AB Released, any NFC South team dumb enough to try it?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He might sit out a year. He needs to for his mental health.

Smart move by Oakland. They actually had the balls to do something Pittsburgh was afraid to do. If he goes to New England I wouldn’t be shocked. Also wouldn’t be shocked if he doesn’t play a snap this

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I do. Elway's are the exception. Very few guys want to take on that role after they retire. They're multi millionaires. Why would they care? Especially in today's NFL; What Elway made is peanuts compared to today's QBs

That is a very good point. It’d be a matter of determination and will to work. Some guys are just wired that way

Just now, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

It was never really Marvin.  It was Mike Brown forcing a lot of those players on him.

This is very true.

To your point:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2019/1/13/18172105/bengals-marvin-lewis-16-years-fired-cincinnati-football-seasons-nfl-news

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

That is a very good point. It’d be a matter of determination and will to work. Some guys are just wired that way

Plus momma bear won’t ever sign off on it. By the time he retires it’ll be his turn to raise all those kids! :)

But I do agree Matt would be an excellent GM.

2 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

Hard for me to believe that after the Steelers and Raiders any team will be willing to make AB the 2nd highest paid receiver - especially fully guranteed. Hes a loose cannon.Thats more than Thomas, Nuk, Evans, OBJ, Cooper etc. 

No doubt that some team is going to sign him though (for a certain price) - but its going to come with some conditions and not a lot of guarantees.

With Brown killing his overall league value/worth, there is absolutely no reason to pay him even half of what the other top guys are getting. 

A lot of the money he will make probably moving forward for the rest of his career is going to be incentive based. 

10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yeah, I’ll never forget years ago, Marvin had finally gotten sick of Chris Henry and cut him. Mike Brown brought him back a few months later.

I still remember what s***eating grin Marvin tried to keep on his face in that press conference trying to act like was going along with it.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

May be the best post in this thread

i've been meaning to ask you about the Michael Irvin vid in your signature..now I know he's an energetic guy. But you think he's off the boogar sugar in that video? Because I've seen A LOT of people act that exact way off coke. don't tell me i'm crazy lol

8 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

i've been meaning to ask you about the Michael Irvin vid in your signature..now I know he's an energetic guy. But you think he's off the boogar sugar in that video? Because I've seen A LOT of people act that exact way off coke. don't tell me i'm crazy lol

Don’t know. As far as I know he’s clean with a ton of energy. 

Just now, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I wouldn't doubt it...

abhit.0.gif

You know a situation done gone bad when Vontaze Burfict is playing peacemaker.

Just the irony of it all. Dude probably feels bad for the man. He was knocked lifeless in a split second..that had to have some kind of internalized impact on his whole mindset as an athlete in the NFL.

22 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

13 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Don’t know. As far as I know he’s clean with a ton of energy. 

Micheal Irvin has always been passionately energetic to the point of looking like he was either on something or a little crazy.

He was a cokehead, but he is naturally that energetic.

The only other players that might have seemed more crazy or energetic than Irvin was Brian Dawkins(on the field) and John Randle(wouldn't be surprised if he's actually crazy altogether lol).

Just now, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Micheal Irvin has always been passionately energetic to the point of looking like he was either on something or a little crazy.

He was a cokehead, but he is naturally that energetic.

The only other players that might have seem more crazy or energetic than Irvin was Brian Dawkins(on the field) and John Randle(wouldn't be surprised if he's actually crazy altogether lol).

It’s bad peoples past always stick with them