blkbigdog35

Falcons tweets 9/6/19

98 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, athell said:

First reported = / = first negotiated.

Couple months compared to a couple years though.

42 minutes ago, vel said:

What's the rush? It's the same as the Grady contract. Deadlines create deals. They don't want to negotiate during the season. Well my friends, the season starts Sunday. There's your hard deadline. They're just using all of the time they have. 

yeah, I'm not sweating Julio's deal.   Falcons are doing right by him and he knows it.   Falcons gave Julio money last year when they didn't have to.   Falcons are re-doing his deal w/ two years left on it - when they don't have to.  At least half the teams in the NFL would not have even entertained an extension with two years left when they didn't have to - especially with a player 30yrs old - this new deal will be better for Julio than the Falcons.

While Julio deserves - in theory - to be the highest paid, and likely will be - i believe the agent should have some grace and accomodation to the Falcons who could tell agent and Julio to pound sand - obviously they never would do that.

Ergo Proxy, vel, Drew4719 and 4 others like this

Julio is a falcon, will be a falcon, has 2 yrs on his contract, and will play. I will be so glad when the julio crap gets handled. Absolutely tired of every single thread being hijacked by julio bs. Like we don't have 52 other roster players. Can we just have one thread with all 4000 julio posts.

12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

yeah, I'm not sweating Julio's deal.   Falcons are doing right by him and he knows it.   Falcons gave Julio money last year when they didn't have to.   Falcons are re-doing his deal w/ two years left on it - when they don't have to.  At least half the teams in the NFL would not have even entertained an extension with two years left when they didn't have to - especially with a player 30yrs old - this new deal will be better for Julio than the Falcons.

While Julio deserves - in theory - to be the highest paid, and likely will be - i believe the agent should have some grace and accomodation to the Falcons who could tell agent and Julio to pound sand - obviously they never would do that.

Yep. All of this. It's all negotiations in good faith. Especially once Blank came out and said it'll get done. It will be done. If there is one player that I'd be willing to make this work for, it's Julio. He's changed the culture of Atlanta Falcons Football, along with Matt. He can't go anywhere and should be treated to one last deal. He'll get it. 

15 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Well said G-Dawg get it done and let’s watch some football.

1 hour ago, stizz said:

Tyreek Hill gets his deal in less than 24 hours. Jones still wondering what the hold up is.

Well when we’ve got Ryan DEbo Jarrett and Julio’s coming I don’t think there’s really anything to sweat is there.

If anything extension wise this would be some of the biggest player moves in the history of the game,paying 4 key guys the money there getting.Your accounting and structure has to be spot on with regards to how the jigsaw and years align and fit.

Tyreek Hill good for him Debo’s deal got done pretty quick.

KC don’t have the complications we have cap structure and money wise.

Drew4719, Vandy and g-dawg like this

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Well when we’ve got Ryan DEbo Jarrett and Julio’s coming I don’t think there’s really anything to sweat is there.

If anything extension wise this would be some of the biggest player moves in the history of the game,paying 4 key guys the money there getting.Your accounting and structure has to be spot on with regards to how the jigsaw and years align and fit.

Tyreek Hill good for him Debo’s deal got done pretty quick.

KC don’t have the complications we have cap structure and money wise.

that's right - probably the only players making any coin right now on KC roster is Honey Badger and Frank Clark and those two guys are brand new.....

Drew4719, Ergo Proxy, Vandy and 2 others like this

1 hour ago, TD_Lover said:

It was mentioned months ago man

But put on hold because of his possible legal stuff. Got reports of it being revisited yesterday and then boom, contract today. Julio no issues legally or no fussing and front office gives him lip service for two years.

2 minutes ago, stizz said:

But put on hold because of his possible legal stuff. Got reports of it being revisited yesterday and then boom, contract today. Julio no issues legally or no fussing and front office gives him lip service for two years.

The issues made it easier to sign Tyreek. They were talking 20+ a year before he had that **** hit the fan. Now he's cheap and cheap deals are easy deals.

g-dawg and KCFalcon22 like this

7 hours ago, athell said:

We are going to get our all 1st round offensive line!

:slick:

Like that falcon jersey. Is that something they only wear in practice? 

athell likes this

8 minutes ago, falconsrsuper said:

Like that falcon jersey. Is that something they only wear in practice? 

They look BA right?  Those were military appreciation week (or something) jerseys and I haven't seen them sold to the public or anywhere else :(

falconsrsuper and Ovie_Lover like this

5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

that's right - probably the only players making any coin right now on KC roster is Honey Badger and Frank Clark and those two guys are brand new.....

They will have a problem when they try to sign My-homie lol

20 hours ago, putnam6 said:

Supposedly its over the number of years, give him his 5 years, but the time #11 is in the last 2 years it will be a bargain again.

Give him his 5. Some of us posters who have done well can help chip in for the 5th year. Problem solved...play ball

16 hours ago, Romfal said:

D-Led would know socially awkward....

Kaleb seems cool and down to Earth when interviewed. If that's awkward most of us are awkward.  I'd like to hang with he guy and take him fishing. 

Vandy and Drew4719 like this

20 hours ago, Osiruz said:

As I said before Gono was expected to probably be the starter and Caleb Mcgary the swing. With him hurt McGary starts and Sombrero will be swing.

I love McGary but he could hardly catch his breath at the podium the other week Not his fault but I hope he has worked hard on his cardio