Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FentayeJones

Julio Deal Done / 3Yr $66Mil Ext - $66Mil Gtd

24 minutes ago, Clark said:

Well deserved and happy for both sided but I do have to ask the obvious... With 97% guaranteed at signing, what's to stop Julio from being unhappy again in a couple years and wanting more? He's done it before with a frontloaded contract. Hopefully thile contract has some fine print that mitigates that risk but still....

Because he knows this is his last payday. Most only get one and when you’re as good as him you can get 2. He can ride into the sunset now. Ppl forget, Julio was that 1st class that had the rookie cap on money. So he didn’t come into the league with that huge 1st round money that so many before him received. 

17 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Because he knows this is his last payday. Most only get one and when you’re as good as him you can get 2. He can ride into the sunset now. Ppl forget, Julio was that 1st class that had the rookie cap on money. So he didn’t come into the league with that huge 1st round money that so many before him received. 

Great point. I had completely forgotten that was a thing.

I've bounced this idea around in my head for years and doubted it, but I'm going all in now. Julio is the best athlete in Atlanta pro sports history. I love Hank, but I'm convinced when it's all said and done every sports fan is going to know who Julio is/was. He's going to do great things during the life of this contract. 

6 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I know this is probably a stupid question to those that understand the cap, but if wr had 5 million on the cap, how did we give juluo 64 mil today at signing? 

We didn't give him 64 million today ( in the cap sense ) . We guaranteed it. People are using the terms interchangeably and they shouldn't. 

Edited by Geneaut

29 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I know this is probably a stupid question to those that understand the cap, but if wr had 5 million on the cap, how did we give juluo 64 mil today at signing? 

I haven’t seen the terms yet, but whatever the signing bonus is get’s spread over the life (5 years ?) of his contract. 

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

No you haven’t. 

Another clown making **** up I swear we got a devoted few on here.

I bet it breaks his heart that the FO have secured who we’ve secured long term it must hurt them a lot that there whole agendas have been riddled to the town fool type status.

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

No cap huh 

Ryan tick record deal 

Debo tick top 3 in his position 

Jarrett tick top 3 in his position 

Julio tick record deal

Lol move on thanks for coming naysayers.

AB takes care of his.

I’m a CPA, and i’m Still impressed with how well TD’s bean counters accomplished all of that. 

Glad deal done and I love Julio as much as anyone here - just one simple critical comment though

We will have huge cap tied up in him at age 34/35 when he will probably only be 60% of the player he is right now.

This does basically accomplish the “Falcon for Life” for an Atlanta icon so for that I like it.   This deal is more of a lifetime accomplishment thank you contract than it is good business for production though.