Thoughts

dirtybird2k5

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Truth.

Peeps thinking financially successful people have no problems just because they have money, don’t understand the costs.

No doubt. And I only touched on a couple aspects of having money. You can’t LIVE off of just having money. Money has to still come in. When players retire and the nfl money abruptly stops how you gonna live? What job is gonna pay a lot of these guys the kind of money to support their lifestyle? Who can they trust to help manage their money. Financial advisors, investors, etc...And most guys won’t make Matt Ryan money. And even that money can be blown. Not everybody is smart when it comes to money. They hire the wrong ppl and trust the wrong ppl. I have a manager that gets 20% of my life. That’s what I pay him. Then my attorney gets another 10%. That’s 30% OF MY LIFE that I pay the main two ppl in my career. Lol. And I’m not even getting into other things in my life that I’m responsible for. It’ll make your head spin. Lol. 

14 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

No doubt. And I only touched on a couple aspects of having money. You can’t LIVE off of just having money. Money has to still come in. When players retire and the nfl money abruptly stops how you gonna live? What job is gonna pay a lot of these guys the kind of money to support their lifestyle? Who can they trust to help manage their money. Financial advisors, investors, etc...And most guys won’t make Matt Ryan money. And even that money can be blown. Not everybody is smart when it comes to money. They hire the wrong ppl and trust the wrong ppl. I have a manager that gets 20% of my life. That’s what I pay him. Then my attorney gets another 10%. That’s 30% OF MY LIFE that I pay the main two ppl in my career. Lol. And I’m not even getting into other things in my life that I’m responsible for. It’ll make your head spin. Lol. 

Very wise truths. And if like me, you learned all those truths the hard way. By our mistakes. 

This is what most people without money don’t really understand, which is the cost of money. Someone earlier in thread claimed they could live off the interest of a $500,000 one year contract the rest of their lives....no they couldn’t. Taxes take a third, and interest rates are at historical lows. 2% of $350K is $7,000 a year. And like we said, everything costs more every year. 

It’s not just lifestyle. There’s a real cost. What you’ve been doing fatboi is not living off your money, you’re re-investing it so it will grow. That’s why you pay your manager, your attorney, tax guy, etc. Understanding and accepting that fundamental truth is realizing you have to keep working it...

Very wise truths. And if like me, you learned all those truths the hard way. By our mistakes. 

This is what most people without money don’t really understand, which is the cost of money. Someone earlier in thread claimed they could live off the interest of a $500,000 one year contract the rest of their lives....no they couldn’t. Taxes take a third, and interest rates are at historical lows. 2% of $350K is $7,000 a year. And like we said, everything costs more every year. 

It’s not just lifestyle. There’s a real cost. 

No way you can live off the interest. I think ppl think that way because they think they can stay where they stay right now and keep doing the things that they do in there life as it stands. They don’t believe that they will have to move. Especially when ppl find out they have some money. Then the cost of having money. That’s the part most won’t understand. I always owe money. I haven’t gotten an income tax return since I quit the last regular job I ever had and that was in 2000. Haven’t gotten a tax return since. I do w-9’s not w-2’s. I have to save receipts for everything and  pay accountants for business write off’s. I have to watch out for ppl that try and get you to do something they can sue you for. I had to pay more money for my kids to go to certain schools with better education. My youngest is 8 and he reads big @ss Harry Potter books already. Lol. It costs to have money. 

4 minutes ago, TD_Lover said:

Bro I'm serious it's some ********. 

I ain't paying $10 for a **** thing **** em.

