Depth Chart for Week 1 Released

Monolith2001

16 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You ever thought that’s maybe why Hill gets so much grief in here? LOL...

By the way, I’m not a hill hater. I see the improvement, but he still hasn't shown me he’s a power back. 

The Draftnut hate may be part of it, but most here don't like him because they prefer a shifty, 4.3 Madden type guy. Yes sir, I do think he's got some power. Don't forget he got FB snaps in real games last year. Falling forward this year.

He's definitely got to eliminate some mistakes like drops, blitz pick ups and getting PIs trying to put kill shots on DBs. If he can I'd resign him for a couple years. The RB unit progression will be a very interesting watch this year. Can't wait.

12 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The Draftnut hate may be part of it, but most here don't like him because they prefer a shifty, 4.3 Madden type guy. Yes sir, I do think he's got some power. Don't forget he got FB snaps in real games last year. Falling forward this year.

He's definitely got to eliminate some mistakes like drops, blitz pick ups and getting PIs trying to put kill shots on DBs. If he can I'd resign him for a couple years. The RB unit progression will be a very interesting watch this year. Can't wait.

you seem actually excited this yr

6 minutes ago, vel said:

I'd put money on Gono just based on conditioning. Don't see Kaleb improving that much in a week's time. Maybe week two, but not this one. 

Agreed here. Kaleb could be active and play in the 2nd half if we have enough trouble with Gono playing. I don't expect him to be inactive for this reason.

9 minutes ago, vel said:

He'll have em full no doubt. Much better than Ty, which is a godsend. But if McGary is gassed by halftime, he's no better than Ty after that. That's my only concern. 

Which is why Kaleb for 2nd Half as a Plan B is better than him doing fine in the first and our 2nd half crumbling away. I'd slide Ty in first at RT if he is healthy; presuming Gono starts, if things are really bad inthe 1st Half...for his first career start and regular season playing time; afaik it will be.

Good news is we have options until McGary is up to speed. He's behind like 3-4 weeks at most.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

7 minutes ago, vel said:

He'll have em full no doubt. Much better than Ty, which is a godsend. But if McGary is gassed by halftime, he's no better than Ty after that. That's my only concern. 

I still believe we need to prepare for the LG, RG and RT positions to get worked quite a bit. No matter who's in there. You just don't throw money and picks at journeyman and rooks and get an early return. They will have plenty of challenges. Coaches need to protect em. Two formidable tests comin up in the next week and a half. Pop yo popcorn.

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I still believe we need to prepare for the LG, RG and RT positions to get worked quite a bit. No matter who's in there. You just don't throw money and picks at journeyman and rooks and get an early return. They will have plenty of challenges. Coaches need to protect em. Two formidable tests comin up in the next week and a half. Pop yo popcorn.

Oh all three will have their hands full. These DLs give All Pro OL fits. I expect nothing less. But a good gameplan, consistent ground game and some good fortune with our QB and they have a chance. Will definitely be ugly. 

40 minutes ago, vel said:

Oh all three will have their hands full. These DLs give All Pro OL fits. I expect nothing less. But a good gameplan, consistent ground game and some good fortune with our QB and they have a chance. Will definitely be ugly. 

Yeah bro. Those two defenses own us. I'm talkin throughout our history and under Quinn:

ATL vs MIN and PHI combined

• 25-39-1 (.385) overall
  • 1-5 (.167) under Quinn
  • 13.7 ppg with Shanny, Sark, Ryan, Julio, Free, Hoop, Sanu since 2015

Probably gonna be ugly but I would love to see them ratchet up the sense of urgency even more and blow both of em out. That would send a serious message around the National Football League and throughout the locker room.

8 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah bro. Those two defenses own us. I'm talkin throughout our history and under Quinn:

ATL vs MIN and PHI combined

• 25-39-1 (.385) overall
  • 1-5 (.167) under Quinn
  • 13.7 ppg with Shanny, Sark, Ryan, Julio, Free, Hoop, Sanu since 2015

Probably gonna be ugly but I would love to see them ratchet up the sense of urgency even more and blow both of em out. That would send a serious message around the National Football League and throughout the locker room.

Yep. This is the most complete team we've had against them in a long time, if ever. Would love to see them come out the gate week one and two kicking these two teams around for a change. 

4 minutes ago, vel said:

Yep. This is the most complete team we've had against them in a long time, if ever. Would love to see them come out the gate week one and two kicking these two teams around for a change. 

Been a long time:

• PHI - 1978 - Won first ever playoff game in the Mud Bowl
  • MIN - 1998 - Won first ever NFCCG with a bunch of scrubs

8-17 (.320) since then with a 16.9 ppg average. Gotta do better than that.

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Been a long time:

I remember both of those very well. Where does the time go??? Wow

On Cominsky, I believe he will be active. I read an article somewhere that quotes Kowica sp? as saying how excited he was to have someone who was 280 lbs that could run so fast on punts and kickoffs. Figure he will probably get a couple of snaps on D maybe.

4 hours ago, TD_Lover said:

They still haven't decided

Same as Gono and Kaleb

Brown and Carp are both at #1 same for Gono and Kaleb.

It's not a copy paste glitch, there's an article on the page explaining that.

Oh! I was wondering why the forum post looked like that. I was turning my phone sideways like wtf is wrong here?

6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Been a long time:

yeah I expect both games to be an ugly slugfest if we score  more than 20 points either game I will be shocked in a good way