Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FentayeJones

Julio Deal Done / 3Yr $66Mil Ext - $66Mil Gtd

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Really shows you can still learn and take things even 4-5 years into doing anything.Humbled I think is a good word to describe what happened last year.

Truth my man, I’ve always learned more from my setbacks than I ever did my triumphs. I have no doubt DQ will be a better coach this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HEIST said:

This deal is going to have long lasting ramifications on the NFL. It's as close as I've seen to an NBA deal.

The new CBA will likely address this.

It's counter-intuitive, but guaranteed contracts are not that popular with the NFLPA.  Salary cap money that is being spent on players that aren't playing is taking food out of other player's mouths that are actually playing; it doesn't hurt the owners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

The new CBA will likely address this.

It's counter-intuitive, but guaranteed contracts are not that popular with the NFLPA.  Salary cap money that is being spent on players that aren't playing is taking food out of other player's mouths that are actually playing; it doesn't hurt the owners. 

The NFLPA has been flirting with guaranteed contracts for a long time, they just have conceded time and again for higher salaries, free agency, benefits, etc.  The NFLPA would absolutely love guaranteed contracts, but it's a fight because the NFL is the sport with the highest risk of injury so owners are hesitant.  And it absolutely would hurt the owners if they spent say 100m guaranteed and a players goes down with a career ending or long term injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

That’s the point. I don’t think the speed goes. TO’s didn’t. Deion’s didn’t until turf toe. Darryl Green was still running a 4.3 at 40. Again, it all depends on how well he takes care of his body and he does that, and avoiding serious injury. He’s not a guy that will drop off the map with speed wise.  Chris Carter was still running a 4.4 at 34. Just can’t see a guy that takes care of himself slowing down to 60%. Jerry rice was still dominant at 40. And still could run away from you. Again, freaks of nature. Herschel walker can still outrun a 20 something year old. But he takes care of his body. You can’t really show me a guy that takes care if his body like I’m saying that just drops off the map. Most of these guys when they get older stop doing that and that’s when you get that big drop off. Show me a superb athlete that fell off 60% that took care of his body? 

You can see it in Julio now he’s got all the nuances down he has multiple ways to win.Its not just run fast in a straight line and win,it’s not one thing that Julio will kill you with.

Theres multiple ways the height length speed and strength are just by how much.

Experience will kill he’s garnered that with the nuance and efficiency and this will help him down the line also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, athell said:

The NFLPA has been flirting with guaranteed contracts for a long time, they just have conceded time and again for higher salaries, free agency, benefits, etc.  The NFLPA would absolutely love guaranteed contracts, but it's a fight because the NFL is the sport with the highest risk of injury so owners are hesitant.  And it absolutely would hurt the owners if they spent say 100m guaranteed and a players goes down with a career ending or long term injury.

Think about it, the NFLPA wanted a rookie salary cap because they didn't like rookies taking all the cap space and not leaving any for veterans.  It is the same thing with guaranteed contracts for players that didn't make the team.

Also, there is nothing in the current CBA prohibiting guaranteed contracts now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JeffAtl said:

Think about it, the NFLPA wanted a rookie salary cap because they didn't like rookies taking all the cap space and not leaving any for veterans.  It is the same thing with guaranteed contracts for players that didn't make the team.

Also, there is nothing in the current CBA prohibiting guaranteed contracts now.  

Rookie contracts are a different story.  When guys like Sam Bradford are making more than the elite players who have won rings, things had to change.  I mean they just did.

You are right though, there is nothing preventing guaranteed contracts right now other than owners and gm's not wanting to pay it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Well, now. That is more sane. :tiphat:

Except that 64 mil is due when they sign the contract? Was expecting a large signing bonus and first couple of years guaranteed. Have no idea how they're going to make that work. Maybe convert most of the salary for the next two years to bonus? 

So, 20 mil in previous salary plus 66 mil in new money, that's 86 mil over 5 years. Little over 17 mil a year for Julio for the next five years? I'm good with that.

64 mil works out to 12.8 a year for 5 years. That leaves 22 mil to spread out over the  5 years.

Julio had 3.8 mil in prorated cap in 2019, don't think that goes anywhere, think there has to be some salary on the books, say a mil, so, a cap hit of like 17.6 mil this year? 12.8+3.8+1?

Maybe the cap hit is about 17 mil a year? Maybe they don't have to split the bonus evenly among the years? 

Really interested in seeing how they did this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falconidae said:

Except that 64 mil is due when they sign the contract? Was expecting a large signing bonus and first couple of years guaranteed. Have no idea how they're going to make that work. Maybe convert most of the salary for the next two years to bonus? 

So, 20 mil in previous salary plus 66 mil in new money, that's 86 mil over 5 years. Little over 17 mil a year for Julio for the next five years? I'm good with that.

64 mil works out to 12.8 a year for 5 years. That leaves 22 mil to spread out over the  5 years.

Julio had 3.8 mil in prorated cap in 2019, don't think that goes anywhere, think there has to be some salary on the books, say a mil, so, a cap hit of like 17.6 mil this year? 12.8+3.8+1?

Maybe the cap hit is about 17 mil a year? Maybe they don't have to split the bonus evenly among the years? 

Really interested in seeing how they did this.

Uncle Sam get's half, so I'm sure he's happy too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, falconidae said:

Except that 64 mil is due when they sign the contract? Was expecting a large signing bonus and first couple of years guaranteed. Have no idea how they're going to make that work. Maybe convert most of the salary for the next two years to bonus? 

So, 20 mil in previous salary plus 66 mil in new money, that's 86 mil over 5 years. Little over 17 mil a year for Julio for the next five years? I'm good with that.

64 mil works out to 12.8 a year for 5 years. That leaves 22 mil to spread out over the  5 years.

Julio had 3.8 mil in prorated cap in 2019, don't think that goes anywhere, think there has to be some salary on the books, say a mil, so, a cap hit of like 17.6 mil this year? 12.8+3.8+1?

Maybe the cap hit is about 17 mil a year? Maybe they don't have to split the bonus evenly among the years? 

Really interested in seeing how they did this.

You and me both.  With that much upfront, there's going to be some interesting cap structuring with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, capologist said:

You and me both.  With that much upfront, there's going to be some interesting cap structuring with it.

I'm thinking that may be a mis-reporting. Maybe it's supposed to be 64 mil fully guaranteed at signing, not 64 mil due at signing.

The NFL.com article doesn't mention due at signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

You can see it in Julio now he’s got all the nuances down he has multiple ways to win.Its not just run fast in a straight line and win,it’s not one thing that Julio will kill you with.

Theres multiple ways the height length speed and strength are just by how much.

Experience will kill he’s garnered that with the nuance and efficiency and this will help him down the line also.

No doubt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

If he got paid this kind of money, it would just as pointless.  You seem more concerned with individual stats and Hall of Fame credentials.  I hope they keep you warm in February while other teams win Lombardis.

I love your false sense of superiority.  Keep it going. :tiphat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...