roguebeaver

Stupid NE Cheetriots!

200 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

We didn’t draft Julio organically.   If he was our slotted pick that’s different.  But trading up for him was costly.  

I would still do the trade tomorrow...but the way the Patriots acquired Moss/AB is ideal.  Your team is built, the cost is below market value and the players are simply icing on the cake.

Moss and AB to Pats are outliers as their cost is a reflection of more than just being able to sign someone at a cheaper rate.

The Pats are outliers in of themselves.

Falcons have long since recovered from the cost to move up. Which, btw, was a shot at a SB when we had a window with Tony G and Michael Turner.

Our draft in 2012 ended it too quickly with the misses on Holmes and Konz. It's not about where you pick but who you pick. That entire draft class was bad and even if you consider those OL picks and the early drafting of Bradie Ewing bad, there could've been better picks made.

I don't get that vibe now at all and Julio is one of the main reasons we've made playoff runs since acquiring him; despite the turnover at HC causing the drop from '13-'15 which of course that includes his IR season.

If you get a chance to acquire a HoF caliber talent and it's a sure thing, plus your roster is close to a title? You do it. Just because it doesn't work out doesn't make it a bad decision.

Pats have long since been a stable franchise with multiple titles before TD era began in Atlanta after the Vick-Petrino debacle.

That matters when gauging the ability to reach stability in all areas to be able to do what the Patriots are doing with a machine built and Belichick pulling all the strings. They also seem to always be able to put together a good OL. This year may be a challenge with them trading 3 times just before the season for OL, but their coach up there is a guru in his own right.

I just don't see the point in comparing the two players due to the means of acquiring them being so rare.

AB had to get himself booted from TWO TEAMS in less than a year before he went to Pats. You can't use that as an example of team building. Not every stable franchise risks this either.

3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I guess AB doing this to his feet was part of his genius plan:

dftmbesal6sqywcn17yg.jpg

185FE6CF-9EFE-43B1-9EA0-DA9DF147922A.jpeg.2d019ae87b1c06f35a9d20292d095525.jpeg

AB's plan is looking more and more genius. Saw footage of him running routes in OAK last week. Looked to me like he is ready to give the NFL the business. He's a Patriot tonight folks. Billy is bad to the bone. Trust me.

Dimi would've never made that move. But he did sign up to get Julio to the $142M plateau today. After calling Billy for advice on the 2011 Julio trade buddy still has zero Lombardies eight years later. Alrighty then. Troffed.

vitaman likes this

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Really hope this bites the Patriots in the *** and he's the end of the Patriots as we know them.

You salty bro. Can't hate on Billy Check's new WR crew:

• Antonio Brown
  • Julian Edelman
  • Demaryius Thomas
  • Josh Gordon
  • Phillip Dorsett
  • Would have had N'Keal Harry had he not gone on IR

Buddy's seen a new area to exploit. NFL secondaries. Here's hoping Tru and Ollie never see them.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You salty bro. Can't hate on Billy Check's new WR crew:

• Antonio Brown
  • Julian Edelman
  • Demaryius Thomas
  • Josh Gordon
  • Phillip Dorsett
  • Would have had N'Keal Harry had he not gone on IR

Buddy's seen a new area to exploit. NFL secondaries. Here's hoping Tru and Ollie never see them.

Those guys aren't "shiny hood ornaments?" Funny how Bill loads up on WR's and you praise him for it but hate TD for doing it. Hypocrite much?

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

We didn’t draft Julio organically.   If he was our slotted pick that’s different.  But trading up for him was costly.  

I would still do the trade tomorrow...but the way the Patriots acquired Moss/AB is ideal.  Your team is built, the cost is below market value and the players are simply icing on the cake.

NFL isn’t vegan. Falcons should have had two SB by now. Julio is a big part of those runs. Now 2013 and 2014 was more miscalculation on when to replace veterans and changing defensive philosophy too fast. They almost made one year too soon mistake of 2013 this off season but corrected in time. Look at those teams who stock pile picks every year, stay in bottom for most of the years.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Brown has been acting like a compete idiot since signing with the raiders. Now what? He all of the sudden acts mature with Patriots ? I see some ####### going on 

36 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

AB's plan is looking more and more genius. Saw footage of him running routes in OAK last week. Looked to me like he is ready to give the NFL the business. He's a Patriot tonight folks. Billy is bad to the bone. Trust me.

Dimi would've never made that move. But he did sign up to get Julio to the $142M plateau today. After calling Billy for advice on the 2011 Julio trade buddy still has zero Lombardies eight years later. Alrighty then. Troffed.

2A45F05D-66FE-471E-96BA-7302A7741CD1.jpeg.c1c4a2715f27a10913df51c3d060c199.jpeg

2 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

I don't think it was a bad move at all to cut him. They paid him zero dollars

Waste of draft picks

6 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

How does this disprove his mental instability?

You seem to like the crazy tho. Talking like you know it well.

Anything for that ego trip to put Falcons down after keeping Julio through 2023 today right?

