Sun Tzu 7

AB Released, any NFC South team dumb enough to try it?

274 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, k-train said:

Teams like the Colts, Dolphins, Bills, and Titans have the cap room to give him a fully guaranteed $20m/1yr deal & eat it if things once again don't pan out.

Any team that does that truly deserves the disaster that will follow.

octoslash likes this

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I was told specifically by a poster on this site who’s much smarter than me that losing Brown hurt the Steelers on and off the field. I had the same mindset as you. In my mind Oakland did nothing but lose 2 draft picks. Now they rid themselves of a problem before it spilled into the season vs being complete idiots and allowing it to impact their locker room like the Steelers did. To this day Pittsburgh hasn’t even moved on from talking about him or Bell. Oakland got that off of their plate and will only have to answer questions to the media for a couple of weeks. Their offense probably wasn’t going to be that special from the start unless they have some hidden gems

Like the poster said upstream the way they structured the contract was smart. There's no denying that but good lord imagine trying to go through a full season with him acting the way he is.

ya_boi_j likes this

I'm betting the Raiders are wishing they would have structured Grudens contract the same way. 

At least it's entertaining.

1 minute ago, FentayeJones said:

Hard for me to believe that after the Steelers and Raiders any team will be willing to make AB the 2nd highest paid reciver - especially fully guranteed. Hes a loose cannon.Thats more than Thomas, Nuk, Evans, OBJ Cooper etc. 

No doubt that some team is going to sign him though (for a certain price) - but its going to come with some conditions and not a lot of guarantees.

I agree 100%.

I was just thinking about how no team with a true #1 WR already (or a QB who is the unquestioned leader) is going to bother w/ AB & his baggage. So his options are going to likely be very limited if he's dead set on making demands about what he will or won't do & how much he has to get paid. Unless he's willing to check his ego & basically play on a low guarantee/prove-it deal, his only options will be w/ a bad team who's willing to basically rent him for a year.

6 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Any team that does that truly deserves the disaster that will follow.

Those teams are all already most likely looking at dismal seasons.

3 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Like the poster said upstream the way they structured the contract was smart. There's no denying that but good lord imagine trying to go through a full season with him acting the way he is.

He was never going to make it past a full season with them. I applaud them for actually punishing and throwing fines his way. That should have been done years ago

Peteshweddy likes this

1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

I'm betting the Raiders are wishing they would have structured Grudens contract the same way. 

At least it's entertaining.

I don’t like Gruden, but Mayock is good. He might be good enough to get Gruden real talent and competitive in a couple years. 

36 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

He’s **** near the only coach that I think can handle and humble him. Plus it’s a winning culture with Tom Brady at qb 

Yep. The combo of bill and Tom overshadows him. He’s have to do it their way or no way. 

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

I don’t like Gruden, but Mayock is good. He might be good enough to get Gruden real talent and competitive in a couple years. 

Gruden has final say on everything though. Doesn’t help the cause if Gruden undermines the scouting reports

1 minute ago, k-train said:

Those teams are all already most likely looking at dismal seasons.

Yes and most of those teams have young QBs.

Bringing in AB is a coach killing move for those teams.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Gruden has final say on everything though. Doesn’t help the cause if Gruden undermines the scouting reports

Really? Gosh, Gruden gonna really **** this up then. 

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, TheFatboi said:

Yep. The combo of bill and Tom overshadows him. He’s have to do it their way or no way. 

Can you think of another situation that would be good for him?

TheFatboi likes this

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Really? Gosh, Gruden gonna really **** this up then. 

From all my understanding Gruden pretty much has full day so over everything. If I’m wrong I apologize for misleading 

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Not a one. NE would be the best. And AB would do that to play with Brady and Bill. 

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Not a one. NE would be the best. And AB would do that to play with Brady and Bill. 

I agree. That’s the only realistic scenario I see. And they’re $11 mill under the cap

TheFatboi likes this

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I agree. That’s the only realistic scenario I see. And they’re $11 mill under the cap

He lost out on guarantees anywhere tho. He gon be big mad at Julio’s contract. Maybe that’s what set him over the edge lol. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

For his career probably not.

For his bank account? There could probably be a desperate team out there willing to pay more.

What motivates AB?  $$, ego,  wins?

And the Pats wouldn’t necessarily be a perfect fit.  Chad Johnson didn’t work out for them.

Just now, TheFatboi said:

He lost out on guarantees anywhere tho. He gon be big mad at Julio’s contract. Maybe that’s what set him over the edge lol. 

At this point he’s gonna have to sign a prove it deal that includes incentives

TheFatboi and Ergo Proxy like this

11 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Let's play devil's advocate for a moment..... If and its a big if, IF AB would be a Patriot, could he do it their way and humble himself????

TheFatboi likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Speaking of lmao

Lol. Yep!! He’s probably on the phone with Tom and McDaniels seeing how they feel about bringing him in and how they could use him lol. 

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

For his career probably not.

For his bank account? There could probably be a desperate team out there willing to pay more.

What motivates AB?  $$, ego,  wins?

And the Pats wouldn’t necessarily be a perfect fit.  Chad Johnson didn’t work out for them.

Chad Johnson couldn’t learn the playbook. He openly admitted that