Falcons-Vikings Practice Notes 9/5

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hopefully it’s the beginning of dynasty of Nasty Right side of the OL with Lindstorm and McGary.

2 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Sounds great, so Gono is the presumed starter and Caleb is the swing. Sounds like the Freeman/ Coleman situation a few years back with Coleman being the presumed starter and Freeman earning the position.  

what lol he literally said Ty is the swing...KALEB is starting if Gono cant go because of his back...reading can be hard:tiphat:

1 hour ago, Falconcheff said:

So, I might be in the minority here in remembering that Kaleb McGary played against some very elite talent just 9 months ago in the Rose Bowl against Ohio State in January.  I don't think he's going to be as overwhelmed as some think...I mean...The Rose Bowl...just 9 months ago he was battling some of the best the College game had to offer...then last week he went out and completely DOMINATED the NFL's lesser talent...it's not like we're bringing in a McDonald's cashier to suddenly play RT for us...

Now, I'm certainly not taking the Vikes lightly or comparing their DL to Ohio State's or Jax's preseason DL's, but...I'd be willing to bet that McGary AS HE IS is right now better than the other two RT's on the team...

I think people are forgetting that he's going up against NFL talent in practice.  He probably has reps going against speed guys like Vic and more powerful guys like Takk.  He's had stunts and blitz pickups thrown at him during practice against quality NFL players.

2 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

what lol he literally said Ty is the swing...KALEB is starting if Gono cant go because of his back...reading can be hard:tiphat:

That's right, but had he been able to go Caleb would be the swing. Make sense? This means when Gono is healthy we can expect either he or Caleb to start and the other to be the backup. :tiphat:

1 hour ago, Diggable Birds said:

Naw he was never the starter, It was always Freemans job until the injuries. Teco never did it for me great complimentary back but as a starter …. Hard pass

Well what happened was Free was the starter and got hurt in pre season and couldn’t play so Coleman passed him on the depth chart so he started the season. Then he got hurt and free came in and did his thing and took the job back and never let it go. 

4 hours ago, octoslash said:

McGary being a raw rook with almost zero game time, against the Viking front? 

And the only probable alternative being Ty?

I'd wager Koetter's game plan is being dramatically tweaked as we speak.  

Yeah the original game plan has been kicked in the doodads, set on fire, and thrown over a cliff lmao

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

DLed pissed coz Julio not wearing Bow tie.

2 hours ago, Fiddlin John's Ghost said:

He is the drama queen.....

I kind of hate to say this, but if that guy was to get a lesson in humility via being pimp slapped with a cast iron skillet, I would kind of be overjoyed. In fact, if I could afford the plane ticket right now, I would consider taking one for the team and doing it myself. That gloppy little homunculus is just unbearable.

35 minutes ago, falconidae said:

A reporter only wants drama when he can't get a real story  with his own efforts.

Exactly.

Dled dont come off as a dude that likes sports....at all. He comes off as a dude who was put in the sports section because he didnt make the cut to write news stories.

4 hours ago, vel said:

He's out there

And so are the geezers who are soooo tired of Falcon Failure (FF.)

So keep your women and children safe during and maybe after the game in case of FF.

And as usual lock your cars.

@papachaz, @Vandy @RING OF HONOR, @HASHBROWN3 @PokerSteve @Boise Falcon Fan

@ya_boi_j @Ezekiel 25:17