caponine

Packers vs Bears

669 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

It's criminal they only gave Montgomery 6 carries. Not sure what they were thinking there. Tarik Cohen should have gotten more touches running as well as passing. Their gameplan was throw the ball to Allen Robinson 20 times lol. 

It was pathetic, did they hire Sark?

Nagy wants to establish the Bears as an offensive force, especially with the pass game. Cost them their first win.

The Bears looked just like us last year in the Philly game. Opening game of the year and we forced the ball to Julio over and over. Offense looked terrible that game. Then suddenly woke up the very next week. 

Just now, Jesus said:

Nagy wants to establish the Bears as an offensive force, especially with the pass game. Cost them their first win.

It's ********. Bears forged an identity last year and it worked for them, why change it up completely?

falconsd56 likes this

10 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Marquez-whatever-whatever looks pretty good actually. And their TEs are strong. Aaron almost never throws to Tight Ends historically but if they feature Graham more he is still a top receiving TE despite clearly not being in his prime. Still, I'm also not too scared of the Pack. Going up against one of the top defenses on the road week 1 makes it tough to judge, but their o-line looked all sorts of awful. We'll see next week if it was purely a product of going against the Bears or not. 

I'm not saying they're a team to fear but they will be tough. They played a borderline great defense last night. I don't expect many teams to shine against that defense at all this year

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I'm not saying they're a team to fear but they will be tough. They played a borderline great defense last night. I don't expect many teams to shine against that defense at all this year

Oh I agree. As of right now they look like a lock to make the playoffs IMO. A road win in Chicago is a road win in Chicago no matter how ugly. 

ya_boi_j likes this

6 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Oh I agree. As of right now they look like a lock to make the playoffs IMO. A road win in Chicago is a road win in Chicago no matter how ugly. 

I don't see anyone  that can challenge them for the NFC North title. Chicago and Minny will fight but Chicago gets the wild card IMO

12 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The Bears looked just like us last year in the Philly game. Opening game of the year and we forced the ball to Julio over and over. Offense looked terrible that game. Then suddenly woke up the very next week. 

But we atleast moved the ball pretty regularly....the bears .... Not so much

12 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

It's ********. Bears forged an identity last year and it worked for them, why change it up completely?

It's same reason as to why he goes out and signs tiny fast receivers. He wants to recreate the success he had in KC.

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

But we atleast moved the ball pretty regularly....the bears .... Not so much

We also have a way better quarterback and offense altogether. But our plan was pretty awful

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

We also have a way better quarterback and offense altogether. But our plan was pretty awful

Ehh I disagree.

Had the execution been there....I think the plan would have been fine.

Ryan missed some open throws and we missed some key blocks at key times

12 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Ehh I disagree.

Had the execution been there....I think the plan would have been fine.

Ryan missed some open throws and we missed some key blocks at key times

We targeted Julio 19 times in that game man. Coleman was targeted twice. His 1 catch? Went for 26 yards. Ridley and Sanu had 6 targets combined. That’s just not our offense. Ryan looked bad and the playcalling looked worse

ya_boi_j likes this

27 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

We targeted Julio 19 times in that game man. Coleman was targeted twice. His 1 catch? Went for 26 yards. Ridley and Sanu had 6 targets combined. That’s just not our offense. Ryan looked bad and the playcalling looked worse

Those numbers were more than gamelan.

I showed a gif last year after that game of Ryan passing up a wide open Sanu for an easy 1st down against a zero blitz to throw a seven route 20 yards downfield to Julio that got picked off. And got told I was seeing what I wanted to see.

That wasn’t playcalling. There were some questionable calls in that game but it wasn’t the playcalling that had the number scewed that much.

Edited by PeytonMannings Forehead
falconsd56, Ovie_Lover and Drew4719 like this

39 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

God I hope the Falcons don't disappoint Sunday. The internet remains undefeated lol

69842649-10219688590143162-2449274842222

OTA's, Training Camp and 4 or 5 pre-season games and teams look like this pretty regularly starting the season. The NFL product is piss poor for the first few games not even mentioning the mass of penalties, many of which are not penalties at all. The games are unwatchable in the beginning of the season the last few years. Not sure what could be done to change that.

ya_boi_j and Boise Falcon Fan like this

1 hour ago, vel said:

He looked like Danny Etling. 

Lol but seriously. He looked bad. So did Nagy. He's avoiding a lot of talk, but that gameplan was disgusting. To have all summer. Open up the season and you throw the ball 45 times in a one score game and Trubisky was looking like that? Stupid. They deserved that loss. Didn't help their defense at all. 

Not the kind of football you're going to want in Chicago, considering the weather that will be coming.  Hired the wrong guy as the HC.

18 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Those numbers were more than gamelan.

I showed a gif last year after that game of Ryan passing up a wide open Sanu for an easy 1st down against a zero blitz to throw a seven route 20 yards downfield to Julio that got picked off. And got told I was seeing what I wanted to see.

That wasn’t playcalling. There were some questionable calls in that game but it wasn’t the playcalling that had the number scewed that much.

That's that's not normal Ryan behavior, 90 to 95% of the time, he takes the throw to Sanu. He's had some of his worst games against the eagles.  Think having a great Oline will help that, not sure if the OLine will be great by the second game.

6 hours ago, FalconsZone7 said:

Can it grandpa before I hide your arthritis medicine

Then, I’ll have to have your Ritalin and Adderall stopped! It clearly ain’t working. Else, you would not be on here trying social media suicide with true Falcon fans with your tripe.

But, the good thing is, your attention seeking snarky comments will soon give way to reason, and you’ll adjust accordingly. You’ll adapt, we all did! 

2 minutes ago, falconidae said:

That's that's not normal Ryan behavior, 90 to 95% of the time, he takes the throw to Sanu. He's had some of his worst games against the eagles.  Think having a great Oline will help that, not sure if the OLine will be great by the second game.

Absolutely. Also, Philly’s gameplan had a lot to do with that. Schwartz took the opposite approach that a lot of teams do who double Julio off the bus. He pretty much let Julio get his and rolled the coverage to the other side until we got to the red zone, then he started throwing all kinds of brackets around JJ. 

Now that’s where the playcalling came up short. Sark didn’t have an answer for that.

I’m gonna try my best to not trip out over anything I see through September — fingers crossed. Can’t think of a worse two teams to roll out a new offensive line against though. I’m cautiously optimistic though because of Mack. A great center can make up for a multitude of sins.

falconidae, Drew4719, vel and 1 other like this