Julio’s March Into History

FalconsIn2012

giphy.gif

Xavier Rhodes better wear his big boy pants, cause Julio is starting his March Into History tomorrow.

10 catches, 206 yards & 2 TD’s.

Julio Jones Wants 3,000 Yards ... This Season

CHARLOTTE CARROLL 
July 24, 2019

Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones is coming off a foot injury, but that hasn't stopped him from setting some insane goals for the upcoming 2019 season. 

"I’m not ever going to lie to you, I’m going crazy this year," Jones told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Wednesday. "I’m going crazy. I’ve been doing everything that I need to do. I’m taking care of my body. Physically and mentally, I’ll be ready to go."

When asked if he was thinking like 2,000 yards crazy, Jones was thinking bigger.

"Well, I’m not a prediction-type guy, but I might mess around and go three [thousand], you know what I’m talking about," Jones said.

Last year, Jones had 1,677 receiving yards. He set a franchise record in 2015 with 136 catches and 1,871 receiving yards.

Now 2,000 yards isn't so crazy but it's difficult— the league record is 1,964 yards, which was set by the Lions' Calvin Johnson during the 2012 season. 

3,000? Now, Julio, we don't know what you're talking about. 

2 minutes ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

The thing is Julio doesn't want 3000 yards and 20 TDs, he wants to win. He is driven to suceed and he does that by helping his TEAM wiin games. He's not selfish, doesn't seek the limelight, he just wants to help his TEAM win. And he wants a ring.

I agree.  But it was unlike him to make such a prediction.  He will set the NFL receiving record this year.

The thing is Julio doesn't want 3000 yards and 20 TDs, he wants to win. He is driven to suceed and he does that by helping his TEAM wiin games. He's not selfish, doesn't seek the limelight, he just wants to help his TEAM win. And he wants a ring.

7 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I agree.  But it was unlike him to make such a prediction.  He will set the NFL receiving record this year.

I'm sure it was taken out of context or he was ribbing the reporter, 3000 is not doable.

ALL TIME NFL Receiving Yards Single-Season Leaders

1 Calvin Johnson (26) 1,964  2012 DET
2 Julio Jones (26) 1,871  2015 ATL
3 Jerry Rice+ (32) 1,848  1995 SFO
4 Antonio Brown (27) 1,834  2015 PIT
5 Isaac Bruce (22) 1,781  1995 STL
Edited by Nobis_Ghost

16 minutes ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

I'm sure it was taken out of context or he was ribbing the reporter, 3000 is not doable.

ALL TIME NFL Receiving Yards Single-Season Leaders

1 Calvin Johnson (26) 1,964  2012 DET
2 Julio Jones (26) 1,871  2015 ATL
3 Jerry Rice+ (32) 1,848  1995 SFO
4 Antonio Brown (27) 1,834  2015 PIT
5 Isaac Bruce (22) 1,781  1995 STL

I think 2,200 is very doable

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

I think 2,200 is very doable

It's tough for Julio, I'm a STH and If you watch the way they cover him 2, 3 guys every single time you have to give him props for being #2. He is too good to go 2200, sounds crazy but that is a fact. Ridley was swooping TDs up on all the dudes that are needed to contain JJ. I hope he goes for over 2000 just so he's #1 but like Julio, I just want a ring.

If Julio sets any receiving record to the extent of 2000 yds,  the Falcons overall will not be all that good and will probably have a losing record.

Think about it.  One guy doing that kind of stuff usually means there are tons of weaknesses elsewhere. 

OJ ran for 2000 and his team blew donkeys.  And he was so upset he sliced off his wife's head.

Just now, octoslash said:

If Julio sets any receiving record to the extent of 2000 yds,  the Falcons overall will not be all that good and will probably have a losing record.

Think about it.  One guy doing that kind of stuff usually means there are tons of weaknesses elsewhere. 

OJ ran for 2000 and his team blew donkeys.  And he was so upset he sliced off his wife's head.

I think he will have a big year but I agree that there is too much offensive talent for him to have to get that much yardage. 

Not to mention how much better the run game should be this year

8 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

Julio is the type of guy who will go out and earn that big check

I don't think it's the offense talent that''s taking throws away from Julio, he IS the offensive talent. He draws attention to open up the other guys. I'll say Sanu and Tevin Coleman (watch what he does as a #1 for SF) were our only other weapons last year.  Ridley benefited from Julio getting double and triple covered on every route he ran that wasn't zone and opening up Cal.

14 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Not if it’s all YAC. 

13 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Not if it’s all YAC. 

He's 3rd all time in YAC, even if he was #1 it's not enough, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, he's not getting any younger .All time recieving yards he's half way to #1 Jerry Rice's 22,895 in 19 seasons and he's on track to surpass it much sooner than Rice did. Julio is currenlty #39 with 10,785 in 8 seasons.

Edited by Nobis_Ghost

8 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Julio's not getting any younger, but y'all will see how him working out with TO during the offseasons will pay a big dividend.

He's a beast no question, it's hard to be great and it's harder to be good. Once he slows down he will have to rely on his near perfect route running and just knowledge of the game. His size will be a problem because he's huge and WRs his size going  15+ seasons is uncharted territory.

Edited by Nobis_Ghost

31 minutes ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

He's a beast no question, it's hard to be great and it's harder to be good. Once he slows down he will have to rely on his near perfect route running and just knowledge of the game. His size will be a problem because he's huge and WRs his size going  15+ seasons is uncharted territory.

TO is basically the exact same size and was still able to play in the NFL well into his 30's until he was pretty much kicked out of the league for burning too many bridges.

Fitz is not that far off from Julio in size(same height, but maybe 5 or so pounds lighter) and look at what he has done.

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

If he does, that’s not a good sign for our season. 

I kind of agree if it looks like 2015.  But if it looks more like 2016, where he got 1500 yards on 84 catches, it’s possible.  You don’t want to force the ball to him...but if we are balanced in the run game and PA is effective, Julio could have massive YPC.

@TheFatboi kind of changed my mind and made me see Julio could set the record without being force fed the football

7 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think not. Lol

9 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

I think its going to take 3-6 weeks for them to fully gel. 

10 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

TO is basically the exact same size and was still able to play in the NFL well into his 30's until he was pretty much kicked out of the league for burning too many bridges.

Fitz is not that far off from Julio in size(same height, but maybe 5 or so pounds lighter) and look at what he has done.

Terrel Owns is not Julio Jones, ask any player that's been hit by Julio. He's solid, like hitting a brick wall. Ask Jeff Heath. I've seen Julio Stand next to linbackers and make them look small.

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I kind of agree if it looks like 2015.  But if it looks more like 2016, where he got 1500 yards on 84 catches, it’s possible.  You don’t want to force the ball to him...but if we are balanced in the run game and PA is effective, Julio could have massive YPC.

@TheFatboi kind of changed my mind and made me see Julio could set the record without being force fed the football

I really think we’ll have more balance offense than that. Signing FB Smith and drafting the hosses for OL confirm that.

So many weapons... Ridley, Hooper, sanu, Freeman to go with Julio....

Teams won’t be able to triple-cover him, which I think will increase his TDs. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him have less yards but a lot more (15 or so) TDs....