roguebeaver

Stupid NE Cheetriots!

200 posts in this topic

Just now, pzummo said:

Pats lost their #1 draft pick WR less than a week ago. There was tampering. No chance it’s coincidence.

while I don't disagree, and don't even disagree that it LOOKS suspect, can it be proven?  and who's going to challenge it, the Raiders? does anyone there have the gonads to do that since Al is dearly departed?

2 hours ago, BloodBurgerOne said:

Edelman, Brown and Gordon just doesn't seem fair lol... Rich get richer.

It all depends in the end who's gonna be healthy....none of this matters if you have a mash unit by December or Jan

12 minutes ago, pzummo said:

Guaranteed there was tampering and negotiations prior to him going after Mayock the way he did. Patriots put their 1st round WR on IR 5 days ago and “coincidentally” AB loses his **** and calls the team GM a cracker a couple of days later. 

You are contradicting yourself.  As you noted, Brown was already acting erratic way before the Patriots WR got hurt.

Simplest explanation without the crazy conspiracy theories:

1. Patriots try to acquire Brown from Steelers, but Steelers won't do it
  2. Brown and his agent are aware that Patriots wanted him
  3. Brown sees that Raiders are years away from being competitive and that Carr isn't very good OR Brown is just nuts.  Either way...
  4. Throws a series of fits until he gets his release (Blount, Harrison, etc)
  5. Patriots pick him up
Edited by JeffAtl
GreggT and quickzero like this

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

In the Dimi era?

• Dimi - 102-74 (.580) - 0 Lombardies
  • Billy - 134-42 (.761) - 3 Lombardies

Nice dodge.

10 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

It all depends in the end who's gonna be healthy....none of this matters if you have a mash unit by December or Jan

Yeah, we're gonna see. I'm hoping he's dumb like Ochocinco and can't wrap his head around the playbook lol.

Just now, JeffAtl said:

You are contradicting yourself.  As you noted, Brown was already acting erratic way before the Patriots WR got hurt.

Simplest explanation without the crazy conspiracy theories:

1. Patriots try to acquire Brown from Steelers, but Steelers won't do it
  2. Brown and his agent are aware that Patriots wanted him
  3. Brown sees that Raiders are years away from being competitive and that Carr isn't very good
  4. Throws a series of fits until he gets his release (Blount, Harrison, etc)
  5. Patriots pick him up

I don’t see where I contradicted myself and 1-2 are not plausible.

He wanted out of Oakland, without question, the moment he was traded there. He was being difficult from day 1 and didn’t want to play for them. But he didn’t demand a release or curse out the GM until this past week, after the Pats put their 1st round WR on IR. He was malcontent, but never attacked the team until this week.

I don’t see the Patriots having ever tried to trade for Brown. They are rivals. There’s 0 chance the Steelers ever took that call or gave AB permission to negotiate with them. The Steelers owned all the cards and would’ve had to give AB permission to talk to the Pats. There is no reason to do that if they do not get the draft pick compensation they want. The Pats can’t negotiate for a player they have no rights to and the Steelers wouldn’t give them those rights without agreeing to draft pick compensation. 

The Pats are smart cheaters. I doubt they’ll get caught. But I think it’s more than a coincidence.

Peteshweddy likes this

38 minutes ago, papachaz said:

while I don't disagree, and don't even disagree that it LOOKS suspect, can it be proven?  and who's going to challenge it, the Raiders? does anyone there have the gonads to do that since Al is dearly departed?

If anything, it will be one of those things that pops up a year or so from now. Someone will spill something, they will investigate, and Bill will be gone. So essentially, it won't matter then.

3 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Steelers fans are livid. Check out their SB nation..pure comedy.

Uh yeah!! To put it mildly. They are raising all kinds of ****.

Jerz #Quinning likes this

This AB guy is a clown but he also has a huge ego. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays hard for the Patriots after seeing's Julio's huge contract and being jealous, wanting to get a big contract himself.

27 minutes ago, Statick said:

Poor Raiders fans. They are really beating themselves up over today.

And next year they're gonna have to switch teams and drive to SF if they want to see an NFL game. Or drive eight hours to Vegas. Jeez. They need to sue like the STL fans did.

Now all this talk about Julio being better than Ab will stop. he already has better stats,but now he has the best QB in the NFL I bet his numbers will still be better than julios. A falcons fan but I told y'all Julio is not better than AB

45 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

I can't believe that Mayock didn't mock this happening....

*******. That’s rough, lol. Just our luck, Gronk has stayed in shape and come out of retirement. I will turn the ******* tv off for good if that’s how they win another. 

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Drafting a player vs signing a FA.

We didn’t draft Julio organically.   If he was our slotted pick that’s different.  But trading up for him was costly.  

I would still do the trade tomorrow...but the way the Patriots acquired Moss/AB is ideal.  Your team is built, the cost is below market value and the players are simply icing on the cake.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

1 hour ago, pzummo said:

Guaranteed there was tampering and negotiations prior to him going after Mayock the way he did. Patriots put their 1st round WR on IR 5 days ago and “coincidentally” AB loses his **** and calls the team GM a cracker a couple of days later. Then after all this drama with the helmet and how unprofessional he has acted, the Patriots are confident enough to give him $9m in guarantees with $15m for the season within hours of his release.

AB isn’t crazy, suffering from CTE, or depression. Guaranteed he knew where he was landing and for how much if he could get the Raiders to release him.

And for what it’s worth, the Raiders were fools for releasing him. Fine, suspend, bench. Mayock just told every player they can be released of their contract if they cry enough about it. That was really stupid. There’s a reason teams like the Steelers and Pats don’t budge. This set a precedent. Mayock is done for.

I don't think it was a bad move at all to cut him. They paid him zero dollars