if it looks like 2015.  But if it looks more like 2016, where he got 1500 yards on 84 catches, it’s possible.  You don’t want to force the ball to him...but if we are balanced in the run game and PA is effective, Julio could have massive YPC.

@TheFatboi kind of changed my mind and made me see Julio could set the record without being force fed the football

Yea it would have to be less catches but higher yardage. 4 catches for 180 yard type games. But for that to happen he and Matt would have to hit at least 2 big 60+ yard plays a game or Julio will have to take a couple wr screens the distance per game. Lotta yac in other words per catch for it to be possible without having 500 catches lol. 

Just now, TheFatboi said:

Yea it would have to be less catches but higher yardage. 4 catches for 180 yard type games. But for that to happen he and Matt would have to hit at least 2 big 60+ yard plays a game or Julio will have to take a couple wr screens the distance per game. Lotta yac in other words per catch for it to be possible without having 500 catches lol. 

Tecmo bowl Level play!

11 hours ago, octoslash said:

If Julio sets any receiving record to the extent of 2000 yds,  the Falcons overall will not be all that good and will probably have a losing record.

Think about it.  One guy doing that kind of stuff usually means there are tons of weaknesses elsewhere. 

OJ ran for 2000 and his team blew donkeys.  And he was so upset he sliced off his wife's head.

Not really. Like I just said you can have 4 catches for 180 yards. For instance in one game it could be 

Julio 5 catches 200 yards 1 TD 

sanu 4 catches 40 yards

ridley 6 catches 62 yards 1 TD 

hooper 4 catches 34 yards 1 TD 

freeman 3 catches 38 yards 

gage 2 catches 24 yards 

hardy 1 catch 16 yards 

Ryan 25-32 for 414 and 3 TD’s 

23 minutes ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

I've been going to games since I was 7. Terrel Owns was a great receiver, but he is going to be surpassed by Jones in short order. 

I hope so. But I thought you were talking about their physicality/size/stature? Julio/Terrell are eerily similar players in every aspect except personality/character. 

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I hope so. But I thought you were talking about their size/stature? Julio/Terrell are eerily similar players in every aspect except personality/character. 

My point was it's rare for a large WR to go 15+ seasons, not impossible. And Jones is a very physical WR unlike any other I have ever seen. He will put his body on the line to save an interception, or two in a single game: I sit 13 rows up from where this hit happened, the video doesn't do it justice, you could hear it.

Edited by Nobis_Ghost