Jump to content

Thoughts


dirtybird2k5
 Share

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

It's not how much you make, it's how well you manage it.  Half a mil is plenty.

yeah he's gotta speak for himself on that one. everyone doesn't go outside of their means when they get extra money in their bank accounts. Managing that money properly could easily set you up for a very long time to come

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

Rice went to the SB with 3 different QBs.

 

Joe Montana

Steve Young

Rich Gannon

 

What all 3 QBs have in common? They had Rice as their WR.

 

Rice put up Madden franchise mode career numbers mostly during a time where the NFL wasn't close to being as much of a passing league as it is now.

Truth. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2019 at 8:00 AM, dirtybird2k5 said:

@Jesus  If his foot holds up, Julio will be the greatest receiver in NFL history, just based on numbers.  But DeAndre Hopkins is actually a much better receiver than he is.  If he wants that money, I dare Julio to prove me wrong. 

 

Julio doesn't have to prove **** to you. What in the h3ll are you insinuating? Julio is his receiving Corp. Hopkins has not faced the same pressure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, TD_Lover said:

Even then half a mil at 30k a year isn't a lifetime.

Just doing quick math I could pay my house off and be stuck with far less than $5000 a year in bills. Taxes aren’t the most expensive thing in the world so I’m looking at under $8000 per year with that alone. We don’t go on multiple vacations per year and if we did we wouldn’t go stupid just because we had money. I can honestly say we wouldn’t even blow through $20k per year including bills. We’re simple people my G. Nothing luxurious.

i also know some dope dealers that can flip the **** out of some money. One of my uncles died with a boat load of money off selling dope. Cops knew it but couldn’t do **** to him cause they could never catch him lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, TD_Lover said:

Even then half a mil at 30k a year isn't a lifetime.

There’s this thing called inflation too. 20 -25 years from now all the things your paying $30,000 a year to live on (gas , food, housing, healthcare, etc) will cost $60,000 a year. People who come into a sum of money and think they’ll just live off it don’t take that into account because they don’t understand it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Plenty left after taxes.

It’s all relative tho. Your life fits the kind of money you make. Your bills match your life regardless if you make 30k a year or 3 mil a year. It’s relative. The more money you make the more problems, bills, and whatever else you have. Trust me. I know. I agree money management is important on all levels but the notion that more money makes all things better is false. It’s still all relative no matter what you make in life. You can make one bad investment that sends you to the poor house just like you can make one bad decision that sends you to the unemployment line. I used to think this way until my tax bracket went up and I started making a lot of money. I’ve had friends and family as for help on bills and they all come at the same time and the attitude is “you got it”. Yea I may have it but my bills are relative to yours. While you pay a couple thousand a month in bills I pays 10’s of thousands in bills. But my bills match my life and the money I make. To keep your family safe you have to live somewhere that’s safe and around other successful ppl. That costs. And in my profession there are down years where the money isn’t quite as much as the previous year but the bills stay the same. Mo money mo problems. Trust me on this one bro. And I’ve also had an irs situation.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

There’s this thing called inflation too. 20 -25 years from now all the things your paying $30,000 a year to live on (gas , food, housing, healthcare, etc) will cost $60,000 a year. People who come into a sum of money and think they’ll just live off it don’t take that into account because they don’t understand it. 

Truuuuuuuust me bro!!!! I know first hand lol. These this myth that making a lot of money just makes it all better. It does in aspects of somebody without money would think. But you take on a whole other kind of problems that ppl without a lot of money don’t quite understand. Making a lot of money isn’t hard. Keeping it is a real task. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It’s all relative tho. Your life fits the kind of money you make. Your bills match your life regardless if you make 30k a year or 3 mil a year. It’s relative. The more money you make the more problems, bills, and whatever else you have. Trust me. I know. I agree money management is important on all levels but the notion that more money makes all things better is false. It’s still all relative no matter what you make in life. You can make one bad investment that sends you to the poor house just like you can make one bad decision that sends you to the unemployment line. I used to think this way until my tax bracket went up and I started making a lot of money. I’ve had friends and family as for help on bills and they all come at the same time and the attitude is “you got it”. Yea I may have it but my bills are relative to yours. While you pay a couple thousand a month in bills I pays 10’s of thousands in bills. But my bills match my life and the money I make. To keep your family safe you have to live somewhere that’s safe and around other successful ppl. That costs. And in my profession there are down years where the money isn’t quite as much as the previous year but the bills stay the same. Mo money mo problems. Trust me on this one bro. And I’ve also had an irs situation.  

