blkbigdog35

Falcons tweets 9/6/19

98 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

And if it doesn't? Can someone give a straight answer? Lol

This is one of the most frustrating extensions I can remember.  We have been close now for months, allegedly deal done for months, and yet this is still a thing.  Julio looks frustrated, so either the FO is purposely dragging this out for cap purposes or they aren't bending over and giving him everything he wants.  Just want this to be over.  We are healthy, we are contenders, pay the man and let's go.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

This is one of the most frustrating extensions I can remember.  We have been close now for months, allegedly deal done for months, and yet this is still a thing.  Julio looks frustrated, so either the FO is purposely dragging this out for cap purposes or they aren't bending over and giving him everything he wants.  Just want this to be over.  We are healthy, we are contenders, pay the man and let's go.

I think it's reasonable to assume at this point that if the contract isn't done by Sunday there is a 50-50 chance Julio won't play.  Harder to stay classy when being a diva has resulted in getting paid, especially when he's been patiently waiting on this deal but, at least from an outsiders perspective, his new deal seemingly hasn't been treated as much of a priority.  

athell likes this

5 minutes ago, athell said:

Supposedly its over the number of years, give him his 5 years, but the time #11 is in the last 2 years it will be a bargain again.

4 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

Supposedly its over the number of years, give him his 5 years, but the time #11 is in the last 2 years it will be a bargain again.

This.

6 minutes ago, TTU Falcon said:

I think it's reasonable to assume at this point that if the contract isn't done by Sunday there is a 50-50 chance Julio won't play.  Harder to stay classy when being a diva has resulted in getting paid, especially when he's been patiently waiting on this deal but, at least from an outsiders perspective, his new deal seemingly hasn't been treated as much of a priority.  

I disagree.  I just don't think that fits Julio or any of his offseason activities.  Zeke stayed away and held out.  Gordon is staying away and holding out.  If Julio was going to pull games, he would never have showed up in the first place imo.  I think he will play because I think there is something else going on under the hood that we don't know about.  Handshake agreements I'm sure are in place, sounds like both sides are working together, it's just a matter of time.  I am interested to hear, if we do hear (we probably won't), what the ultimate hold up was.