caponine

Packers vs Bears

669 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

You’re gonna get sloppy offensive play when your starters don’t play much in pre season. Defenses usually start seasons ahead of offenses. 

Bruh that was just bad. I don't get them thinking Trubisky was good enough to not have to play preseason to begin with but even then, that looked like they weren't even practicing that hard. 

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar type game between us and the Vikings on Sunday. Sloppy offense and good plays by defense, you know, due to sloppy offense.

The Falcons haven't had that kind of pass rush in years.

If the Vikings can apply the type of pressure the Packers or Bears did... it's going to be a long game.

I just hope Koetter doesn't get screen happy again.

3 hours ago, FalconsZone7 said:

You can only play whose in front of you. And with all things considered that Green bay defense did what they were suppose to do. They looked good. And how soon we forget against a lesser QB with less offensive weapons, our vaunted 2017 falcons defense gave up more points than GB did last night. 

I know that. 

That wasn’t my point.

roguebeaver likes this

3 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The Falcons haven't had that kind of pass rush in years.

If the Vikings can apply the type of pressure the Packers or Bears did... it's going to be a long game.

I just hope Koetter doesn't get screen happy again.

If Matt is not erratic like Mitchell was and our receivers catch the ball like the bears didn't then we will be ok.

Robinson was open...ALOT. As were other guys but bad throws or drops killed momentum.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

If Matt is not erratic like Mitchell was and our receivers catch the ball like the bears didn't then we will be ok.

Robinson was open...ALOT. As were other guys but bad throws or drops killed momentum.

Yep. Robinson was waving his hand a lot to get attention from Trubisky to throw the ball wide open. GB DL looks good but their secondary has big question marks.

I think we compete or potentially beat both teams. Especially if they run through the Dome in the playoffs 

Cues Bone Crusher - “Never Scared”

1 hour ago, FalconsZone7 said:

Neither I just hate stupid ppl. 

Lol I bet I know where you came from. The "Can it grandpa before I hide your arthritis medicine" was pretty funny though. I haven't heard "Can it" in a very long time.

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

You’re gonna get sloppy offensive play when your starters don’t play much in pre season. Defenses usually start seasons ahead of offenses. 

Watching the Rams is going to be interesting then.

1 hour ago, vel said:

Bruh that was just bad. I don't get them thinking Trubisky was good enough to not have to play preseason to begin with but even then, that looked like they weren't even practicing that hard. 

Man 42-year-old Tom Brady played a full quarter at least in preseason. 40-year-old Drew Brees played. Ryan played and got pummeled. These other guys don't have any excuse.

Drew4719 and vel like this

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

And we're not playing the Packers but that wasn't my point.

The Vikings front 4 is a bit of a known commodity.  

The Falcons have questions when it comes to the trenches.  Yes there were promising signs in pre-season but that's pre-season.  And yes Matt will be light years better than Mitchey Trebiski.

So it will be interesting to see how the Falcons play because historically the defense gets off to slow starts.

4 minutes ago, No.11 said:

Man 42-year-old Tom Brady played a full quarter at least in preseason. 40-year-old Drew Brees played. Ryan played and got pummeled. These other guys don't have any excuse.

None! Not the QB. I don't agree with Collinsworth much, but when Trubisky was getting those delay of games, you see it plain as day how missing PS impacted him. 

No.11 and Drew4719 like this

15 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Green Bay. I don’t trust the Bears offense

Wish I didn't trust them either. Thought the defense would be lights out, and the offense would do just enough to win. Boy was I wrong.

ya_boi_j likes this

1 hour ago, vel said:

True. Trubisky just looked erratic, and not because of lack of preseason play.  He was missing by 10 - 15 yards at times. Guy has a gun, but he is all over the place. He's not the kind of QB that they need. With that Defense, they just need a game manager.  Trubisky looks like he's going to make too many mistakes.  I thought he got lucky a bunch of times, and with the high throws he kept missing on, he's going to get his receivers killed.

vel likes this

Just now, Boise Falcon Fan said:

True. Trubisky just looked erratic, and not because of lack of preseason play.  He was missing by 10 - 15 yards at times. Guy has a gun, but he is all over the place. He's not the kind of QB that they need. With that Defense, they just need a game manager.  Trubisky looks like he's going to make too many mistakes.  I thought he got lucky a bunch of times, and with the high throws he kept missing on, he's going to get his receivers killed.

He looked like Danny Etling. 

Lol but seriously. He looked bad. So did Nagy. He's avoiding a lot of talk, but that gameplan was disgusting. To have all summer. Open up the season and you throw the ball 45 times in a one score game and Trubisky was looking like that? Stupid. They deserved that loss. Didn't help their defense at all. 

22 minutes ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

Wish I didn't trust them either. Thought the defense would be lights out, and the offense would do just enough to win. Boy was I wrong.

Green Bay's defense improved with just a few key additions. Once their offense completely comes together, they're going to be a tough opponent as they were years ago.

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Green Bay's defense improved with just a few key additions. Once their offense completely comes together, they're going to be a tough opponent as they were years ago.

I'm still not sold on the Pack. That offense is weak. Outside of Rodgers and Adams, they still lack weapons. Graham will be good here and there, but they aren't good and I'm not convinced LaFleur will have it clicking.

Ovie_Lover and Drew4719 like this

1 minute ago, vel said:

I'm still not sold on the Pack. That offense is weak. Outside of Rodgers and Adams, they still lack weapons. Graham will be good here and there, but they aren't good and I'm not convinced LaFleur will have it clicking.

That's on LaFleur to develop the other players. Once he and Rodgers can get on the same page, I think they're going to be okay. Last night Adams was drawing some double and triple teams so that's going to open the door for the other guys. LaFleur and Rodgers have to trust them in order for them to prove themselves

2 hours ago, vel said:

Yea it was. Aaron was rusty but you could see when he started cooking. Trubisky isn’t that good or experienced enough to not play in pre season. 

vel, Dr Long Shot and Drew4719 like this

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That's on LaFleur to develop the other players. Once he and Rodgers can get on the same page, I think they're going to be okay. Last night Adams was drawing some double and triple teams so that's going to open the door for the other guys. LaFleur and Rodgers have to trust them in order for them to prove themselves

Marquez-whatever-whatever looks pretty good actually. And their TEs are strong. Aaron almost never throws to Tight Ends historically but if they feature Graham more he is still a top receiving TE despite clearly not being in his prime. Still, I'm also not too scared of the Pack. Going up against one of the top defenses on the road week 1 makes it tough to judge, but their o-line looked all sorts of awful. We'll see next week if it was purely a product of going against the Bears or not. 

2 hours ago, vel said:

That scramble he did on 4th down was a head scratcher for sure. It's 4th down, put a jump ball up or something, but that scramble didn't even come close.

Drew4719 and vel like this

22 minutes ago, vel said:

He looked like Danny Etling. 

Lol but seriously. He looked bad. So did Nagy. He's avoiding a lot of talk, but that gameplan was disgusting. To have all summer. Open up the season and you throw the ball 45 times in a one score game and Trubisky was looking like that? Stupid. They deserved that loss. Didn't help their defense at all. 

It's criminal they only gave Montgomery 6 carries. Not sure what they were thinking there. Tarik Cohen should have gotten more touches running as well as passing. Their gameplan was throw the ball to Allen Robinson 20 times lol. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot
Drew4719 and WhenFalconsWin like this

11 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

True words.  And the expectations for GB are a year ahead of schedule, assuming LaFleur works out.  It took Atlanta a year to adjust.  And while GB ran a WCO, it wasn’t very similar to the Shanny/McCay tree.  There will be an adjustment period