Some good news

jdawg4876

1 minute ago, Flyin' In DC said:

Saw a tweet earlier in another thread that he was no longer wearing the "no contact" Jersey. My guess is he is a go

Really excited to see Kazee and Allen on the field together. He is such a huge upgrade at NB over Poole....especially with having Rico to set the DBs straight pre snap.

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

I hear ya, but he and Gono both can play either side...can’t see us making 4 tackles active on Sundays. Which of the 3 would you sit (Ty, Gono, Country)?

Tough call. I think Schweizer has to dress,  that leaves Brown, Sambraillo and McGary. All comes down to McGarys conditioning 

Just now, octoslash said:

I seriously doubt McGary's active week one.  He probably will sit this one out and then depending on how Gono does, maybe be active against Philly...but still not start.  

I just don't see him being game ready for a couple weeks at least.  He missed a lot of camp time. 

He doesn’t have to start or play a huge percentage of the snaps but he can provide relief for Gono when he needs a rest

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

Maybe, but with o-line you don't see much rotation in-and-out.

(I'm just guessing based on nothing more than my gut about this) 

They sub out from time to time. The main 2 I rarely see go out are Mack and Matthews. It’s not a full blown rotation or anything 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

They sub out from time to time. The main 2 I rarely see go out are Mack and Matthews. It’s not a full blown rotation or anything 

I can't wait to see McGary and Lindstrom working together, it might be a special tandem there for a long time to come.  (Like Mike Kenn and R.C. Thieleman way back in the 80s)

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

I can't wait to see McGary and Lindstrom working together, it might be a special tandem there for a long time to come.  (Like Mike Kenn and R.C. Thieleman way back in the 80s)

That entire side from Mack to McGary should be the strength of the offensive line if what we think about the 2 rookies turn out to be true. If brown or carpenter shows up then oh my god that offensive line should be top 5

29 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

He doesn’t have to start or play a huge percentage of the snaps but he can provide relief for Gono when he needs a rest

Given the medical procedure he underwent, I wonder how much time he has had to learn the playbook.  If he has that down, I think he plays a few snaps to see how he does.  If he did not have time to learn the playbook, the Falcons cannot hold the offense back and just run what he is familiar with. 

I am hoping he knows the playbook and can sub in.  There is nothing like playing to get in game shape.

46 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

Tough call. I think Schweizer has to dress,  that leaves Brown, Sambraillo and McGary. All comes down to McGarys conditioning 

Exactly that's why I keep saying I see us dressing 8 o line they're not going to play around with matts health this year. they spent too much money and too much draft Capital not to activate 8 lineman at least most of the time

4 minutes ago, NaGaBoy said:

Given the medical procedure he underwent, I wonder how much time he has had to learn the playbook.  If he has that down, I think he plays a few snaps to see how he does.  If he did not have time to learn the playbook, the Falcons cannot hold the offense back and just run what he is familiar with. 

I am hoping he knows the playbook and can sub in.  There is nothing like playing to get in game shape.

He's had the playbook since he signed the contract and was apart of all offseason activities so I don't think that will be an issue