blkbigdog35

Falcons tweets 9/6/19

98 posts in this topic

Just now, athell said:

I disagree.  I just don't think that fits Julio or any of his offseason activities.  Zeke stayed away and held out.  Gordon is staying away and holding out.  If Julio was going to pull games, he would never have showed up in the first place imo.  I think he will play because I think there is something else going on under the hood that we don't know about.  Handshake agreements I'm sure are in place, sounds like both sides are working together, it's just a matter of time.  I am interested to hear, if we do hear (we probably won't), what the ultimate hold up was.

I was also under this impression especially because it doesn't jive with his actions thusfar.  But I do think we should be a little concerned, he was flip flopping a little yesterday and seemed frustrated.

I just wouldn't be surprised if it ended up going this way because at this point it is the only leverage he has moving forward if he's unhappy with the negotiations.  What other option does he have if what he's doing now doesn't get him where he wants to be?

athell likes this

Just now, TTU Falcon said:

I was also under this impression especially because it doesn't jive with his actions thusfar.  But I do think we should be a little concerned, he was flip flopping a little yesterday and seemed frustrated.

I just wouldn't be surprised if it ended up going this way because at this point it is the only leverage he has moving forward if he's unhappy with the negotiations.  What other option does he have if what he's doing now doesn't get him where he wants to be?

Yeah, I was listening to the presser and was like ummmmmmmm...this isn't good.  I think he is clearly and visually frustrated with the whole thing though and at this point is just giving lip service to the questions but who knows.  It did make me feel better that he followed up his "I don't know" with basically saying no, there is no chance he won't play and the whole "yea go with that" that he will.  I guess we are about to find out.

And you are right, his only leverage was to hold out...not show up...perhaps his "I don't know" was some media posturing to push the deal through and send a message to the brass.

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I love this hype video using Prime. Deion is all about swagger, where as the other guy (from last year) reeked of desperation.

blkbigdog35 likes this

30 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

As I said before Gono was expected to probably be the starter and Caleb Mcgary the swing. With him hurt McGary starts and Sombrero will be swing.

Quinn said ty is the swing of Gono was able to go

Ergo Proxy likes this

Just ******* pay Julio already. Julio is clearly tired of it and expected it to be done already. With all the **** drama going on with WRs across the league, we are blessed to have Julio. 

37 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

I love this hype video using Prime. Deion is all about swagger, where as the other guy (from last year) reeked of desperation.

Definitely liked Prime doing it.

27 minutes ago, athell said:

Oh man, I loved the dude from last year.  Those videos got me hyped more than the Deion one...

I liked that dude also.

athell likes this

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I have learned to never doubt willingness to play. That is what he was built for and wants to be the absolute best there ever was. I think he will play, have a big game and if the contract is not done prove what he is worth

athell, Ergo Proxy and blkbigdog35 like this

This is what grinds my *** about the whole contract situation.. This video is from 3/22 and team was saying they are very close.. Here it is 9/6 and honestly don't believe they are any closer.. I definitely could understand Julio’s frustration at this point with the team

TTU Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

I have learned to never doubt willingness to play. That is what he was built for and wants to be the absolute best there ever was. I think he will play, have a big game and if the contract is not done prove what he is worth

This contract has to go down in history with being one of the longest negotiating of all time. Cant say for sure, just have a feeling the Falcons organization is the hold up not Julio 

Flyin' In DC likes this

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

This contract has to go down in history with being one of the longest negotiating of all time. Cant say for sure, just have a feeling the Falcons organization is the hold up not Julio 

You have no idea if that's true. Everything is hearsay man. Don't go with a rumor in a blame game.

Falcons had to finish Debo and Grady first, btw...AND THEN had to re-structure.

They have ALWAYS said it would take time and would get done, but we'd need patience BECAUSE it was going to need to be at the right time.

blkbigdog35 likes this

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I am sure it is extremely delicate trying to give Julio what he deserves without hamstringing the organization in the future. This better be the most complex contract ever as long as it is taking

NeonDeion likes this

1 minute ago, Flyin' In DC said:

I am sure it is extremely delicate trying to give Julio what he deserves without hamstringing the organization in the future. This better be the most complex contract ever as long as it is taking

I cant imagine what could be so complex about it.. Unless the Falcons has a clause in the contract about Julios foot and the possibility of it being injured effecting the guaranteed money of the deal.. It has to be something about preexisting injuries thats holding the deal up imo

OrthoPTSD likes this

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

You have no idea if that's true. Everything is hearsay man. Don't go with a rumor in a blame game.

Falcons had to finish Debo and Grady first, btw...AND THEN had to re-structure.

They have ALWAYS said it would take time and would get done, but we'd need patience BECAUSE it was going to need to be at the right time.

Yeah man, thats why im saying its just a personal feeling of mine. Idk any more than anyone else here.. But Falcons have been saying for over 6 months its very close. That in itself is a red flag imo

athell likes this