Falcons Complete Practice Squad

The Atlanta Falcons signed tight end Carson Meier on Tuesday, making him the 10th and final member of their initial 2019 practice squad.

Meier is an undrafted rookie out of the University of Oklahoma, where he finished fifth on the team with 19 catches for 327 yards and four touchdowns in 2018. A versatile player, Meier manned both tight end and fullback roles for the Sooners, and that versatility is something the Falcons utilized in their tight ends this preseason.

Meier spent much of the preseason with the Jacksonville Jaguars, and he caught one pass for 8 yards against the Falcons in Week 4 of the preseason.

Here is the final 10-man practice squad for the Falcons:

2 minutes ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

I am a bit disappointed that Devin Gray and Tony Brooks-James are not on the team at all.

So far I have not heard them sign with another team, so hopefully if an opening comes up with our Falcons they get the call to return.

Tony Brooks James signed with the Bucs for their PS

13 minutes ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

I am a bit disappointed that Devin Gray and Tony Brooks-James are not on the team at all.

So far I have not heard them sign with another team, so hopefully if an opening comes up with our Falcons they get the call to return.

It doesn't work like that. Practice squad signings are based on depth, and where they need for practice purposes. 

We have 5 RBs plus a FB on the roster. We were never signing a RB to the PS

and Devin Gray lost out to Blake

6 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

The guy got beat like a rug on a line hanging in a third world country. Why is he still here? This guy is a bum pretending to be a OL. Stealing money from the organization.

If it came down to it, I can understand TD and DQ willing to go down with the ship carrying their own guys (Beasley, Senat)...but Harlow????  

This is waaaay too much of a reach.

Maybe they have some super secret plans for him that we don’t know about. 

Anyway...I’m gonna continue to trust TD and DQ regardless for now. They’ve mostly made great moves up until this point.

I wanna see how this plays out.

Edited by Dungeon Family

2 hours ago, hjerry said:

It doesn't work like that. Practice squad signings are based on depth, and where they need for practice purposes. 

We have 5 RBs plus a FB on the roster. We were never signing a RB to the PS

and Devin Gray lost out to Blake

Correct, I know this. Just hope if something unfortunate happens and we need another WR that hopefully Gray will get a call to return. 

16 hours ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

The Atlanta Falcons signed tight end Carson Meier on Tuesday, making him the 10th and final member of their initial 2019 practice squad.

Meier is an undrafted rookie out of the University of Oklahoma, where he finished fifth on the team with 19 catches for 327 yards and four touchdowns in 2018. A versatile player, Meier manned both tight end and fullback roles for the Sooners, and that versatility is something the Falcons utilized in their tight ends this preseason.

Meier spent much of the preseason with the Jacksonville Jaguars, and he caught one pass for 8 yards against the Falcons in Week 4 of the preseason.

Here is the final 10-man practice squad for the Falcons:

Harlow? Again? Waste of space, even on a PS.