Truth.

Peeps thinking financially successful people have no problems just because they have money, don’t understand the costs it took to get there, and stay there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TheFatboi said:

Truuuuuuuust me bro!!!! I know first hand lol. These this myth that making a lot of money just makes it all better. It does in aspects of somebody without money would think. But you take on a whole other kind of problems that ppl without a lot of money don’t quite understand. Making a lot of money isn’t hard. Keeping it is a real task. 

LOL boi, I literally posted basically the exact same thing you just said the very same instant you let it fly!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It’s all relative tho. Your life fits the kind of money you make. Your bills match your life regardless if you make 30k a year or 3 mil a year. It’s relative. The more money you make the more problems, bills, and whatever else you have. Trust me. I know. I agree money management is important on all levels but the notion that more money makes all things better is false. It’s still all relative no matter what you make in life. You can make one bad investment that sends you to the poor house just like you can make one bad decision that sends you to the unemployment line. I used to think this way until my tax bracket went up and I started making a lot of money. I’ve had friends and family as for help on bills and they all come at the same time and the attitude is “you got it”. Yea I may have it but my bills are relative to yours. While you pay a couple thousand a month in bills I pays 10’s of thousands in bills. But my bills match my life and the money I make. To keep your family safe you have to live somewhere that’s safe and around other successful ppl. That costs. And in my profession there are down years where the money isn’t quite as much as the previous year but the bills stay the same. Mo money mo problems. Trust me on this one bro. And I’ve also had an irs situation.  

People survive on less everyday.  A lot less.  Gimme 0.5 mil and I'll prove it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

I meant half a mil before taxes.  Anyone with sense can make that work.  It's called time value of money and living within your means.  Not that complicated.

Before taxes? That means you clear $350k...

Believe me, I understand all of that. But you also have to factor in the rate cost of living will go up over your lifetime. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It’s all relative tho. Your life fits the kind of money you make. Your bills match your life regardless if you make 30k a year or 3 mil a year. It’s relative. The more money you make the more problems, bills, and whatever else you have. Trust me. I know. I agree money management is important on all levels but the notion that more money makes all things better is false. It’s still all relative no matter what you make in life. You can make one bad investment that sends you to the poor house just like you can make one bad decision that sends you to the unemployment line. I used to think this way until my tax bracket went up and I started making a lot of money. I’ve had friends and family as for help on bills and they all come at the same time and the attitude is “you got it”. Yea I may have it but my bills are relative to yours. While you pay a couple thousand a month in bills I pays 10’s of thousands in bills. But my bills match my life and the money I make. To keep your family safe you have to live somewhere that’s safe and around other successful ppl. That costs. And in my profession there are down years where the money isn’t quite as much as the previous year but the bills stay the same. Mo money mo problems. Trust me on this one bro. And I’ve also had an irs situation.  

That’s a different situation. I don’t know the entire conversation that was had seeing that I jumped in late but you’re talking about a particular lifestyle and job where you’re making this type of money. I can only speak for myself when I say $500k would take me to where I need to be and I won’t look back. You live the high life, everyone isn’t that fortunate nor want to be that fortunate.

Everyone doesn’t get money and try to be something they know they aren’t. Take you and I for example, you’re a music producer and I test air bags l. I been living this way for the past 13 years and haven’t changed as the money changed over the years. Why would I change that just because I got extra money? **** for 3 years strong I was bringing home $1100 a week after taxes. Didn’t change my lifestyle a bit. I walked around still wearing a $4 white tee from sock shop and some jeans from tj maxx lol. Everyone isn’t the same. I wouldn’t want to be in your shoes even if my life was on the line. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...