Greetings, Falcons Fans!

54 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

Interesting a Vike fan in NC. Before Carolina had the Panties, many NC fans pulled for the birds!!! 

On another note, I live 50 miles from New Orleans (raised and grew up in Atlanta, spent most of my life in Atl) it’s hard being a Falcons fan here!!! I work in MS. A co worker is a diehard Vikings fan and not a Taints fan, which is refreshing. Yes, we have money on tomorrow’s game.

The Vikings are getting props as favorites, but I am not seeing it all. Everyone else has described our staff so need for me to add.

Vikings are going to take a whipping!

Otherwise, thanks being civil OP!! Saints fans swampers usually aren’t! 

FIFY

11 hours ago, NCVIKE said:

OK. That's an interesting requirement for a fan board, IMHO, but I do appreciate your accommodation in this instance. Just looking for some non-purple shaded insight! 

Thank you, sir!

That requirement was one that board members requested to prevent people creating an account just to troll, and generally after 100 posts you know what kind of poster they are going to be.

I think one of Quinn's biggest mistakes as head coach was ever relinquishing play calling over the defense. He's had 2 different DCs calling the defense and it always looks better when he takes the reins. Quinn is the full time DC now.

Koetter has been OC in Atlanta before and been very successful but had no defense to help put games away. Sarkisian was a college coach with no NFL experience, and wasn't up to the task. Our offense was still top 10.

Matt Ryan is an elite QB, period. He's not flashy he doesn't run his mouth. He just shows up and does his job every week. He's also one of the toughest SOBs at the position. He was sacked 42 times last year, hit probably 4 times that and still put up numbers right in line with his MVP season. 

We have 3 new coordinators so we might start the season slow or we might bust out of the gates. It's anyone's guess at this point.

29 minutes ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

We have 3 new coordinators so we might start the season slow or we might bust out of the gates. It's anyone's guess at this point.

Good post! I bold faced my feelings on what to expect. This team is throwing the kitchen sink at teams this year with the offense. I just hope since Koetter likes the long ball is that MR2 is accurate with it.

2 hours ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

That requirement was one that board members requested to prevent people creating an account just to troll, and generally after 100 posts you know what kind of poster they are going to be.

I think one of Quinn's biggest mistakes as head coach was ever relinquishing play calling over the defense. He's had 2 different DCs calling the defense and it always looks better when he takes the reins. Quinn is the full time DC now.

Koetter has been OC in Atlanta before and been very successful but had no defense to help put games away. Sarkisian was a college coach with no NFL experience, and wasn't up to the task. Our offense was still top 10.

Matt Ryan is an elite QB, period. He's not flashy he doesn't run his mouth. He just shows up and does his job every week. He's also one of the toughest SOBs at the position. He was sacked 42 times last year, hit probably 4 times that and still put up numbers right in line with his MVP season. 

I guess I can appreciate that. I'm sure your NFC South brethren in Charlotte, N.O and TB can hit that mark fairly easily. Might be a bit more difficult for me.

I had forgotten about Koetter, thanks for the reminder. Thats a fair point you make.

Skol!

Sark (our OC the last 2 years definitely hampered our offense) and he is gone.. We've added DK as a OC so throw what you saw the last 2 years away.. Plus we've had huge injuries on defense, including GJ and we've fixed several holes in our Dline.. That being said, if we can come out and execute it should be a easy win for the Falcons.. My only concern is Ryan didn't play alot in preseason and Julio didnt play at all so we could easily come out looking rusty this game.. But our Defense should be on point.. (imo Freeman is the key to this game) if Free is healthy its going to be a long day for the Vikings D because Kutter will do everything he can to wear them down early and attack the second half. Jmo falcons win 28-10

15 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Sark (our OC the last 2 years definitely hampered our offense) and he is gone.. We've added DK as a OC so throw what you saw the last 2 years away.. Plus we've had huge injuries on defense, including GJ and we've fixed several holes in our Dline.. That being said, if we can come out and execute it should be a easy win for the Falcons.. My only concern is Ryan didn't play alot in preseason and Julio didnt play at all so we could easily come out looking rusty this game.. But our Defense should be on point.. (imo Freeman is the key to this game) if Free is healthy its going to be a long day for the Vikings D because Kutter will do everything he can to wear them down early and attack the second half. Jmo falcons win 28-10

Can't argue with your points, but the Vike's D is pretty stout, especially at home. As is usually the case with evenly matched teams, TO's will probably be the difference.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Falcons won, but I have to confess I'd be very surprised if they won by double digits. We'll know for sure in about 23 1/2 hours!

1 hour ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

I still wonder how SB33 would have gone with Min vs Den.  You all really screwed the pooch to let us steal that NFCCG whwn you had were 15-1.

Yeah, THAT was the game that made me re-think how much I let a teams' performance effect my state of mind. I refuse to live and die with them anymore. I'm sure a lot of Vikings players were hitting the strip clubs that night while most fans were sobbing into their pillows.

But to your question of how SB 33 would have gone? i'm afraid not much better than it went for the Dirty Birds. A bunch of Vikings were banged up in that NFCC game and would have missed the game. Horse-teeth would have gotten his second ring regardless. Although, I certainly wish the Vikings had at least MADE to SB that year. 15-1, all time scoring record, and all you can manage is a home victory against the Jake Plummer-led Cardinals? Man, that was a kick in the ol' toolbag for sure.

