Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hurry_Up_And_Buy

Do the Falcons ALWAYS pay top dollar?

I'm just asking this out of curiosity because we're about to have almost 7 different positions being paid Top-5 money and the Atlanta market is probably one of the smaller markets in the NFL I'm sure. Dimitrioff and co must be doing a masterful job at balancing the cap because paying QB, RB & WO Top-5 money at the same time is usually not a good sign of cap management imo. Obviously I'm not the guy being paid to do it so I wouldn't know exactly but for our market to be what it is WHY DOES THIS FRANCHISE CONSTANTLY MAKE HEADLINES WHEN PAYDAYS COME ABOUT? I mean new Falcons player contracts make national news on the regular more than most franchises to my knowledge and WE AREN'T A TOP 10 MARKET! What gives?

6 minutes ago, Fiddlin John's Ghost said:

This is the case because it stirs a reaction amongst it's readership, which in turn makes the media money whether said reaction is good or bad.

Plus, the media is used in an age old game called divide and conquer. Their puppet masters tell them to post subjects to keep us arguing about stuff that dont matter so we dont pay attention about stuff that does.

Take the NFL for instance. There are constantly stories posted detailing how many millions this player got in his new contract. This stirs up the fanbase of that team(Julio), some of which end up in frothing hate. This stirs up the fanbases of other teams thinking their guy is better, or if they lose a player because of money. Then there are the haters out there who just cannot stand to see anyone else succeed in life because theirs sucks.

Meanwhile, no one pays attention to the fact that the same media that posted said story made more money on that player than the player did.

How many times you been at the water cooler on a Monday morning and heard Joe Blowe say "OMFG the CEO of Fox got a 10 million dollar bonus"?

Meanwhile yet another "I think we should pay our military the same as football players make" meme is posted on facebook.

I am a veteran. Aint no amount of money worth dying or killing over. Not to me.

Anyway, I get your point, a point I might add that has been dragged through the mud here more than a fat girl at a mudbog.

Dimi has been here since 2008. Over 10 years. NOT ONCE has money or the cap been an issue. Dimi has more than proved, to me anyway, that he has this cap thing down pat. What more does he have to do to ease the fans mind on this subject?

Holy froth!!! Awesome post!!!

15 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

I'm just asking this out of curiosity because we're about to have almost 7 different positions being paid Top-5 money and the Atlanta market is probably one of the smaller markets in the NFL I'm sure. Dimitrioff and co must be doing a masterful job at balancing the cap because paying QB, RB & WO Top-5 money at the same time is usually not a good sign of cap management imo. Obviously I'm not the guy being paid to do it so I wouldn't know exactly but for our market to be what it is WHY DOES THIS FRANCHISE CONSTANTLY MAKE HEADLINES WHEN PAYDAYS COME ABOUT? I mean new Falcons player contracts make national news on the regular more than most franchises to my knowledge and WE AREN'T A TOP 10 MARKET! What gives?

Do you understand how the NFL works?

Atlanta is NOT one of the smaller markets in the NFL.  Places like Jacksonville, Green Bay, New Orleans, Buffalo, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, and and Kansas City are at the bottom of that list.

There's this thing in the NFL called revenue sharing.  Basically all the profits from ticket sales, merchandising, and the TV deals are split evenly among all teams.

Here's something from Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/briangoff/2017/04/20/nfl-small-market-problem-is-overblown/#281a06ce68f8

Or you can go by this:

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-market-size-nfl-mlb-nhl-nielsen-ratings/

But how can the Falcons have a bigger market than the Packers and Saints, you ask?  Basically just go with the population size of the city or you can do like this guy did and use a 75 mile radius but the Chargers and Rams are going to be higher since they're in LA now.

7 minutes ago, Fiddlin John's Ghost said:

This is the case because it stirs a reaction amongst it's readership, which in turn makes the media money whether said reaction is good or bad.

Plus, the media is used in an age old game called divide and conquer. Their puppet masters tell them to post subjects to keep us arguing about stuff that dont matter so we dont pay attention about stuff that does.

Take the NFL for instance. There are constantly stories posted detailing how many millions this player got in his new contract. This stirs up the fanbase of that team(Julio), some of which end up in frothing hate. This stirs up the fanbases of other teams thinking their guy is better, or if they lose a player because of money. Then there are the haters out there who just cannot stand to see anyone else succeed in life because theirs sucks.

Meanwhile, no one pays attention to the fact that the same media that posted said story made more money on that player than the player did.

How many times you been at the water cooler on a Monday morning and heard Joe Blowe say "OMFG the CEO of Fox got a 10 million dollar bonus"?

Meanwhile yet another "I think we should pay our military the same as football players make" meme is posted on facebook.

Anyway, I get your point, a point I might add that has been dragged through the mud here more than a fat girl at a mudbog.

Dimi has been here since 2008. Over 10 years. NOT ONCE has money or the cap been an issue. Dimi has more than proved, to me anyway, that he has this cap thing down pat. What more does he have to do to ease the fans mind on this subject?

This is a fantastic take. 

9 minutes ago, Fiddlin John's Ghost said:

This is the post of the offseason. Nicely done man

10 minutes ago, Fiddlin John's Ghost said:

This should end it but it won't. 

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Holy froth!!! Awesome post!!!

2 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

This is a fantastic take. 

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Just pointing out truths from 52 years of life experience.

Be sure to tip the bar staff and waitresses.

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

This is the post of the offseason. Nicely done man

Thank you.

Just now, TD_Lover said:

This should end it but it won't. 

Yeah, I know. I talk too much.

LOLO..You're right...it wont. Sad that the world is full of small people(Not physically small)with small minds, but it is what it is.

1 minute ago, VTCrunkler said:

Wisdom is on short supply and of great need here. Keep on spreading it. 

Do my best my man. God didnt bless me with many gifts, but I try to share the ones he did bless me with.

That is one sweet ride in your sig. That a big block car?

5 minutes ago, Fiddlin John's Ghost said:

Thank you.

Yeah, I know. I talk too much.

LOLO..You're right...it wont. Sad that the world is full of small people(Not physically small)with small minds, but it is what it is.

We have Deion Jones the third or so richest contract and we get threads like this.

2 minutes ago, TD_Lover said:

We have Deion Jones the third or so richest contract and we get threads like this.

I know, right? And anyone that watched the disaster on defense without him last year has to realize his value.

It's really sad that after the years of suck us falcon fans have endured....the years that even when we drafted talent...we couldn't keep them. Or couldn't find free agents to come here no matter how much money we offered. It's really sad that the falcons organization has finally gotten it's act together and drafted a core group of players that not only have the physical talent but also have the right mentality and all some folks can do is focus on money.

Again, small people.

1 hour ago, Fiddlin John's Ghost said:

State line lol according to one of our fan favourites.

On a serious note the only thing he hasn’t done as a GM is win it all.He’s done everything else so like you mention he’ll always be held to account until he does.

8 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Atlanta is NOT one of the smaller markets in the NFL.  Places like Jacksonville, Green Bay, New Orleans, Buffalo, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, and and Kansas City are at the bottom of

This list is off big time.  Charlotte is tiny compared to Atlanta, and Houston is a top 5 metro.  Some of the areas they lumped together are downright hilarious.

2 hours ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

We are a top ten market. Matter of fact we’re #7. 

2 hours ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Trying to teach Arthur Blank how to do business? Really?

Edited by LouDog