Sun Tzu 7

AB Released, any NFC South team dumb enough to try it?

274 posts in this topic

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Chad Johnson couldn’t learn the playbook. He openly admitted that

Yes and I’m guessing AB could.

The question is would the Pats be willing to baby sit him until he was ready to play?

As the Chad Johnson situation showed it’s not as simple as just showing up and playing.

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, SoldMySoul said:

Let's play devil's advocate for a moment..... If and its a big if, IF AB would be a Patriot, could he do it their way and humble himself????

I think so because both Bill and Brady over shadow him. The only entity that overshadowed him in Oakland was Gruden. Carr didn’t cast a big enough shadow. He’d have to do it the patriot way or no way. 

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yes and I’m guessing AB could.

The question is would the Pats be willing to baby sit him until he was ready to play?

As the Chad Johnson situation showed it’s not as simple as just showing up and playing.

Nah they aren’t plug and play. They can work him in and have packages designed until he fully gets it

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I think so because both Bill and Brady over shadow him. The only entity that overshadowed him in Oakland was Gruden. Carr didn’t cast a big enough shadow. He’d have to do it the patriot way or no way. 

Definitely agree bro but this man needs some help.  He’s truly hurt his brand moving forward with these antics.

TheFatboi likes this

1 minute ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Definitely agree bro but this man needs some help.  He’s truly hurt his brand moving forward with these antics.

Yea he has. I genuinely worried about his mental health. But I’ve felt that way ever since I saw him in Lebron’s show. 

Schwarzwald, blkbigdog35 and Vandy like this

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Chad Johnson couldn’t learn the playbook. He openly admitted that

Which is another factor to throw in. It’s tough in general to drop a receiver in the middle of a new team and expect him to be productive with no offseason. Cooper was first guy I had seen do it last season in I don’t know how long, but Dallas has one of the simpler schemes in the NFL, and in that Coryell system all of the routes are numbers, so your number is all you have to listen for to know your route vs. the WCO where it’s all coded in verbiage.

New England is one of the more difficult offenses to drop into. He would have a shorthand because Pitt ran a similar system, but there are a ton of sight adjustments receivers have to make on the fly based on coverage and if you ain’t on the same page as Tom, you just not gone be out there. 

Thats what did Chad in. He still had some football left but he was never the most precise route runner in Cincy and he just couldn’t get all those adjustments down.

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Yea he has. I genuinely worried about his mental health. But I’ve felt that way ever since I saw him in Lebron’s show. 

I mentioned this when he did the interview. He needs help mentally. The only thing people were stuck on was me saying he was on the same level as Julio and saying he wasn’t the only one at fault in Pittsburgh 

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Which is another factor to throw in. It’s tough in general to drop a receiver in the middle of a new team and expect him to be productive with no offseason. Cooper was first guy I had seen do it last season in I don’t know how long, but Dallas has one of the simpler schemes in the NFL, and in that Coryell system all of the routes are numbers, so your number is all you have to listen for to know your route vs. the WCO where it’s all coded in verbiage.

New England is one of the more difficult offenses to drop into. He would have a shorthand because Pitt ran a similar system, but there are a ton of sight adjustments receivers have to make on the fly based on coverage and if you ain’t on the same page as Tom, you just not gone be out there. 

Thats what did Chad in. He still had some football left but he was never the most precise route runner in Cincy and he just couldn’t get all those adjustments down.

With AB how long do you think it would take to at least learn half of the playbook? I’d guess at least mid season and being fully ready by playoff time

10 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I saw that too, and knew something wasn’t right. Young man needs to take a year off and get himself healthy. 

6 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I agree. The only thing is Bill is the kinda coach that will sign him now and stash him until he learns enough of the playbook to be useful heading into 4th qtr of the season. That’s the genius in him. And it will only be a 1 off. Lol. 

Just now, Vandy said:

I saw that too, and knew something wasn’t right. Young man needs to take a year off and get himself healthy. 

Yea something was off about him. He def needs to get his mental health in order. 

Vandy and Schwarzwald like this

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

With AB how long do you think it would take to at least learn half of the playbook? I’d guess at least mid season and being fully ready by playoff time

I’m not sure learning the playbook is so much the issue. The Earhart/Perkins is actually relatively simple to learn. We ran something similar with Mularkey. There are really a “few” concepts it’s built around but they run those concepts from every formation imaginable so it all looks different.

Thats “easy” to learn. Even the verbiage is simple (IMO) but where NE is unique is the way they expect their receivers to read coverage and adjust in the middle of the play. That’s the part I just don’t know.

It’s definitely conceivable he could get in there and grind away and look like something by mid-season, but who knows where his head is right now? I mean, Ben constantly threw him under the bus for his route running (even though I think Ben was full of sh** in a few instances) so... idk.

I almost want it to happen just so I can see how it plays out.:ninja:

Just now, TheFatboi said:

Yea something was off about him. He def needs to get his mental health in order. 

Said it since that show aired, he’s surrounded by people who don’t know how to go against anything he says. He needs to be surrounded by people who tell him what he needs to hear. That’s the one thing about our culture I’ll never understand. Why does the next man always gotta be Uncle Tom 

blkbigdog35 and TheFatboi like this

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Gonna take a lot more than a year. Dudes been a wack job from the start. Tomlin just kept it hidden.

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I’m not sure learning the playbook is so much the issue. The Earhart/Perkins is actually relatively simple to learn. We ran something similar with Mularkey. There are really a “few” concepts it’s built around but they run those concepts from every formation imaginable so it all looks different.

Thats “easy” to learn. Even the verbiage is simple (IMO) but where NE is unique is the way they expect their receivers to read coverage and adjust in the middle of the play. That’s the part I just don’t know.

It’s definitely conceivable he could get in there and grind away and look like something by mid-season, but who knows where his head is right now? I mean, Ben constantly threw him under the bus for his route running (even though I think Ben was full of sh** in a few instances) so... idk.

I almost want it to happen just so I can see how it plays out.:ninja:

I want it to happen too sadly lol. The downfall to that is he would **** around and get a ring before Julio and the debate would be never ending lol

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Said it since that show aired, he’s surrounded by people who don’t know how to go against anything he says. He needs to be surrounded by people who tell him what he needs to hear. That’s the one thing about our culture I’ll never understand. Why does the next man always gotta be Uncle Tom 

Yep. 

ya_boi_j likes this

2 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

is this even possible, esp @ full speed?

Absolutely.  The run and shoot offense from a generation ago was built around it.  That's how those Mouse Davis offenses and those Warren Moon Oilers used to light up score boards.

Peyton Manning's offenses were built around it.  That's why he was legendary for working his receivers so hard in the offseason.  

It's difficult to get it working, but once you can get everyone on the same page, the defense is always wrong.  Tom Brady hasn't stayed this productive just off of avocado ice cream.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this