Predict the Falcons win-loss record for 2019?

I would say somewhere @ 9-7 to 11-5.

I think the Falcons and Vikings are quite similar this year, not in specific overall team make up, but in recent history and current potential. 

I'm curious to see if Atlanta flounders again,  does Ryan starts to feel some heat. As an outsider, I'm not sure if he has or hasn't in the past, but as a longtime NFL fan, I'd be a little PO'd if my team made excuses again for the franchise QB. Making the big bucks means more is expected than just saying scripted shyte like "we've got to do better" or the patented "wait until next year". Just MHO. 

For the record, that last paragraph is directed not only at the Falcons' QB situation, but Minnesota's as well.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

13-3 in the NFC is extremely unlikely for anyone

I think 13-3 is definitely a best case scenario, but ima play it safe and say 11-5. We’ll lose games to AFC teams that we have no business losing, bringing our record down. 

Where do people get the notion that we struggle out of the gate? Under Quinn we’ve started  2015 3-1 2016 4-0 2017 3-1 2018 1-3 (after losing core players to injuries all 3 losses 

Posted Images

On 9/5/2019 at 6:04 PM, CoachCatchPhrase said:

8-8...give or take a game either way.

Lot of high numbers, since this team has won more than 12 games exactly 3 times in 54 years. Folks throwing around 13 and 14 wins like it's no sweat.

This Falcons roster is the deepest and most talented in its history. The coaching staff is deeper in experience, the coordinators are better as a group than in any previous season. The team has plenty of motivation going for it, the lingering sting of a bad SB loss, the bad taste of a miserable season last year with injuries, all the media sports talking heads labeling them average, etc.

This bunch ain't your granddaddy's feathered f-ups with delusions of grandeur. This group is ready to ball and has the capability to get to the SB and win it. Thirteen or fourteen wins is not out of the question for them.

21 minutes ago, CoachCatchPhrase said:

I have been a fan of this oft miserable franchise sine 1980. I have the right to have a wait and see pessimistic approach every year :)

Seriously, go back to the board exactly 1 year ago, or 2 years ago, the exact same posts about "best roster ever" and some act like Quinn is some sort of genius. Last I checked Vic Beasley is a starter on this team, so not buying all this talent garbage, he is simply a terrible football player. You have both safeties coming off major injuries and an absolutely unproven starter at corner. Same front 4 as last year, Grady missed a bit of time but why all the sudden are they "beasts" some are proclaiming. Why no pass rush last year? Saw one excuse a while back that the secondary was not covering their men long enough??? 

I reserve my right to be respectfully pessimistic...

I understand your position very well as I've been in your shoes for most of my life as a Falcons fan. I don't think you can hold it against the fan base for declaring the rosters over the past few years as being the best ever in franchise history, because they probably have been among the best, when you consider that the team has a recent SB appearance and wins in play-offs.

They don't have the same front four as last year, though. They have Bailey, Davison, Clayborn and Shede, none of whom were here last year. And don't forget Cominsky either. As for Beasley, he's looked much improved over the off-season and in the preseason games. Maybe there was some valid reason Quinn took a lot of heat and put his HC job at least partially on the line by keeping him around.

I respect your right to be pessimistic, and you expressed your opinion very respectfully. But having been in your shoes so often over the years, I'll be honest with you, bro, it's nice to have a completely different attitude and outlook on this team and it's chances to win a Lombardi perhaps this season and beyond.

On 9/6/2019 at 5:09 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

What was your super bowl prediction?

If I had to pick just one team , I'd have to say we have the best chance to win it  all this year.. I know I sound like a homer.. But we have IMO one of the very strongest rosters this year.. It's our time I do believe. The only other time I said that this early was when we went to the SB last. We'll see,, I think we have the best chance this year. And this time I think we win it. That would be if Ryan stays healthy all season.

Probably 10 or 11 wins. I'm hoping for 12-13 though.

If we can start well and stay healthy, we'll be strong mid season and at the end of the year. By then the rookies on the line will have settled in and everyone returning from injury will be at full strength, game wise.

Have to start strong though. Like 4-0 or 3-1 strong.

On 9/7/2019 at 0:56 AM, NCVIKE said:

I would say somewhere @ 9-7 to 11-5.

I think the Falcons and Vikings are quite similar this year, not in specific overall team make up, but in recent history and current potential. 

I'm curious to see if Atlanta flounders again,  does Ryan starts to feel some heat. As an outsider, I'm not sure if he has or hasn't in the past, but as a longtime NFL fan, I'd be a little PO'd if my team made excuses again for the franchise QB. Making the big bucks means more is expected than just saying scripted shyte like "we've got to do better" or the patented "wait until next year". Just MHO. 

For the record, that last paragraph is directed not only at the Falcons' QB situation, but Minnesota's as well.

QB is not the problem. If you look at teams like NO, GB they've all had subpar seasons and ruined great efforts by their QBs but know one ever blames them. Winning a ring covers a lot of stink despite it being 8-9 seasons ago.

Ryan consistently puts up top 5 QB numbers and has carried this team for a decade. If he were just average or slightly above we would have looked like CIN, DET, LAC or even MN as you pointed out. Instead they are a habitual playoff contender, in one of the toughest divisions, appeared in a super bowl a couple of years ago and won a playoff game the following year.

This game will tell us a lot about where these teams stand as both should be competing for the playoffs. The one thing I am not concerned about is the play of Matt Ryan.

On 9/5/2019 at 2:38 PM, Draftnut57 said:

13 - 3 ,,

I say we lose to,,,,,,

1. N.O. away,,,,

2. S.F. away.....

3. Minn. away....

I am very tempted to say we lose to the Rams at home,,

But I just can't bring myself to write it down... 

..  We Win !! :shrug:

Well, So far I'm 2 for 2 ,, hope I get the rest of the games right also.. I think we will continually improve threw the  year... If we can keep our OL healthy so they can keep Ryan healthy.. If we do, It will be hard to stop us at the end of the year.