Depth Chart for Week 1 Released

Monolith2001

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

HBs and FBs are RBs. BHill and Ollison can play both positions. Like Andrews and Snelling.

We will likely have four, maybe five RBs active on game days, depending on match ups and health.

They’re separate but I got you man. You don’t have to explain. I understand your line of thinking. 

9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

HBs and FBs are RBs. BHill and Ollison can play both positions. Like Andrews and Snelling.

We will likely have four, maybe five RBs active on game days, depending on match ups and health.

Its showing 3 rbs active Sunday and no fb.. Thats including Barner

Never mind that, fb Keith Smith is showing active.. Just was in a different spot on the page 

https://ibb.co/ysvcqjN

Edited by ⚡Slumerican⚡

38 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Not really.  Free and Ito will take the running snaps and Barner as returner is already part of the 46.  If we lost a back he would be able to fill in for that game.  We could very well have both Hill and Ollison idle for the Vikings if team wants bodies elsewhere..such as D-line rotation.

here is what I will say about barner, after going to two practices, and seen all the quotes through the offseason, they def will have some offensive packages for barner bc he is the fasted straight line speed guy out the backfield and can catch

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Conversely, if they consider Barner as STs only and want Hill or Olli for bigger back role they could roll with those top 4 (counting FB) per the depth chart.

9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Man... now that you mention Snelling, that’s kind who Ollison reminds me of. 

Loved ole Smelling

5 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

which I said in my 46 man gameday thread really think this will be a red shirt yr for comisky and ollison

We’ll need a short yardage back, freeman and Ito aren’t that....I’m hoping Ollison sees PT 2nd half of year.....

You May be right on Cominsky...but inevitable injuries will most likely give  him opportunities too over a long season...

1 minute ago, TD_Lover said:

Doubt it because Cominsky is 2nd on the depth chart and Quinn has said they want him to get in earlier than originally thought

I hope so but I see they list him at DE and he would make the 5th option behind vick, takk, clayborn, and bailey. I personally think for most game we will have more active o line than d line. we usually only have 7 o line active on gameday I could see that being 8 for a few games this yr

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

My man, that K Smith signing was huge. 

Bro I think we are gonna run the ball this year. I believe we were somewhere around a 55/45 pass/run split this preseason. Been awhile since we've been near that mark. The Madden boys will hate it, but it's the way to go in my opinion. It will give the OLine a better chance, plus open up play action if we can run the rock.

We might not need a lot of deception either. Just exert our will. In the run and pass game. "STOP IT THEN MF" type will. Do that and have the defense show up and we might be onto something. Coaches need to exorcise all of their past demons and execute though. Will need some injury luck and a couple good bounces. 

1 minute ago, jdawg4876 said:

I hope so but I see they list him at DE and he would make the 5th option behind vick, takk, clayborn, and bailey. I personally think for most game we will have more active o line than d line. we usually only have 7 o line active on gameday I could see that being 8 for a few games this yr

Even then he squeezes in. They see him as a base DE and a rushing DT.

And again Quinn himself said he will be involved early. 

Not a redshirt year for him.

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

We’ll need a short yardage back, freeman and Ito aren’t that....I’m hoping Ollison sees PT 2nd half of year.....

neither really was coleman but they tried that again and again. even if they activate another it will be brian hill, I think that was decided when hill didnt play at all in the 4th pre season game

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bro I think we are gonna run the ball this year. I believe we were somewhere around a 55/45 pass/run split this preseason. Been awhile since we've been near that mark. The Madden boys will hate it, but it's the way to go in my opinion. It will give the OLine a better chance, plus open up play action if we can run the rock.

We might not need a lot of deception either. Just exert our will. In the run and pass game. "STOP IT THEN MF" type will. Do that and have the defense show up and we might be onto something. Coaches need to exorcise all of their past demons and execute though. Will need some injury luck and a couple good bounces. 

Too bad we can't sign a kicker right?

Im a bit curious what kinda of base D and alignment we will have. Allen Bailey and Vic Beasley listed as starters. Looks like a 5-2 or Hybrid 3-4 personnel. 

Im happy with getting the big guys on the field. We usually never run more than 2 backers. Vic can play SLB in some packages. 

Either way....ready to go!!! 

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Great post.

Same page 1970...  control the clock with a balanced offense wearing down your opponent....and keeping our defense fresh.  

Just now, Stryka said:

Im a bit curious what kinda of base D and alignment we will have. Allen Bailey and Vic Beasley listed as starters. Looks like a 5-2 or Hybrid 3-4 personnel. 

Im happy with getting the big guys on the field. We usually never run more than 2 backers. Vic can play SLB in some packages. 

Either way....ready to go!!! 

It will probably vary. We can run any of 3-4, 4-4, 4-3, 5-2, etc

Probably see a little of all of it this year.