TD has done W O R K this offseason and you compare it to what AB just did to get himself in position to even be on the Pats?2A45F05D-66FE-471E-96BA-7302A7741CD1.jpeg.c1c4a2715f27a10913df51c3d060c199.jpeg

When he gets on the field I think his mental stability will be sound.

I just hope Isaiah Oliver aint got to cover him.

4 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Lot of conspiracy theorists in here

Yeah bro. I'm thinkin the Raiders cut dude this morning and Rosenhaus called Billy who said hail yeah, send me a contract that will work. I'm trying to go aerial and exploit these weak secondaries this year. Yeah pretty sure that's how it went down.

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

In other words, build your engine, then put the shiny hood ornament on it.

5 hours ago, pzummo said:

Guaranteed there was tampering and negotiations prior to him going after Mayock the way he did. Patriots put their 1st round WR on IR 5 days ago and “coincidentally” AB loses his **** and calls the team GM a cracker a couple of days later. Then after all this drama with the helmet and how unprofessional he has acted, the Patriots are confident enough to give him $9m in guarantees with $15m for the season within hours of his release.

AB isn’t crazy, suffering from CTE, or depression. Guaranteed he knew where he was landing and for how much if he could get the Raiders to release him.

And for what it’s worth, the Raiders were fools for releasing him. Fine, suspend, bench. Mayock just told every player they can be released of their contract if they cry enough about it. That was really stupid. There’s a reason teams like the Steelers and Pats don’t budge. This set a precedent. Mayock is done for.

Well they had to release him to be completely off the hook for his salary. The Raiders were in a tough spot, AB would have continued being a distraction, he might have faked injuries, he might have not tried during games, etc.

9 hours ago, caponine said:

Now that I think about it , he may have done this on purpose. Man listen Patriots haven't had this type of receiver since Moss. Just when you thought the patriots were going away 

I never thought that at all. It'd be nice though.

On paper, the Pats have a strong WR group. But Thomas is coming off a serious injury, Josh Gordon could do well or get suspended again, while AB could go either way at this point. Their strength could become a weakness very quickly. Have to wait and see. Surprised that AB got 9m signing bonus. Surely no one else was bidding that? 

6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

When he gets on the field I think his mental stability will be sound.

I just hope Isaiah Oliver aint got to cover him.

Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will knock them off. Unlikely but not impossible. 

12 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Why?  They’ve only used 162 million in CAP this year.  They have plenty of room to AB

They had $6m in cap space and just signed a guy for more than that. They have to cut players to get under.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.masslive.com/patriots/2019/09/antonio-brown-new-england-patriots-agree-to-1-year-contract-report.html%3foutputType=amp

FalconsIn2012 likes this

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will knock them off. Unlikely but not impossible. 

Bump that. You play who's in front of you and handle your business no matter who it is. Don't rely on someone else to do you're dirty work.

Pats are not invincible. Philly, and NY straight up beat them in the SB. Chiefs almost beat them last year, and the Broncos did beat them in the AFC championship in '15. WE SHOULD HAVE BEAT THEM. 

If we get to the SB and have to face the Pats, bring it on because we have just as much of a chance at winning/losing against them as anyone else we'd face.

2 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

They had $6m in cap space and just signed a guy for more than that. They have to cut players to get under.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.masslive.com/patriots/2019/09/antonio-brown-new-england-patriots-agree-to-1-year-contract-report.html%3foutputType=amp

OTC shows they have 10 mill this year and 52 mill next year.  Bringing in AB was easy

Say what you want about NE. If you'd like to make some $$$ Sunday take NE -19.5 or even -20 against the Miami Mullets. Bilichek wont run the score up on a former staffer but the score will be in the range of 41-7 or 38-3. You get the idea. NE will cover that too low of a spread imho.

11 hours ago, Big_Dog said:

Say what you want about NE. If you'd like to make some $$$ Sunday take NE -19.5 or even -20 against the Miami Mullets. Bilichek wont run the score up on a former staffer but the score will be in the range of 41-7 or 38-3. You get the idea. NE will cover that too low of a spread imho.

The Dolphins typically give the Patriots trouble in Miami.

• 2000 - Dolphins Win 10-3
  • 2001 - Dolphins Win 30-10
  • 2002 - Dolphins Win 26-13
  • 2003 - Patriots Win 19-13
  • 2004 - Dolphins Win 29-28
  • 2005 - Patriots Win 23-16
  • 2006 - Dolphins Win 21-0
  • 2007 - Patriots Win 49-28
  • 2008 - Patriots Win 48-28
  • 2009 - Dolphins Win 22-21
  • 2010 - Patriots Win 41-14
  • 2011 - Patriots Win 38-24
  • 2012 - Patriots Win 23-16
  • 2013 - Dolphins Win 24-20
  • 2014 - Dolphins Win 33-20
  • 2015 - Dolphins Win 20-10
  • 2016 - Patriots Win 35-14
  • 2017 - Dolphins Win 27-20
  • 2018 - Dolphins Win 34-33

The Patriots record in Miami under Bill Belichick is only 8-11 and as you can see, the Dolphins have won 5 of the last 6 against the Patriots in Miami. I don't know what it is and why this happens, but the Patriots usually struggle against the Dolphins in Miami.