E. T.

Nats @ Braves

720 posts in this topic

Falcons could be doing much better. They're just making some very, very stupid mistakes. 

Soroka just got victimized by the long ball. I think a come back win is the perfect way to send the Nats home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It's a terrible day today.

Yep, but thank God for the Braves b/c the falcons just plain suck. The Braves are giving us something to cheer about this year. Rough day against a great pitcher. The falcons on the other hand are just deplorable. Sad to say, but...for the first time in decades it looks like I'll be anxious for fb season to be over to get to baseball season.

Edited by gp_74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Yeah, Snitker hoped for the best but if Sobotka and Minter couldn't perform then you're happy taking 3 of 4. Give the main guys a break. 

No off days for a while so it is better than losing a close game that stresses the bullpen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad for the series win, but winning games with only 3 or 4 hits finally caught up to them.  Need Dansby to get his bat going for one thing, although I’m afraid he’s destined to be no more than a .250 hitter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doctor Kildare said:

No off days for a while so it is better than losing a close game that stresses the bullpen.

Braves have 3 off days left this season.

  • Monday - September 16
  • Monday - September 23
  • Thursday - September 26

Lots of teams would kill to have 3 days off at this point in the season. The Nats by comparison only have 2 off days left, tomorrow and September 19th and they've got a doubleheader left against the Phillies. Braves should get some help with the Nats playing at Minnesota Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Nats also have 3 left at St. Louis and their final 3 games are against Cleveland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 007dawg said:

Glad for the series win, but winning games with only 3 or 4 hits finally caught up to them.  Need Dansby to get his bat going for one thing, although I’m afraid he’s destined to be no more than a .250 hitter

Dansby has hit quite a few balls hard since he came back with little to show for it. But even if he's never anything more than a .250 hitter, with his defense, that's plenty good enough.

dirtybird2k5 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s fair to say Dansby so far hasn’t met 1-1 expectations of being an absolute stud but in 2019 baseball (and frankly baseball in 2016 and on period) the “he might not be better or I don’t think he’s better than a .250 hitter” is a weird insult. Gets even weirder when Josh has been a perfect epitome of power/OBP on the team with a not exactly high BA himself (he's mostly been home runs or walks in the last 15 games with a low BA then to boot). In fact, I’ll go ahead and say it, Josh is doing what the Braves wanted and didn’t get from Dan Uggla in the past.

I’d like to see him work with Chipper again, but I’ll be contrary to what Chipper said and say it, I don’t think he has Jeter upside. I think his upside is what he showed in the first 389 PAs this year. That’s night and day from all of his career except then but still isn’t like what Bregman has turned into (and it’s fine).

Edited by VoiceofReason95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 9:51 PM, VoiceofReason95 said:

I think it’s fair to say Dansby so far hasn’t met 1-1 expectations of being an absolute stud but in 2019 baseball (and frankly baseball in 2016 and on period) the “he might not be better or I don’t think he’s better than a .250 hitter” is a weird insult. Gets even weirder when Josh has been a perfect epitome of power/OBP on the team with a not exactly high BA himself (he's mostly been home runs or walks in the last 15 games with a low BA then to boot). In fact, I’ll go ahead and say it, Josh is doing what the Braves wanted and didn’t get from Dan Uggla in the past.

I’d like to see him work with Chipper again, but I’ll be contrary to what Chipper said and say it, I don’t think he has Jeter upside. I think his upside is what he showed in the first 389 PAs this year. That’s night and day from all of his career except then but still isn’t like what Bregman has turned into (and it’s fine).

Uggla did exactly what we had wanted from him his first season with us. Fell off the following 2 though.

Edited by LouDog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now