Jump to content

my thoughts on our D line


jdawg4876
 Share

Recommended Posts

first off I dont think we have a dominant player on the line, I dont think vic will turn back into the 16 Vic, and I think takk will be cutting his dreads off at the end of the yr. While I know that sentence sounds negative it is actually not bc while I dont think we have a dominant player on the line, I do think we got a dominant line as a whole. I think we are 7 guys deep that can get you between 4 and 8 sacks this yr and if you just take the medium of that which is six, that is 42 sacks coming from the line alone. For yrs we had Abe and nothing much else and that did not work. Im super pumped with what we might can do this yr.  

 

Image result for clayborn dallas sack gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hear you. I am in the fence on that sack number honestly. My gut says 8-12 sacks this year from him.

 I think it is totally possible as he has improved there each year and had 6 last year in a season when he missed time and played beat up early in the year. Really would have had 7 if you take away a bogus call against CAR that negated a sack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I hear you. I am in the fence on that sack number honestly. My gut says 8-12 sacks this year from him.

 I think it is totally possible as he has improved there each year and had 6 last year in a season when he missed time and played beat up early in the year. Really would have had 7 if you take away a bogus call against CAR that negated a sack.

my gut says 5 to 8, that was the pt of my post is I dont see a double digit sack guy on this roster, maybe takk since he is 100 percent but even than not sure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

first off I dont think we have a dominant player on the line, I dont think vic will turn back into the 16 Vic, and I think takk will be cutting his dreads off at the end of the yr. While I know that sentence sounds negative it is actually not bc while I dont think we have a dominant player on the line, I do think we got a dominant line as a whole. I think we are 7 guys deep that can get you between 4 and 8 sacks this yr and if you just take the medium of that which is six, that is 42 sacks coming from the line alone. For yrs we had Abe and nothing much else and that did not work. Im super pumped with what we might can do this yr.  

 

Image result for clayborn dallas sack gif

That’s what we want we want multiple threats not allowing teams to key in on one dominant guy.

Grady Jarrett and Takk are In for big years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jdawg4876 said:

you calling ya shot at double digit sacks for both

Image result for calling the shot gif

I’m saying they’ll have big years sack totals aren’t thee be all and end all.There play may help others get off with the attention they may garner.

Theres no stats for that is there.

I think upfront they’ll be the 2 most important for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’m saying they’ll have big years sack totals aren’t thee be all and end all.There play may help others get off with the attention they may garner.

Theres no stats for that is there.

I think upfront they’ll be the 2 most important for us.

ok so not double digit sacks lol. I get what you are saying though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do know that sacks are not the only measure of dline play. Matter of fact, sacks, like a baseball pitchers win/loss record, are indicative of unit performance as a whole.

From what I have seen this preseason, this unit is gonna be very good to dominant. It has depth, size, speed, and is coached by what many consider one of the best dline gurus in the game.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, slider said:

I'm a big fan of what Clayborn brings to this unit. His presence changes protection schemes. Everybody profits from that. I think it's been overlooked entirely what his absence did to the D-line last year. I'm hoping he's got enough left in the tank for 16+.

This. No doubt this.

This unit is young. Clay brings a quiet(verbally) yet intense(work ethic) vet presence that was missing last season. Even though he dont get a lot of sacks, he is always near the qb on pass rush. He does his job, he is always were he is supposed to be doing what he is supposed to be doing. Love Clay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Fiddlin John's Ghost said:

Do know that sacks are not the only measure of dline play. Matter of fact, sacks, like a baseball pitchers win/loss record, are indicative of unit performance as a whole.

From what I have seen this preseason, this unit is gonna be very good to dominant. It has depth, size, speed, and is coached by what many consider one of the best dline gurus in the game.

 

 

POST OF THE WEEK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, slider said:

I'm a big fan of what Clayborn brings to this unit. His presence changes protection schemes. Everybody profits from that. I think it's been overlooked entirely what his absence did to the D-line last year. I'm hoping he's got enough left in the tank for 16+.

me too and maybe jack crawford even a little for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I feel great about the line, I hope that I’m right

I do too brother. I believe we are. There are a lot of factors coming together for this unit that could spell beastly at seasons end.

They are big, strong, fast, and are coached by what many consider one of the best dline gurus in the game. Grady, Takk, and Beasley are all young guys who could all have it click this season, at the same time.

This unit has versatility. It can go big against the power game. It can rush the passer in nickel with a couple different line ups. It has shown an ability to defend running qb's like Cam.

Boy, it could so be a good year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Fiddlin John's Ghost said:

Do know that sacks are not the only measure of dline play. Matter of fact, sacks, like a baseball pitchers win/loss record, are indicative of unit performance as a whole.

From what I have seen this preseason, this unit is gonna be very good to dominant. It has depth, size, speed, and is coached by what many consider one of the best dline gurus in the game.

 

 

Absolutely. Sacks don’t determine dominance. There’s plenty of players that are dominant on the dline and never see double digit sacks. They can be hard to run on. Always crash the plans of the line by pushing his guy back into the play. Always around the ball. Super disruptive. I think the sack thing gets overblown. Me myself would prefer the rush to be relentless and causes qb’s to turn the bank over because they throw before they want to. The best sack to me is a 3rd down sack that ends a drive. I’ve seen Brees, Brady, Matt, Rodgers, and any great qb we’ve ever seen in history complete 3rd and 16’s like it’s nothing. How many times have we seen Matt get sacked on second down and convert 3rd down? Or get sacked 7 times in a game and we still win? Just give me relentless pressure as a unit and create turnovers. And yes throw in some sacks, strip sacks in there. I do believe we will have at least 1 double digit sack guy this year tho. And it’ll be between VB, takk, and Grady. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...