Yes you will TD, plus you’ll actually have to buy 12 for the wifey and ya’lls 4 rug rats you’ll be dragging in there.....which will set you back $30.....

that’s why you’ve got to get that degree. Or open up your own KK donut shop yourself....:ninja:

4 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

No way you can live off the interest. I think ppl think that way because they think they can stay where they stay right now and keep doing the things that they do in there life as it stands. They don’t believe that they will have to move. Especially when ppl find out they have some money. Then the cost of having money. That’s the part most won’t understand. I always owe money. I haven’t gotten an income tax return since I quit the last regular job I ever had and that was in 2000. Haven’t gotten a tax return since. I do w-9’s not w-2’s. I have to save receipts for everything and  pay accountants for business write off’s. I have to watch out for ppl that try and get you to do something they can sue you for. I had to pay more money for my kids to go to certain schools with better education. My youngest is 8 and he reads big @ss Harry Potter books already. Lol. It costs to have money. 

I bet That 8 year old is smart. Also bet he’s watching his dad like a hawk. 

On 9/4/2019 at 7:40 AM, dirtybird2k5 said:

I love Antonio because he came from a small school in Michigan. I'm from Michigan. It helps us feel like even when we are at the bottom, we can all achieve much more. But, I'm an Atlanta Falcon fan. I went through the 1999 Super Bowl where Eugene Robinson solicited a hooker the night before the biggest game of his life. I went through the 28-3 collapse. I went through Julio holding out for more money, and dropping passes. Julio is great, but DeAndre Hopkins is the greatest receiver in the NFL. Julio, prove me wrong. Then get paid.

You are from Michigan and lost in Mexico? Asking for a friend.

56 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

I meant half a mil before taxes.  Anyone with sense can make that work.  It's called time value of money and living within your means.  Not that complicated.

I will hire you as my financial planner if you can prove half mil is enough to retire. Between taxes and inflation it’s not gonna last long even if you are frugal.

I bet That 8 year old is smart. Also bet he’s watching his dad like a hawk. 

Super smart. Smarter than I ever was. My 12 year old wants to be a pro football player. He just asked me to get him a personal trainer lol. And being the supportive dad I am I’ll eventually get him one. For now he can workout with me. I still have a good regime from working with my own trainers lol. 

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Super smart. Smarter than I ever was. My 12 year old wants to be a pro football player. He just asked me to get him a personal trainer lol. And being the supportive dad I am I’ll eventually get him one. For now he can workout with me. I still have a good regime from working with my own trainers lol. 

Did he play on Grid iron kids leagues? 

19 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yes you will TD, plus you’ll actually have to buy 12 for the wifey and ya’lls 4 rug rats you’ll be dragging in there.....which will set you back $30.....

that’s why you’ve got to get that degree. Or open up your own KK donut shop yourself....:ninja:

**** that degree, DSC said i can't get financial aid because i made 12k last year. Can't afford it now.

On 9/4/2019 at 8:30 AM, dirtybird2k5 said:

Joe knew how to throw it to him.  Joe knew how to put the touch on those passes, or throw the bullets when he had to pull out the six shooter.  The game is much different now.  Matt and Julio are on the same page.  How many millions can one man spend, to live comfortably.  Julio isn't worried about his millions.  He's set for life.  That is just fan speculation.   No matter what any of these football players make, even if it's the league minimum, they are set for life.  In ONE YEAR.  They make more than an average working person.  They are already getting paid, but bring us our trophy.

Minimum salary for an NFL player is 480,000 dollars.

After agent fees(3%) federal(up to 35%) and state taxes(6%), puts you at: 257,000$

And that doesn't include being taxed under "jock taxes" in the various states the players play in.

--------------

That certainly does not make you set for life.

13 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I know you will.

Did I tell you about my friend’s son (who wants to be an NFL QB) got to spend an afternoon with Matt Ryan at Tom House/Dedeaux facility in California? Just the two of them hanging together all afternoon? 

Said matt is just as real (humble, down-to-earth) in person as he is in front of media. 

8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I know you will.

Did I tell you about my friend’s son (who wants to be an NFL QB) got to spend an afternoon with Matt Ryan at Tom House/Dedeaux facility in California? Just the two of them hanging together all afternoon? 

Said matt is just as real (humble, down-to-earth) in person as he is in front of media. 

Oh wow that’s awesome!! No you didn’t mention that before!! That will make a huge impact on him.