HolyMoses

Nice read as we await news of Julio's Deal and Antonio Brown's Suspension

35 posts in this topic

Antonio Brown reminds everyone he isn’t on Julio Jones level

by Jeff Benedict1 hour ago Follow @jben1980

As the Atlanta Falcons and star wide receiver Julio Jones enter the final stages of a new contract, we are reminded yet again why Julio is the best receiver in the league.

By now you have heard the news, the Raiders are going to suspend Antonio Brown for going after Raiders general manager Mike Mayock. This is just another stain on the reputation for a player that many have long claimed to be better than Julio Jones.

Most Atlanta Falcons fans will agree that Julio Jones does not get the respect that he deserves. During his eight-year NFL career, Julio is on pace to shatter most of the receiving records held by the legendary Jerry Rice.

In his eight years, Julio has led the league in receptions once, receiving yards twice, and yards per game three times. He is the only receiver in the history of the game to have multiple 300-yard receiving games, he is the NFL all-time leader in yards per game and he has missed an entire season’s worth of games.

As great as Julio is on the field, he is an even better person off the field. He doesn’t attack teammates, he doesn’t tweet about being unhappy and doesn’t go after Thomas Dimitroff because his feelings got hurt.

Sure, some people claim Antonio Brown has better hands or runs better routes (he doesn’t) and claim that he is the best receiver in the league (he isn’t) but what people cannot claim is that Antonio Brown is a more complete receiver.

Receivers are considered the divas of the NFL and Julio Jones has never been that type of player; he has always understood that he can make people great and takes pride in knowing he helped accomplish something bigger than himself.

As his contract gets finalized over the next week or month, take time to appreciate the man that wears number 11 and rejoice that we do not have to deal with Antonio Brown. Not all talent is worth the headache.

My Favorite Julio Jones Play EVER at @2:45  Seriously.

JJ= True professional and class act!!

AB= probably as good on the field as JJ, but a media liability. Classless, selfish and unprofessional. 

We are glad Julio is ours! AB is going to be watching football in his theater at home while JJ is making the $$ plays!!

sdogg likes this

7 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Hearing once Raiders suspend AB, they will be able to void his contract and will probably be moving on from AB.. Anyone see another nfl team willing to sign AB? 

Plenty of them but it depends on how much he wants.

If he wants crazy money then not many teams.  If he's willing to take a prove it deal.... Every other team in the division for starters....

NeonDeion and ⚡Slumerican⚡ like this

My all time favorite Julio Jones play almost went completely unnoticed.

People remember the dominant game Jones had against the Packers in the 2016 Playoffs.  The Packers were banged up and the best they had to match up with Julio was some guy who had been 2nd or 3rd string, so it was never going to be pretty.  (Edit:  It was Ladarius Gunter, who might have actually been off the street.)

The first play of the game was (of course) an off tackle hand off to Freeman.  Nothing Special.

But when I rewatched the game (Hey, it was a GREAT game!) something caught my eye.  There was a Packer D-back in the screen and suddenly he was flying OUT of the screen.  

Julio had just trucked the snot out of they guy in a perfectly legal but devastating block on an otherwise innocuous running play.  If you watch the rest of the game, you can tell from the dude's body language that he just wanted to get out of there and have as little to do with Julio Jones as possible.

It was glorious.

I posted it above, but here it is at 2:45

Butudontseeme™ likes this

24 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Hearing once Raiders suspend AB, they will be able to void his contract and will probably be moving on from AB.. Anyone see another nfl team willing to sign AB? 

I would say cowboys but pretty sure they don’t have the cap space at this point. Maybe he goes back home to Miami? 

If everything being said is 100% truth, what makes you guys think some other team instantly scoops him up if they choose to void his contract. IMO he’s literally talking and acting his way out of the league. Not to mention he would have full say in his next spot if anyone is even interested 

⚡Slumerican⚡ and Drew4719 like this

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If everything being said is 100% truth, what makes you guys think some other team instantly scoops him up if they choose to void his contract. IMO he’s literally talking and acting his way out of the league. Not to mention he would have full say in his next spot if anyone is even interested 

That’s what I think should happen. But I could still see a team being stupid/desperate/delusional enough to give him one last chance. A lot of those teams though don’t have the cap space. 

Drew4719 likes this

2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

That’s what I think should happen. But I could still see a team being stupid/desperate/delusional enough to give him one last chance. A lot of those teams though don’t have the cap space. 

I doubt the few that do won’t attempt. Buffalo is the only other team to my knowledge to try and trade for him. I doubt they would reach out after what he did regarding him. New England is the only place I can think of and he wouldn’t get top dollar. 

18 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I doubt the few that do won’t attempt. Buffalo is the only other team to my knowledge to try and trade for him. I doubt they would reach out after what he did regarding him. New England is the only place I can think of and he wouldn’t get top dollar. 

There's always someone desperate enough. For some of these GMs/HCs, they're fired at season's end if nothing changes anyway, so it's worth the risk to them, just in hope that anything positive could happen.

papachaz and Drew4719 like this

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

There's always someone desperate enough. For some of these GMs/HCs, they're fired at season's end if nothing changes anyway, so it's worth the risk to them, just in hope that anything positive could happen.

In his situation I’d hope the owner has some say. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Man, I had to go look up the details when I saw this thread (it was the same for me and his helmet stuff, which I didn't know about).

This is grade A LOL right here. AB becoming the NFL Clown is plenty good entertainment. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

In his situation I’d hope the owner has some say. 

Maybe, but there's also some owners who'd rather have the bad publicity than nothing. At least people would be paying attention to their team.

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

Maybe, but there's also some owners who'd rather have the bad publicity than nothing. At least people would be paying attention to their team.

Where are they? Don’t say Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones either

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Somebody will. I can see the Cowboys or Patriots since they seem to love diva players. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Antonio is his own worst enemy.  You know...I remember when he was at Central Michigan.  I remember thinking he would be a nice WR for the Falcons to draft in the 4th or 5th round.  He was a good player, but relative unknown to most.  

It may just be that his profile back then wasn't high enough, but the success and fame has definitely gone to his head.  Of course we saw it happening.  The fact that he has social media and a platform has been a negative for him.  So you are a superstar, great, enjoy it.  Use it for good or just live your life.  Don't use it to cause as many waves as you can.  Some people are just not happy.  Very definition of a malcontent.

If the Raiders (of all franchises) suspend him and get from under his contract, more power to them.  I can excuse the injury to his feet.  The helmet stuff, no sir.  Not after you have missed time with your feet which is your own doing.  Now an argument with your team's general manager (your boss)?  Kick rock, sit on the streets with no income and then tell me how important that helmet move was.  Some org will be willing to bring him in, but a guy like that who seems to not appreciate anything, even his own teammates at time (JuJu), I can't have a cancer like that around.  He has officially "jumped the shark"

Anyone who couldn’t quite manage to appreciate the truth of this article & appreciate what JJ means to our organization & appreciate not having to deal with this horrific, ignorant & selfish AB behavior might want to examine your logic imo.  

I guess, to some, you just got to protect that type of ATTITUDE you see from that diva AB... is that it?  Please help me understand?

I counted 3 likes including myself.  To me that’s strange... Trying to figure out why I guess.  What’s not to like in an article  casting our JJ in a good light & showing AB for who he is?

Is it OK for JJ to not have that attitude? Or is he supposed to act all angry against the world? I’m completely lost here. :shrug:

papachaz likes this

3 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

For someone in this situation, I'd say the most likely landing spot would be with the Raiders . . . oops.

Patriots will try him out and cut his *** if he doesn’t get in line with BB.