Thoughts

dirtybird2k5

9 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Oh wow that’s awesome!! No you didn’t mention that before!! That will make a huge impact on him. 

He lives in California, but now he’s a Matt Ryan/Falcons fan for life. 

Whats funny is his dad played for Houston, back when they were the Oilers.

8 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I did when I was 15. If I retired in middle of peak asset bubble, my investment of half mil will probably disappear in recession. Assuming I wait for economy to come back, that money won’t be enough.

Ever heard of a fixed index annuity?  Hint: they don't lose value, although they grow a bit slower.

There's always a way to make money turn into more money, given enough time and savvy investing.  Half a mil, even after taxes, is plenty to start with.

10 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Ever heard of a fixed index annuity?  Hint: they don't lose value, although they grow a bit slower.

There's always a way to make money turn into more money, given enough time and savvy investing.  Half a mil, even after taxes, is plenty to start with.

Bro we’re broke. We don’t know anything about having money. Glad I don’t live that luxurious lifestyle lol

1 hour ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Good lawd, you two thinking putting money in a fixed annuity is “savvy investing”. FYI, fixed annuities are like time shares, the purchaser ALWAYS ends up regretting it in the end. High commissions and costs, and you can’t get out of them without huge penalties. 

LOL, you’re making his point. 

1 hour ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Good lawd, you two thinking putting money in a fixed annuity is “savvy investing”. FYI, fixed annuities are like time shares, the purchaser ALWAYS ends up regretting it in the end. High commissions and costs, and you can’t get out of them without huge penalties. 

There goes my retirement plans with half mil.

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:00 AM, dirtybird2k5 said:

@Jesus  If his foot holds up, Julio will be the greatest receiver in NFL history, just based on numbers.  But DeAndre Hopkins is actually a much better receiver than he is.  If he wants that money, I dare Julio to prove me wrong. 

He is not a "much better receiver"! Where do you guys come up with this stuff?? #CrazyTalk #Baseless #GetAClue

11 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

He is not a "much better receiver"! Where do you guys come up with this stuff?? #CrazyTalk #Baseless #GetAClue

I would agree that Hopkins is very underrated and deserves to be in the same discussion with Julio and Brown. But nobody can say definitively who is actually better. To claim that Hopkins is "much better" is pretty dumb.

12 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I would agree that Hopkins is very underrated and deserves to be in the same discussion with Julio and Brown. But nobody can say definitively who is actually better. To claim that Hopkins is "much better" is pretty dumb.

You guys are really overthinking this and making it too complicated.  The easy fix is for us to just sign Deandre and AB.  That way, all three guys are playing against the same opponents, under the same conditions, with the same QB.  That way we can actually know which one is better.  It’s like, basic science.

8 minutes ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

You guys are really overthinking this and making it too complicated.  The easy fix is for us to just sign Deandre and AB.  That way, all three guys are playing against the same opponents, under the same conditions, with the same QB.  That way we can actually know which one is better.  It’s like, basic science.

Lol

14 minutes ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

there-it-is.gif

10 hours ago, Vandy said:

You're getting your financial instruments mixed up.  Fixed index is basically a mutual funds that assumes less risk in exchange for slower, but steady growth.

18 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

You're getting your financial instruments mixed up.  Fixed index is basically a mutual funds that assumes less risk in exchange for slower, but steady growth.

There’s traditional fixed, fixed-indexed, and variable annuities. Fixed annuities are just that, their returns are fixed and thereby the lowest returns of the 3. Fixed-Index have both mutual funds combined with a guaranteed floor. Variables have no guarantees except on death. 

But all 3 instruments are poor investments with low historical returns, due to their high costs. Insurance companies push their agents to sell these very profitable insurance products with high commissions, high internal fees charged inside the funds, back- loaded early withdrawal/surrender penalties, etc etc.

MAYBE for an unsophisticated elder retiree who has all his funds in a bank CD they might make some sense. But for a young person with a long life expectancy? There’s nothing “savvy” about them, except for the insurance agent  who sells them to you. 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

There’s traditional fixed, fixed-indexed, and variable annuities. Fixed annuities are just that, their returns are fixed and thereby the lowest returns of the 3. Fixed-Index have both mutual funds combined with a guaranteed floor. Variables have no guarantees except on death. 

But all 3 instruments are poor investments with low historical returns, due to their high costs. Insurance companies push their agents to sell these very profitable insurance products with high commissions, high internal fees charged inside the funds, back- loaded early withdrawal/surrender penalties, etc etc. There’s nothing “savvy” about them, except for the insurance agent  who sells them to you. 

:munch:

On 9/4/2019 at 7:40 AM, dirtybird2k5 said:

I love Antonio because he came from a small school in Michigan. I'm from Michigan. It helps us feel like even when we are at the bottom, we can all achieve much more. But, I'm an Atlanta Falcon fan. I went through the 1999 Super Bowl where Eugene Robinson solicited a hooker the night before the biggest game of his life. I went through the 28-3 collapse. I went through Julio holding out for more money, and dropping passes. Julio is great, but DeAndre Hopkins is the greatest receiver in the NFL. Julio, prove me wrong. Then get paid.

I know we've moved on a bit from this, but I want to bring it back around because I feel like I missed something. When was this holdout? What did JJ hold out from exactly? 

14 hours ago, Vandy said:

But all 3 instruments are poor investments with low historical returns, due to their high costs. Insurance companies push their agents to sell these very profitable insurance products with high commissions, high internal fees charged inside the funds, back- loaded early withdrawal/surrender penalties, etc etc. There’s nothing “savvy” about them, except for the insurance agent  who sells them to you. 

Exactly...but 3% of your return being eaten up by "expense ratios" is not a favorable way to make a significant return on investment.