tldr

Why did UGA go with Fromm over Fields?

29 posts in this topic

Fromm is good but Fields has Heisman potential. It'd be like Chiefs choosing Alex Smith over Mahomes.

1 hour ago, tldr said:

Fromm is good but Fields has Heisman potential. It'd be like Chiefs choosing Alex Smith over Mahomes.

Because Fromm is a better QB. Fields padding stats vs cupcakes is not good. Up 35-0 in the 4th Quarter, and your starting QB is still in the game throwing is a recipe for disaster. 

1 hour ago, tldr said:

Fields left because he decided not to redshirt last season and play behind Fromm for a season and when Fromm declares for the nfl draft, he would take over, but instead he wanted to be a diva and left.

95Dawg and Porter Osborne Jr like this

59 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Fields left because he decided not to redshirt last season and play behind Fromm for a season and when Fromm declares for the nfl draft, he would take over, but instead he wanted to be a diva and left.

I wouldn't play behind someone either if I was one of 2 highly sought after recruits nearly all time coming out of high school.

That other being Trevor Lawrence 

Edited by Zone#7

7 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

I wouldn't play behind someone either if I was one of 2 highly sought after recruits nearly all time coming out of high school.

You should earn your start, not take over just because you happen to be 5 stars recruit.

1 hour ago, Zone#7 said:

The last two national championships were won by quarterbacks who initially were the " backup " because their head coaches knew and WANTED to maximize the talent they had recruited...

3 hours ago, Nereek said:

Fromm will stay for his senior season.  His family is loaded so money isn’t an issue. Plus he’s said he wants his degree and he’s still 2 semesters short after this year.

Then Caleb Williams or Gunner Stockton will take over in 2021.  We probably get Williams.

19 minutes ago, judas yeast said:

It was a shortsided decision - race may have played a factor as well

WTF dude? Why does every thing that happens have to be about race when 90% of things that happen has nothing to do with race? Just GTFO with such nonsense.

Beef likes this

27 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

WTF dude? Why does every thing that happens have to be about race when 90% of things that happen has nothing to do with race? Just GTFO with such nonsense.

Well it played a factor into why he left though not him vs Fromm. 

Still doesn't change the fact Kirby has a loyalty probably which is possibly one reason Saban has gotten the better of him. He won't make those "tough decisions".

35 minutes ago, Beef said:

Fromm will stay for his senior season.  His family is loaded so money isn’t an issue. Plus he’s said he wants his degree and he’s still 2 semesters short after this year.

Then Caleb Williams or Gunner Stockton will take over in 2021.  We probably get Williams.

Stockton is actually 2022 and an early battle with Clemson, which while Kirby is in better position with this generational Georgia QB talent, it's too early to call because of how tough Clemson has been here (I'll give the benefit of the doubt below however).

The next tenured Georgia QB is likely Beck or Stockton though (maybe both) if you want to take a very early shot on looking at the long haul. While he'll probably not do what Fields did to burn bridges, I get strong vibes that if Williams becomes a Georgia commit, he'll end up being the odd man out. That is, unless Beck doesn't impress and Williams kills it...

Edited by VoiceofReason95

1 minute ago, Zone#7 said:

Well it played a factor into why he left though not him vs Fromm. 

Still doesn't change the fact Kirby has a loyalty probably which is possibly one reason Saban has gotten the better of him. He won't make those "tough decisions".

What are you talking about?

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What are you talking about?

When Fields left that slur had something to do with that, but I don't believe he just plain left because of himself vs Fromm. 

Combination of Kirby not being upfront with him, and never getting the chance especially in games we'd already had in hand. The race incident was just icing on the cake for him to go.