Falcons tweets 9/6/19

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are going to get our all 1st round offensive line!

11 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Yeah man, thats why im saying its just a personal feeling of mine. Idk any more than anyone else here.. But Falcons have been saying for over 6 months its very close. That in itself is a red flag imo

I understand how you feel on it, but I'm saying it's not a red flag since they said it would take time and we would need patience.

Just now, Falconcheff said:

Well, Reek signed for 18 mil...if that was the number for Julio it would have been done weeks ago, but it's not...

I dont believe it has anything to do with numbers at this point.. I imagine the Falcons have a pre existing injury clause in the contract effecting the guaranteed money in the deal and Julio probably wants it removed.. TD has said hes fine making Julio the highest paid wr in the league.. Its not about the money 

12 minutes ago, athell said:

I could watch this all day if it weren't for DLed's voice.  Does ANYONE on this team like this hack?  If you pissing off Julio...that says a lot...

D-Led is more interested in drumming up drama and making up crap for his bunk articles. Julio having NONE of it.

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I dont believe it has anything to do with numbers at this point.. I imagine the Falcons have a pre existing injury clause in the contract effecting the guaranteed money in the deal and Julio probably wants it removed.. TD has said hes fine making Julio the highest paid wr in the league.. Its not about the money 

It's always about the money.

Hate it for Gono. He played really well this preseason, he will be back though.

I aint sweating the Julio deal. It aint been an issue to this point, whatever is happening behind the scenes, history to this point from both sides says Julio will play.

Whatever the issue is, it's none of my or anyone elses business. I trust it will be worked out.

29 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

This contract has to go down in history with being one of the longest negotiating of all time. Cant say for sure, just have a feeling the Falcons organization is the hold up not Julio 

What's the rush? It's the same as the Grady contract. Deadlines create deals. They don't want to negotiate during the season. Well my friends, the season starts Sunday. There's your hard deadline. They're just using all of the time they have. 

52 minutes ago, vel said:

What's the rush? It's the same as the Grady contract. Deadlines create deals. They don't want to negotiate during the season. Well my friends, the season starts Sunday. There's your hard deadline. They're just using all of the time they have. 

All that plus freeing up cap space, which takes time in re-doing yet another player’s contract.

me thinks the Gio failure and having to bring the more expensive Bryant in is what has delayed Julio’s deal.  

2 minutes ago, vel said:

Exactly!

Plus, Jimmy Sexton is notorious for having deals done at the last minute.

I'd feel better with a deal done already, but until Julio refuses to play I have faith. I know with all the big contracts now on the roster, it needs to be structured very good to allow for the future not to be compromised.

Just now, Vandy said:

All that plus freeing up cap space, which takes time in redoing another player’s contract.

me thinks the Gio failure and bringing Bryant in delayed Julio’s Deal.  

To me, it wasn't about the money with Bryant alone, but also the work in scrambling to get Walsh in and try to build the bridge with Bryant. That certainly hurts the contract structure for a Julio extension some.

Jay Glazer had an experience on it in this thread.

They were working around the clock when he was doing laundry at the Falcons facility...this was a while back. So, it's not hard to imagine it gets worked out and the re-structures help bring everything into focus.

7 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Exactly!

Plus, Jimmy Sexton is notorious for having deals done at the last minute.

I'd feel better with a deal done already, but until Julio refuses to play I have faith. I know with all the big contracts now on the roster, it needs to be structured very good to allow for the future not to be compromised.

Make take exactly. As much as Julio deserves you can sacrifice the organization for years to come. 

9 minutes ago, dmo_dlo said:

What a ******** Bedwetter is. The more you think about it, it just reveals more what kind of a person you must be to write something like that.

I think Bedwetter may actually be literally mentally handicapped. 

EDIT: Lol I forgot Bedwetter was the made-up name we have for him. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot
38 minutes ago, stizz said:

It was first reported yesterday. How long has Julio's been reported?

No it was reported at least 6 months ago that they were working on a deal, and then all of Hill's legal issues came back around. They were going to sign him then but didn't know if he might find his way out of the league with his domestic abuse drama.

34 minutes ago, Vandy said:

All that plus freeing up cap space, which takes time in redoing yet another player’s contract.

me thinks the Gio failure and having to bring the more expensive Bryant in is what has delayed Julio’s deal.  

Exactly. They restructured contracts. That's not for nothing. They have framework. I think it's just the finer details at this point. I do lease negotiations all the time for work. I know when the clock is ticking, it's lax but once it gets tight, people start to give on things. It'll happen.