Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spts1

LSU vs Texas

41 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

So do you guys believe if UGA was playing LSU next week we would win?

Joe Burrow looked phenomenal and LSU looks to me like the best team in college football through two games - granted small sample size.

Hard to say... UGA really has only played their whole playbook for a quarter and a half. I do think we matchup up well against LSU but until we play actual competition we won’t have a good grip how good we really are 

g-dawg likes this

8 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Joe Burrow looked phenomenal and LSU looks to me like the best team in college football through two games - granted small sample size.

Their offense is pretty good...... defense..... um not gonna win against bama if that “D” can’t stop guys better. But to answer your question..... without a doubt they would give us a fight and very well could win.

g-dawg likes this

10 hours ago, g-dawg said:

They look like the best team? WTH? They played Texas...severely overrated Texas. I don't think they are in the same ballpark of the big 3 of us, Bama, and Clemson. The good thing is, it will all be decided on the field. 

Edited by RandomFan

6 hours ago, RandomFan said:

They look like the best team? WTH? They played Texas...severely overrated Texas. I don't think they are in the same ballpark of the big 3 of us, Bama, and Clemson. The good thing is, it will all be decided on the field. 

Joe Burrow has taken his game to another level.  The LSU offense looks more potent than I have ever seen.

Texas is a good enough team to beat a top team not playing their best.  Sure there are excuses but let’s not pretend like Texas didn’t beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

Bottom-Line, you can bank on LSU defense and the offense is potent now.   Also,  LSU did beat the Dawgs last year and they look better now  - of course we should be better as well - our defense, on paper, should be much better.

We will know when LSU plays Bama but that was an impressive win.   

Herbstreit and many others in sports media are talking up LSU - it’s not like mine is some unique take.

As a Bama fan, I thought A&M was going to give the hardest time this year.

It has really been 1 week, LSU looked realy good, Burrow has taken his game to the next level for sure, but where was the defense? Where was the DBU?

I think Texas is overrated, yea they beat GA last year, but let's face it, GA was not into that game. I know that, because how many bowl games Bama has lost after not reaching the level they thought they should have, Utah, really!!

A&M played good defense against Clemson, Jimbo will get his QB, Mond (sp), back on track. He is a much better QB than he showed on Saturday.

Jimbo is a much better coach than Coach O and I think he will get them back on track. I still think they will give us a stuff game.

I don’t know if Texas at 9 was all that overrated. I think Texas easily looks like the 2nd best team in the Big 12... gonna be interesting to see how the Texas/OU game goes. It’s hard to go on the road and win a night game against a comparable team anyway. Florida is now ranked #9 and I think Texas would beat them pretty comfortably.

LSU looks on par with Bama and UGA, but since LSU is the only one of the three teams to play a tough matchup to this point it’s hard to judge. If UGA had to play at LSU it would be an ugly UGA loss imo. Neutral site or in Athens is a different story. My biggest criticism of the Smart era is annually laying an egg on the road vs the West. UGA offensively looks like they would struggle with any team that can rush the passer with any consistency.

jeffro2000, frankly88 and g-dawg like this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

I don’t know if Texas at 9 was all that overrated. I think Texas easily looks like the 2nd best team in the Big 12... gonna be interesting to see how the Texas/OU game goes. It’s hard to go on the road and win a night game against a comparable team anyway. Florida is now ranked #9 and I think Texas would beat them pretty comfortably.

LSU looks on par with Bama and UGA, but since LSU is the only one of the three teams to play a tough matchup to this point it’s hard to judge. If UGA had to play at LSU it would be an ugly UGA loss imo. Neutral site or in Athens is a different story. My biggest criticism of the Smart era is annually laying an egg on the road vs the West. UGA offensively looks like they would struggle with any team that can rush the passer with any consistency.

I think GA's offensive line is head and shoulders better than that of Texas. I have serious doubts that GA or Bama would give up 7 sacks to LSU, just my opinion.

As it turned out to be a close game, Texas had the advantage of home field.  Maybe I am bias, I am just not ready to place the crown on LSU over GA or Bama. Let's see them play a SEC school with power.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

good post and agree w/ it all.     Texas is not horrible team - the offense is legit.  the QB is legit.  YES, defensively they aren't great but neither was OK defense and they ALMOST beat a really, really good UGA team.   OK put some points on Bama in 2nd half last year in playoff.

Also, you touched on the UGA pass-blocking - and you are right - it's not as good as it should be and they have shown a surprising ability to let the rush get to Jake a few times against WEAK competition - when it flips from Vandy/McNeese D-Line to AU/UF/ATM/BAMA D-Line,  is our pass blocking gonna step up?

9 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I think GA's offensive line is head and shoulders better than that of Texas. I have serious doubts that GA or Bama would give up 7 sacks to LSU, just my opinion.

As it turned out to be a close game, Texas had the advantage of home field.  Maybe I am bias, I am just not ready to place the crown on LSU over GA or Bama. Let's see them play a SEC school with power.

