HolyMoses

Nice read as we await news of Julio's Deal and Antonio Brown's Suspension

35 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

Most Atlanta Falcons fans will agree that Julio Jones does not get the respect that he deserves. During his eight-year NFL career, Julio is on pace to shatter most of the receiving records held by the legendary Jerry Rice.

In his eight years, Julio has led the league in receptions once, receiving yards twice, and yards per game three times. He is the only receiver in the history of the game to have multiple 300-yard receiving games, he is the NFL all-time leader in yards per game and he has missed an entire season’s worth of games.

Sure, some people claim Antonio Brown has better hands or runs better routes (he doesn’t) and claim that he is the best receiver in the league (he isn’t) but what people cannot claim is that Antonio Brown is a more complete receiver.

I agree. There is nothing AB does that's better than Julio. If Julio played for any other team, he'd be considered the best far more often, but because the Falcons aren't a storied franchise and don't have drama issues he doesn't get the same hype from the media.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

Ok I'm a Falcons fan,but some of you guys are delusional I understand ab is a headache,but Julio is not better than him and those who keep saying so do not know football. Check the highlights bro,CHECK THE STATS.Stop trying to down play AB anyone with an ounce of common Sense knows he's slightly better than Julio,the numbers prove it,the highlights,and last time I checked it AB Never had a season where he had trouble scoring in the redzone,yea remember that with Julio last season. AB didn't drop a wide open td pass against the Panthers.Glad we have Julio he's a better teAm player,but he is not a better receiver than brown,FACTZ BRUH!

2 hours ago, Atlwings said:

Ok I'm a Falcons fan,but some of you guys are delusional I understand ab is a headache,but Julio is not better than him and those who keep saying so do not know football. Check the highlights bro,CHECK THE STATS.Stop trying to down play AB anyone with an ounce of common Sense knows he's slightly better than Julio,the numbers prove it,the highlights,and last time I checked it AB Never had a season where he had trouble scoring in the redzone,yea remember that with Julio last season. AB didn't drop a wide open td pass against the Panthers.Glad we have Julio he's a better teAm player,but he is not a better receiver than brown,FACTZ BRUH!

julio is better because you get similar production with zero headaches. 

3 hours ago, Atlwings said:

LOL

Another butthurt AB apologist.

Ask 32 GM’s who’d they rather have as a more valuable player.  I’ll wait while you pull ur head out of ur ***.

Your boy AB just got grounded like a little teenage girl.  That’s what happens when you’re too stupid to keep that mouth shut & swallow that pride.  

Epic fail.  AB not looking so good yet again.

Julio is the man.  

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

17 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Hearing once Raiders suspend AB, they will be able to void his contract and will probably be moving on from AB.. Anyone see another nfl team willing to sign AB? 

He'll end up going to the Saints.

All I’m saying is that you can’t simply separate AB’s head from his body when discussing a player.

The mental part of the NFL game is equally important.  It’s a bigtime team sport where leadership does matter.  Selfishness has no place & only has negative impacts on team members & coaches who are dedicated to one another.

When ignorant, selfish diva players demand so much coddling & attention, it saps the life out of the others who are more dedicated to the well being of the team.

Sure it’s a business too but handling your biz professionally is an important dynamic.

I respect his incredible physical prowess & admit he’s always in excellent condition & performs at a level of greatness. However, he’s killing himself along with his image when he remains incapable of being a team builder.

When evaluating he & Julio, you don’t pretend the head isn’t attached.  You compare the entire physical & mental strength & character & what that means to a team.  Julio is superior when you account for his blocking, his leadership and his strong mind. 

Julio is the the better man & the better overall player imho.

falken likes this