Sun Tzu 7

AB Released, any NFC South team dumb enough to try it?

274 posts in this topic

Just now, Jpowers said:

****... Pittsburgh won by a mile. 

There really isn't a universe where you can call Oakland smart here.

Pittsburgh is in Cap **** because of him. Oakland owes him nothing. Pittsburgh didn’t win **** lol

1 minute ago, shockerfalcon said:

They resigned him this week after they put the rookie Harry on IR

Didn’t see that

3 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Weren’t they in trade talks before the Oakland trade too? Or just all rumors? 

They were but once they heard about Brown getting his first pay day and him telling his position coach "I'm not gonna be doing any blocking today " they dropped out. 

Atlantafan21 likes this

Just now, TD_Lover said:

The cut and resign allowed them to make his contract week to week.

He looked good in pre season. I was surprised they let him go from the jump

Ovie_Lover likes this

4 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

Brown won’t go to the saints or Bucs he’s incapable of sharing the spot light with another receiver. The Pitt drama was in part because the team voted JuJu season MVP over him. Carolina would be the only NFCS team he would sign with as he’d be the clear cut number 1. I also don’t think he would sign with a non contender as he wouldn’t get the media coverage he covets. I could see the Ravens or Seattle at least talking to his agent

Yeah im sure AB is chomping at the bit to join 2 run first offenses

Where are those articles and threads debating whether AB or OBJ are better than JJ these days?

Atlanta is doing everything it can to keep its #1 receiver while Pittsburgh/Oakland and New York were delighted to get rid of theirs.

Teams like the Colts, Dolphins, Bills, and Titans have the cap room to give him a fully guaranteed $20m/1yr deal & eat it if things once again don't pan out.

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Pittsburgh is in Cap **** because of him. Oakland owes him nothing. Pittsburgh didn’t win **** lol

Pittsburgh is eating the dead money early but they got a 3rd and a 5th and considering their drafting history....

They also got several all pro years out of Brown.

Oakland lost a 3rd and a 5th and got **** tons of drama and got jack **** on the field. Nothing Oakland did was smart.

Just now, quotemokc said:

Yeah im sure AB is chomping at the bit to join 2 run first offenses

They’re run first because they’re receiving corps are trash gotta play to your strengths. I bet he’s chomping at the bit to play with Russel Wilson though

1 minute ago, jlrfalcon said:

Where are those articles and threads debating whether AB or OBJ are better than JJ these days?

Atlanta is doing everything it can to keep its #1 receiver while Pittsburgh/Oakland and New York were delighted to get rid of theirs.

Honestly, the giants trade still makes no dang sense. 

Just now, Jpowers said:

Pittsburgh is eating the dead money early but they got a 3rd and a 5th and considering their drafting history....

Oakland lost a 3rd and a 5th and got **** tons of drama and got jack **** on the field. Nothing Oakland did was smart.

Excepting not paying him 1 dollar and having no dead money on the books

Ergo Proxy and Jpowors like this

12 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Vontaze Burfict was also the peacekeeper during the Mike Mayock threat lol. 

:lol:

Just now, Jpowers said:

I was told specifically by a poster on this site who’s much smarter than me that losing Brown hurt the Steelers on and off the field. I had the same mindset as you. In my mind Oakland did nothing but lose 2 draft picks. Now they rid themselves of a problem before it spilled into the season vs being complete idiots and allowing it to impact their locker room like the Steelers did. To this day Pittsburgh hasn’t even moved on from talking about him or Bell. Oakland got that off of their plate and will only have to answer questions to the media for a couple of weeks. Their offense probably wasn’t going to be that special from the start unless they have some hidden gems

35 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Smart move by Oakland. They actually had the balls to do something Pittsburgh was afraid to do. If he goes to New England I wouldn’t be shocked. Also wouldn’t be shocked if he doesn’t play a snap this season or anymore. 

So... essentially you wouldn't be shocked by anything that happens. B)

ya_boi_j likes this

4 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

They’re run first because they’re receiving corps are trash gotta play to your strengths. I bet he’s chomping at the bit to play with Russel Wilson though

Would much rather play with Wilson than Jackson

8 minutes ago, k-train said:

Teams like the Colts, Dolphins, Bills, and Titans have the cap room to give him a fully guaranteed $20m/1yr deal & eat it if things once again don't pan out.

Hard for me to believe that after the Steelers and Raiders any team will be willing to make AB the 2nd highest paid receiver - especially fully guranteed. Hes a loose cannon.Thats more than Thomas, Nuk, Evans, OBJ, Cooper etc. 

No doubt that some team is going to sign him though (for a certain price) - but its going to come with some conditions and not a lot of guarantees.

Ezekiel 25:17 and Ergo Proxy like this

12 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

Brown won’t go to the saints or Bucs he’s incapable of sharing the spot light with another receiver. The Pitt drama was in part because the team voted JuJu season MVP over him. Carolina would be the only NFCS team he would sign with as he’d be the clear cut number 1. I also don’t think he would sign with a non contender as he wouldn’t get the media coverage he covets. I could see the Ravens or Seattle at least talking to his agent

God I hope he goes to Carolina.  Can you imagine the absolute meltdown between him and Cam.  It would be a circus.