I don't disagree but until these teams play head-to-head,  it's a horse race and an eye-ball test.   UGA and BAMA need to play someone equivalent of Texas or better - so far, they haven't.    LSU looked dayumed good, it is OK to admit it.

BamaBirdLady likes this

37 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I don't disagree but until these teams play head-to-head,  it's a horse race and an eye-ball test.   UGA and BAMA need to play someone equivalent of Texas or better - so far, they haven't.    LSU looked dayumed good, it is OK to admit it.

I said in my first reply that LSU looked really good! I am just not sold on Texas, thats all. And I believe that GA and Bama have a very good chance at beating LSU.

Am I 100% sure, no, just my opinion. But we play LSU every year and it seems a lot of time they are the sexy pick to beat Bama and then about mid-season the wheels start falling off. Will that happen this year? Who knows, just looking back at the past years.

1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I said in my first reply that LSU looked really good! I am just not sold on Texas, thats all. And I believe that GA and Bama have a very good chance at beating LSU.

Am I 100% sure, no, just my opinion. But we play LSU every year and it seems a lot of time they are the sexy pick to beat Bama and then about mid-season the wheels start falling off. Will that happen this year? Who knows, just looking back at the past years.

yeah, only time will tell.  I think Bama Defense is a little down this year from last w/ loss of Quinnen and Dylan Moses on defense - of course the offense is still terrific and Tua has the capability of beating anyone in a shootout w/ those receivers.

18 hours ago, g-dawg said:

yeah, only time will tell.  I think Bama Defense is a little down this year from last w/ loss of Quinnen and Dylan Moses on defense - of course the offense is still terrific and Tua has the capability of beating anyone in a shootout w/ those receivers.

I agree, our defense is down at this point. I am waiting to see how true freshman DJ Dale develops over the course of the next few weeks. He is a stud, very similar to Quinnen as a freshman, the difference being that Saban is starting DJ.

My biggest concern is our offensive line! We have played 3 different centers, we couldn't really establish the run against Duke until the second half when we just wore them down due to our guys being bigger, and we don't have a monster back like we normally have. I don't think Najee is the monster that Jacobs, Henry, Richarson,etc have been for us. Oh yeah, we lost our 5* running in spring training for the year.

With how we are running the ball, we will not win the west.

22 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I agree, our defense is down at this point. I am waiting to see how true freshman DJ Dale develops over the course of the next few weeks. He is a stud, very similar to Quinnen as a freshman, the difference being that Saban is starting DJ.

My biggest concern is our offensive line! We have played 3 different centers, we couldn't really establish the run against Duke until the second half when we just wore them down due to our guys being bigger, and we don't have a monster back like we normally have. I don't think Najee is the monster that Jacobs, Henry, Richarson,etc have been for us. Oh yeah, we lost our 5* running in spring training for the year.

With how we are running the ball, we will not win the west.

LSU is gonna be a tough out.  If this Joe Burrow production is real and not a mirage, they could not only beat Bama but UGA and Clemson as well.  Hopefully it is a mirage.

UGA’s OLine Recruiting probably hurting Bama somewhat as well.

17 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

LSU is gonna be a tough out.  If this Joe Burrow production is real and not a mirage, they could not only beat Bama but UGA and Clemson as well.  Hopefully it is a mirage.

UGA’s OLine Recruiting probably hurting Bama somewhat as well.

Given the history of LSU great starts and bad finishes, I don't trust LSU to keep it up. I too hope Burrow's start is a mirage, because we all are in trouble if it is not.

Kirby as cetainly out recruited us on the O-Line. GAs O-Line is like the O-Lines of Bama the last years. I can only hope Saban can coach them up and develop these players through the course of the year.

BTW, Dom Blaylock played at Walton High School where my daughter was at high school last year. She is in the band so we went to every game. He was the only reason Walton went as far as we did in the playoffs. He is a special player, and more importantly, a great kid,never a bit of trouble while in school. You guys got a really good one!!

2 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Given the history of LSU great starts and bad finishes, I don't trust LSU to keep it up. I too hope Burrow's start is a mirage, because we all are in trouble if it is not.

Kirby as cetainly out recruited us on the O-Line. GAs O-Line is like the O-Lines of Bama the last years. I can only hope Saban can coach them up and develop these players through the course of the year.

BTW, Dom Blaylock played at Walton High School where my daughter was at high school last year. She is in the band so we went to every game. He was the only reason Walton went as far as we did in the playoffs. He is a special player, and more importantly, a great kid,never a bit of trouble while in school. You guys got a really good one!!

Cool.  We are neighbors then - almost.  I have two kids at Harrison HS in Kennesaw.

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Cool.  We are neighbors then - almost.  I have two kids at Harrison HS in Kennesaw.

Yes we are. The AP at my school has a daughter that goes to Harrison. Both are great schools. After my son graduated from Walton and went off the college, he was so prepared. Harrision does the same thing!

He is at Bama and in the marching band.Hopefully my daughter will be in the band too.

g-dawg likes this