Sun Tzu 7

AB Released, any NFC South team dumb enough to try it?

274 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I think it just speaks volumes to Matt. He is very underrated in terms of leadership. Every player has always spoken very highly of him and he’s had arguably more stars and egos around him than Big Ben has. 

I think it’s just Matt’s demeanor outside the FB which gives him a softer reputation. Former players have spoken how he will chew players if they don’t fall in line. 

JD dirtybird21 and Vandy like this

11 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

A lot of people also accused Pete Carroll of this in Seattle.

Good point, and yes he did. Carrol and Tomlin have similar styles. And it created a similar mess they’re just now coming out of. 

BTW, glad to see you back CB!

10 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I think it just speaks volumes to Matt. He is very underrated in terms of leadership. Every player has always spoken very highly of him and he’s had arguably more stars and egos around him than Big Ben has. 

Also speaks volumes of TD. We loathed the "falcon filter" for years but honestly, I'm glad there's a low tolerance for BS in the FO.

Just now, falcons007 said:

I think it’s just Matt’s demeanor outside the FB which gives him a softer reputation. Former players have spoken how he will chew players if they don’t fall in line. 

Yeah DQ said folks would be surprised by how much Matt chews out players in practice when they screw up. There were reports on how he was ripping Gabes *** during the SB practices. 

11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I have no doubt on that PMF. 

Tomlin is known as a new-age player’s coach. BB runs you out of town at 1st sign of self-above-team dysfunction. 

I’m kinda old school thinking on that as well. As big a fan as i’ll Always be of Roddy, and even though he was a declining player which made it easier, I really respect how DQ/team handled his feud with Shanny. 

This is why I have serious doubts about all this AB to the Pats! talk. BB is the least tolerant coach for player first players in the NFL.

Call me skeptical. I'll believe it when I see it. 

Ovie_Lover and Vandy like this

2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

This is why I have serious doubts about all this AB to the Pats! talk. BB is the least tolerant coach for player first players in the NFL.

Cowboys yes.......Pats no, at least not right now.

10 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I don’t think it’s crazy to predict that Matt will be the HC or the GM here one day 

I do. Elway's are the exception. Very few guys want to take on that role after they retire. They're multi millionaires. Why would they care? Especially in today's NFL; What Elway made is peanuts compared to today's QBs

2 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

He's welcome here in my book. I don't care if players have attitudes. Why gaf about what people say that never liked you anyway?

I don't want his little nasty feets nowhere near atlanta...:lol:

Vandy likes this

14 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Yeah DQ said folks would be surprised by how much Matt chews out players in practice when they screw up. There were reports on how he was ripping Gabes *** during the SB practices. 

Its been that way since he rolled into the town. Julio and Ryan are biggest stars on the offense and they both are humble but don't play around. 

Vandy likes this

12 minutes ago, hjerry said:

CIN should be on top of the list. 

Vandy likes this

17 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Also speaks volumes of TD. We loathed the "falcon filter" for years but honestly, I'm glad there's a low tolerance for BS in the FO.

All depends on the position. You don't want an unstable minded QB, but for a linemen, it would be perfect.

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

CIN should be on top of the list. 

If Marvin Lewis we’re still there, I would agree Cincy would be at top of list. 

I think new HC is trying to change the culture there. 

falcons007 likes this

1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

All depends on the position. You don't want an unstable minded QB, but for a linemen, it would be perfect.

Nope

Has little to do with the position. You're confusing having types of "attitude"

Being aggressive is not the same as being a me first cancer

He isn't cheap and would be a disruptive force to any team that picks him up.  What team has that much cap space and patience.  What team is desperate enough?  Julio is #1 in my world.  So I would not even wish it.

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

If Marvin Lewis we’re still there, I would agree Cincy would be at top of list. 

I think new HC is trying to change the culture there. 

Agree on ML. But they desperately need a WR. 

Vandy likes this