1 hour ago, NCVIKE said:

Yeah, THAT was the game that made me re-think how much I let a teams' performance effect my state of mind. I refuse to live and die with them anymore. I'm sure a lot of Vikings players were hitting the strip clubs that night while most fans were sobbing into their pillows.

But to your question of how SB 33 would have gone? i'm afraid not much better than it went for the Dirty Birds. A bunch of Vikings were banged up in that NFCC game and would have missed the game. Horse-teeth would have gotten his second ring regardless. Although, I certainly wish the Vikings had at least MADE to SB that year. 15-1, all time scoring record, and all you can manage is a home victory against the Jake Plummer-led Cardinals? Man, that was a kick in the ol' toolbag for sure.

Unfortunately, I understand all to well.  I expect a great, close game tomorrow.

Not sure what elite means, but Ryan is the real deal. He was under siege in the Jets preseason game which was schemed for by Greg Williams and went 10-14 for 118 yards with 2 dropped td passes. His stats last year were top 5. Dont get me wrong the Vikings defense always gives the finesse falcons OL fits, but this could be the year that changes as we've added more muscle to the OL :bang: with 2 rookies starting on the right side. While it is natural for them to struggle the first few games, all Ryan needs is for them to do is shore up the run game which will buy him enough time in the PA to find his WRs. I could see also plenty of screens and 3 step drops to combat the Vikes pass rushers. 

Kubiak runs the same wide zone read scheme that Shanahan brought to and popularized in Atlanta with which our defense should be familiar  I expect our defense to have a good game and win out a 17-13 ugly close game. I think the Vikings offense will struggle mightily like the packers until mid season as it takes a while for the outside run zone scheme to be fully implemented and the players to comprehend its terminology and ideas.  

As far as DQ, I wouldn't say he is on the hot seat, but theres a sense of urgency to win the big one as this is most talented falcons team ever and we have invested alot of $$$. 

Well, as happy as I am with the results, I am very surprised at this final score (which didn't really reflect how poorly Atlanta played, or how well Minnesota played, depending on your point of view).

That was just a game that got out of hand early. Lot's of "turning points", but IMHO that fumble in MN territory midway thru the 2nd was a killer. The Falcons score a TD there, it's 14-7 and, again, IMO, the game takes a different turn from there. Once it was 21 nothing, the game was over. Just time for Ryan to pad the stats a bit, there was no way he was coming back from 21 down against that D. Not dumping on Ryan, but that's just a fact.

Hopefully for you guys, this was just a really bad day at the office across the board and they bounce back next week. It's a long season. Game 1 won't make or break anyone.

Good luck the rest of the way, particularly against the Saints. Thanks again for allowing me to post with y'all. Maybe our teams will meet again in January. You never know!

SKOL!

P.S. Still haven't reached my 100th post, so I couldn't start a separate thread. 

Edited by NCVIKE
5 hours ago, NCVIKE said:

Well, as happy as I am with the results, I am very surprised at this final score (which didn't really reflect how poorly Atlanta played, or how well Minnesota played, depending on your point of view).

That was just a game that got out of hand early. Lot's of "turning points", but IMHO that fumble in MN territory midway thru the 2nd was a killer. The Falcons score a TD there, it's 14-7 and, again, IMO, the game takes a different turn from there. Once it was 21 nothing, the game was over. Just time for Ryan to pad the stats a bit, there was no way he was coming back from 21 down against that D. Not dumping on Ryan, but that's just a fact.

Hopefully for you guys, this was just a really bad day at the office across the board and they bounce back next week. It's a long season. Game 1 won't make or break anyone.

Good luck the rest of the way, particularly against the Saints. Thanks again for allowing me to post with y'all. Maybe our teams will meet again in January. You never know!

SKOL!

P.S. Still haven't reached my 100th post, so I couldn't start a separate thread. 

That was a flat out as beatin bro. I am not surprised. Attacked the RCB, LG, RG and RT as I thought you would. Shocked by the turnovers though. Ryan and Free just gave yall the game. I expected an 18-16 game. 

37 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

That was a flat out as beatin bro. I am not surprised. Attacked the RCB, LG, RG and RT as I thought you would. Shocked by the turnovers. Ryan and Free just gave yall the game. I expected and 18-16 game. 

Equal parts implosion by Atlanta and a solid effort by the Vikings.

I have no doubt the Falcons are better than what they showed today, and skeptical enough to have doubt that the Vikes, especially the run game, are THAT good.

And for the record, I was expecting 24-21 Vikings.....home field 3 point advantage.

Good luck the rest of the year.

1 hour ago, NCVIKE said:

Equal parts implosion by Atlanta and a solid effort by the Vikings.

I have no doubt the Falcons are better than what they showed today, and skeptical enough to have doubt that the Vikes, especially the run game, are THAT good.

And for the record, I was expecting 24-21 Vikings.....home field 3 point advantage.

Good luck the rest of the year.

Good having you, you are a good fan and poster.  Hope your injured guys do okay getting back into action.

Vikes looked like the professional team today.   Can't honestly say what the Falcons looked like without being banned, heh... uninterested would be a good start, maybe?

Like they say in that popular HBO show:  "We wish you good fortune, in the wars to come..."  

FYI a long time ago, before he ended up with the Vikings, John Randle was in a Falcons training camp under HC Jerry Glanville....