dirtybird2k5

Thoughts

126 posts in this topic

I love Antonio because he came from a small school in Michigan. I'm from Michigan. It helps us feel like even when we are at the bottom, we can all achieve much more. But, I'm an Atlanta Falcon fan. I went through the 1999 Super Bowl where Eugene Robinson solicited a hooker the night before the biggest game of his life. I went through the 28-3 collapse. I went through Julio holding out for more money, and dropping passes. Julio is great, but DeAndre Hopkins is the greatest receiver in the NFL. Julio, prove me wrong. Then get paid.

14 minutes ago, dirtybird2k5 said:

I love Antonio because he came from a small school in Michigan. I'm from Michigan. It helps us feel like even when we are at the bottom, we can all achieve much more. But, I'm an Atlanta Falcon fan. I went through the 1999 Super Bowl where Eugene Robinson solicited a hooker the night before the biggest game of his life. I went through the 28-3 collapse. I went through Julio holding out for more money, and dropping passes. Julio is great, but DeAndre Hopkins is the greatest receiver in the NFL. Julio, prove me wrong. Then get paid.

I assume you mean other than the Super Bowl he actually won with the Packers.

2 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

I assume you mean other than the Super Bowl he actually won with the Packers.

He gave up an eighty yard touchdown to Rod Smith in our game.  That's what I meant.

@Jesus  If his foot holds up, Julio will be the greatest receiver in NFL history, just based on numbers.  But DeAndre Hopkins is actually a much better receiver than he is.  If he wants that money, I dare Julio to prove me wrong. 

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

18 minutes ago, dirtybird2k5 said:

@Jesus  If his foot holds up, Julio will be the greatest receiver in NFL history, just based on numbers.  But DeAndre Hopkins is actually a much better receiver than he is.  If he wants that money, I dare Julio to prove me wrong. 

As much as I like Julio, I have to say this....”Mr Rice would like a word with you”

1 minute ago, marvinthemartian said:

As much as I like Julio, I have to say this....”Mr Rice would like a word with you”

I'd love to have a conversation with Mr. Rice.  A receiver when going across the middle would get your face erased.

1 minute ago, marvinthemartian said:

He managed to do it very successfully for a long time

Joe knew how to throw it to him.  Joe knew how to put the touch on those passes, or throw the bullets when he had to pull out the six shooter.  The game is much different now.  Matt and Julio are on the same page.  How many millions can one man spend, to live comfortably.  Julio isn't worried about his millions.  He's set for life.  That is just fan speculation.   No matter what any of these football players make, even if it's the league minimum, they are set for life.  In ONE YEAR.  They make more than an average working person.  They are already getting paid, but bring us our trophy.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

52 minutes ago, dirtybird2k5 said:

Hopkins is a great WR, but you know Julio strikes fear in the hearts of defenders more than Hopkins does.

2 minutes ago, dirtybird2k5 said:

No matter what any of these football players make, even if it's the league minimum, they are set for life.  In ONE YEAR.  

League minimum is 500,000, that's a nice chunk, won't set you up for life.

Just now, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

Hopkins is a great WR, but you know Julio strikes fear in the hearts of defenders more than Hopkins does.

I'll agree to disagree.  Look at Hopkins' quarterbacks and look at the terrible offensive lines in the complete history of the Houston Texans. 

2 minutes ago, falconidae said:

League minimum is 500,000, that's a nice chunk, won't set you up for life.

Ride the bench for three years and invest wisely. ;)  Also catch you an insta model.  Double tap. lmao

capologist likes this

I'll agree to disagree.  Look at Hopkins' quarterbacks and look at the terrible offensive lines in the complete history of the Houston Texans. 

Ok. well go root for Hopkins and the Texans this year and gtfo here.

slick0ne and dirtybird2k5 like this

3 minutes ago, dirtybird2k5 said:

Joe knew how to throw it to him.  Joe knew how to put the touch on those passes, or throw the bullets when he had to pull out the six shooter.  The game is much different now.  Matt and Julio are on the same page.  How many millions can one man spend, to live comfortably.  Julio isn't worried about his millions.  He's set for life.  That is just fan speculation.   No matter what any of these football players make, even if it's the league minimum, they are set for life.  In ONE YEAR.  They make more than an average working person.  They are already getting paid, but bring us our trophy.

Rice went to the SB with 3 different QBs.

Joe Montana

Steve Young

Rich Gannon

What all 3 QBs have in common? They had Rice as their WR.

Rice put up Madden franchise mode career numbers mostly during a time where the NFL wasn't close to being as much of a passing league as it is now.

dirtybird2k5, mikeg272 and Vandy like this

1 minute ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

Ok. well go root for Hopkins and the Texans this year and gtfo here.

I think he is a fantastic receiver. I'm ATL true blue. Or red.  Whatever rag you wear.

Ride the bench for three years and invest wisely. ;)  Also catch you an insta model.  Double tap. lmao

You said one year at minimum wage.

2 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Rice went to the SB with 3 different QBs.

Joe Montana

Steve Young

Rich Gannon

What all 3 QBs have in common? They had Rice as their WR.

Rice put up Madden franchise mode career numbers mostly during a time where the NFL wasn't close to being as much of a passing league as it is now.

Got smoked by Tampa's defense.

Just now, dirtybird2k5 said:

Got smoked by Tampa's defense.

Tampa had Gruden, who built that Raiders offense and knew everything about how they ran it.

Gruden also had the horses on defense to stop them thanks to Dungy.

dirtybird2k5 likes this

To this day, defense still wins championships.  And if these kids, and yes, they are kids, stick together, and realize that they have enough money to throw a dollar at a homeless man and change that mans life, then these kids can do something special.

D hop still ain’t f*ckin with Julio. Ain’t tryna hear that qb and line mess. Since hop been in the nfl he hasn’t had bad lines. And he hasn’t had the worst qb’s either. He also doesn’t draw the attention Julio draws on a consistent basis. Lastly Hop should want Julio to get paid because that will set the market for him. And as far as proving it Julio has proved he’s the best wr in the nfl since 2015 when he became the man in Atl. For at least 3 years it was Julio, AB, and everybody else.